Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 448485868788899091929394
Results 2,791 to 2,807 of 2807

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I find the first 70 or so issues to be the best of the bunch. Once it hits the mid-100s there's a definite decline in quality, and by the end of the run they were pretty childish stories.
    That may have been intentional. Notice that some of the issues in the 200s are no longer one story per issue; this mimicks the "multiple shorter stories" format used in Bart Simpson Comics, which was done that way to target younger readers that might not have the attention span to get through a full-length story.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Bart Simpson Breaks Out contains Bart Simpson Comics issues 78 through 83, except for the story "Springfield Babies" in issue 82. (Looks like Comic Book Gal is going to have to hold onto that issue for a while longer.)

However, for whatever reason, they appear in the book in order 83, 78, 80, 79, 81, 82.

Also, three stories have appeared in various volumes of Simpsons Comics Explosion:
    Lisa's Laughatory and The Martin Chronicles! are in Explosion #2
    Who the Bartman? is in Explosion #3

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Bart Simpson Breaks Out contains Bart Simpson Comics issues 78 through 83, except for the story "Springfield Babies" in issue 82. (Looks like Comic Book Gal is going to have to hold onto that issue for a while longer.)

However, for whatever reason, they appear in the book in order 83, 78, 80, 79, 81, 82.

Also, three stories have appeared in various volumes of Simpsons Comics Explosion:
    Lisa's Laughatory and The Martin Chronicles! are in Explosion #2
    Who the Bartman? is in Explosion #3
    that's nice but I don't collect the Bart Simpson comics, though I did find 100 at my local shop I have no intention of donating it because I consider it "Collector's status" I don't donate it even if it's in a collection
    Last edited by ComicBookGal; 04-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Whoa! A quick Google search tells me nothing, I wonder who is publishing?

Also worth noting, with The Simpsons now being owned by Disney I checked out how the company handles kids comics and stuff that just doesn't fit with Marvel and IDW looks to be Disney's go-to with them handling all the Disney stuff as well as the kid targeted Marvel comics and kid targeted Star Wars comics. So if The Simpsons do come back as a comic book, my bet is on IDW.
    UP AND ATOM!

I'm guessing that this will probably be an online exclusive or something

I'm trying to remember a Simpsons comic from the late 2000s or early 2010s where at one point, Bart woke up screaming from a nightmare or something, and Homer yelled from the other room "LISA! KEEP IT DOWN!" I thought it was pretty funny, and it reminded me of "Treehouse of Horror II" when Bart woke up screaming and he sounded kind of like Lisa there!

That's A Paddlin'

Quote Originally Posted by yodazone View Post
    Link doesn’t work. Can someone tell me what this was??

Last edited by JohnBee; 04-26-2019 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Link didn’t work

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me. I'm trying to get high quality scans of all the UK issues of Simpsons Comics to be uploaded to the Simpsons Wiki as I've documented here.

Basically what I need is the full cover and for the comic to be in at least a decent condition. If you don't have access to a scanner which can fit the whole cover on, then two separate scans of the top/bottom halves will suffice, as I own software which can stitch two images together provided they have an overlap.

Or if you know anyone who may be able to help and would be happy for me to speak to them then please let me know.

(Sorry if this is a lot to ask from a new user.)

so...this is happening, but it sounds like he's doing it just for Disenchantment

https://www.newsarama.com/45869-simp...aqfPhhXc1ZqkiA

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Here is what is in Simpsons Comics Colossal Compendium Volume Seven:

Grampa Simpson's Great Sandwich Caper! (Grampa Simpson's Unbelieveable Adventures)
    Pieman Meets the Pi Man (Summer Shindig 9)
    Railroaded! (Summer Shindig 7; also in Bart Simpson Bust-Up)
    Uncivil War: Bartman v. Houseboy (Simpsons 232)
    100% Homer (Simpsons 233)
    No More Mr. Ice Guy! (Simpsons 235)
    Bear Patrol III: Panda-monium! (Simpsons 236)
    Karmageddon (Simpsons 184)
    Outside the Lines (Simpsons 240)
    The Piemen of the World! (Super Spectacular 11)
    To the Bookmobile! (Simpsons 171)
    plus the Busy Hands Papercraft Project: Herman's Military Antiques

In Australia, Otter Press stopped issuing Simpsons comics around 2016 (according to their website, the last issue issued were 221-222 as issue #199), marking the end of an era. Bart Simpson comics was like 99% finished, but I DO recall seeing an Australian issue of Son Of Homer's Odyssey (as issue #67, although it's not on their website). Now we only have K-Zone and Total Girl, and they aren't proper comics.

