Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hybrid View

Dr. Bartley

Thumbs Up Simpsons Comics Thread

okay i know there is the old thread "UK Comics and how it sucks" but this one will be better anyway Simpsons Comics #106 hits the stands in america this week here is the description:

Krusty the Clown produces a musical extravaganza starring The Simpsons as… The Simpsons! But life in the spotlight becomes tiresome and the smell of the greasepaint and the roar of the crowd leaves the family to ponder whether all the world is a stage and whether or not they should leave it all behind!

Seems like it'll be ok.
    The Gods of Guitar

Junior Camper

I just wait for the books, even though they're like four years behind now. How come certain issues are skipped in them?

Quote Originally Posted by beatles20147
    I just wait for the books, even though they're like four years behind now. How come certain issues are skipped in them?
    Assuming you're talking about the paperback reprints, because they release "special" holiday themed books. There's seperate ones for the THoH and Christmas ones. And there was a "Royale" one a few years ago, that featured Issue # 50 and other rarities. There was also "Best Of Bartman" one, that contained a few Bartman comics and there's an upcoming "Futurama/Simpsons" one.

isn't this idea recycled from another simpsons comic?
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Stonecutter

Are Simpsons comics different in the UK than the US versions? If so, how come?

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!
    they are different and i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Simpsons Forever!

reason: titan book have a license to take the liberty of change the size and order of issue.

uk issues are larger and the treehouse of horror issue is included in the normal simpsons comics order
    the worst person ever

over 1950 simpsons comics from 18 countries
    i dislike your grubby little hands on my precious comics

No, the only things different are the competitions and fan mail sections (obviously they wouldn't be able to use the US ones). there's also the size, i recieved a us simpsons comic for my birthday and it was smaller.
    Last edited by Nameless; 03-29-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Well, that and the fact that we're several months behind, yet somehow still at the same number as the US...

iirc, a lot of the earlier comics were edited/censored over here. I recall one issue had someone say "sod this" and it was changed to "screw this". There's also a lot of issues where "$%^&"'s and other retarded upper-case number alternatives were used to cover swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    Well, that and the fact that we're several months behind, yet somehow still at the same number as the US...

iirc, a lot of the earlier comics were edited/censored over here. I recall one issue had someone say "sod this" and it was changed to "screw this". There's also a lot of issues where "$%^&"'s and other retarded upper-case number alternatives were used to cover swearing.
    maybe they're skipping numbers to cover it up? EVERYBODY. CHECK YOUR BACK ISSUES OF SIMPSONS COMICS. NOW.

Hmm...never knew the comics were censored, I assumed the writers hit shift and the number keys for both the UK and US. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters

They changed it to screw this? Sod that!

I would imagine the same price as all the other comics.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Issue #107 looks like it's going to be good.

Stonecutter

I'm pretty sure the $#$*%@@^&%*^%$#@*^#*@*#&(^@...etc is used in all versions of the comic.

Yeah, there were some times in the comics when they used "££%R$" and stuff, but it got out of hand over here and the UK comics started using when they said stuff like "hell" and "damn"...

And the "sod" thing was in Issue # 40, when Homer meets Benjamin, Doug and Gary and invites them to live in his basement. At the start he takes Lisa to see Hena Warrior Princess, and after a bunch of teenage girls start a riot mistaking Benjamin for Urkel, Lisa and Hena are the only ones left. Lisa is on the floor, trampled on by the teenagers, and Hena says "Well, sod this for a kiwi's tail feathers. I'm outta here!".

have they stopped censoring yet? if so, when?

I don't know. Although, I find it strange that Futurama comics say "ass" and "crap", whereas Simpsons comics never do... perhaps they still are...

They expect less people to buy Futurama Comics, because they're shorter and therefore worth much less than you buy them for. Therefore, they can put whatever they want in them.

Really? I'm sure my edition had him saying "hey", but maybe that's just me...

Well, it might be different for UK'ers. I can't find mine, so...

he says "holy crud" in the uk edition. ridiculous.

Oh well...I was half-right.

I've come to a decision to never buy these again.

... I wonder how much more we're missing out on...

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post

... I wonder how much more we're missing out on...
    Wow, I have the UK version of that comic and I had NO IDEA it was a censored line. Just checked at the spumonte-site where you can read the first 116 issues for free, and you were right, it's censorship! They actually said "holy crap", I'm pretty glad they got away with that, since less swears are used in the comic than in the show! Damn you, UK! How can I get an uncensored US copy of the issue?
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 07-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.

The new Futurama issue has the comic listed as 5 times per year now. I thought with the final season (or as I call it..."hiatus") they would have ramped this title to 12 issues per year.

Probably about ten pages' worth, at an educated guess...

How many spin-offs of the comics do we have now? Seventeen?

Banned

Gotten the last UK comic, "3000's Company". Excellent story yet again and it takles the most fustratingly popluar of subjects: Reality TV.

I like to thank Ian Boothy for that.

P.S. I didn't know if this is another Ian comic or not, but in the comic where Bart wins a vest after the "Li'l Squealer" contest, they kept the "Pigeon Crap Steel Cleaner" bit on the can of steel cleaner that the bullies used to clean the statue of Jebidaih Springfield. Just to point out.
    Last edited by ItchyScratchy100; 05-31-2005 at 10:13 AM.

The latest Simpsons Comic for the UK sucked. It was partly similar to "The Mansion Family", and, like all other 100+ comics, was weak and like very diluted paper from start to finish.

Honestly, has there ever been a good Simpsons comic?

yes. the first 60 or so comics were rather readable, and the halloween comics continue to be fairly decent