Kids of the 2020s will never experience the joy of reading actual comics thanks to them...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronReturn2005 View Post
    In Australia, Otter Press stopped issuing Simpsons comics around 2016 (according to their website, the last issue issued were 221-222 as issue #199), marking the end of an era. Bart Simpson comics was like 99% finished, but I DO recall seeing an Australian issue of Son Of Homer's Odyssey (as issue #67, although it's not on their website). Now we only have K-Zone and Total Girl, and they aren't proper comics.

Kids of the 2020s will never experience the joy of reading actual comics thanks to them...
    Not saying I didn't buy them - of course I did! - but in retrospect, Otter Press really lost the plot and didn't seem to know what they were doing with the Bongo licensing.

When I first started reading (2002), it was so straightforward with Simpsons, Bart, Futurama, THOH and miniseries, eg the Simpsons/Futurama crossovers, being released several months after the US versions, with Bart being the only one that was really presented any differently (slightly different cover design, digest/ashcan sized, padded to 64 pages with an old issue of Radioactive man added in).

Then they started to get greedy with the reprints - Simpsons Classics, Treasure Trove, Best of the Simpsons, Best of Bart Simpson, and their obsession with digest-sized Futurama Comics "collector's editions", a 'new' trade paperback every 3 months, re-releasing the crossovers and THOHs after only a few years, throwing in free posters, etc.

It was around 2008/09 that I abandoned getting any of the Australian comics altogether, there were so many editions of things being re-released that it was kind of starting to cause collector's anxiety. The US releases were way more straightforward, and it helped that it was around this time that I got into other comic publishers and also moved somewhere that had a local comic shop so I didn't have to rely on newsagencies. I think the last releases I ever bought from Otter Press were the Comic Book Guy miniseries, and the Simpsons Go For the Gold special for the London Olympics in 2012.

I did see that they had "relaunched" Simpsons Comics in a new format as you said, combining two issues into one. TBH, I shook my head and moved on.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I did see that they had "relaunched" Simpsons Comics in a new format as you said, combining two issues into one. TBH, I shook my head and moved on.
    Here's why: In 2011, Otter Press stopped issuing the regular Simpsons Comics after #174, but all other services contuined. The next year, they came back and issued them in a format similar to Bart Simpson at that point.

Bart Simpson had many format changes overtime in Australia, all pocket-sized: Originally pocket-size copies of the entire run of Radioactive Man comics were included (in a random order), before starting to include other Radioactive Man stories (including the 80-page issue and the four-part flip story) and then moving on to having two issues in one issue (with Simpsons Super Spectacular stories featured occasionally from 2007-2011). Around 2015 it shifted to having one issue (with a story being split with a "continued" message) and a one-shot wonder (labelled as "(character)'s Own Comic Book"), but then the licensing ran out (and Bart Simpson getting its last issue) so no more..

One exception is "The Best Radioactive Man Event Ever! Part 2" (since they JUST had to issue it when they came out in the US) which combines it with issue 42 (in US order)
    Last edited by AaronReturn2005; 07-15-2019 at 05:21 PM.

The weirdest Australian issue is Bart Simpson #43 (King Of Late Night), which avoids the regular format and goes in a weirder direction...
    #The entirely of issue 59 of Bart Simpson (King Of Late Night in the US)
    #The entirely of issue 8 of Simpsons Super Spectacular (dropping from when Title Blocker (#37) left). In between are
    #Backstage At Bongo Comics (fully unaltered, retains Futurama Comics mention)
    #The Secret Life Of Bart Simpson (This was already in a Bart Simpson issue, so it seems unnecessary.

so, Harper Collins hasn't listed the next Simpsons comics collection, I'm kind of concerned that the Disney deal halted that as well

Thread Information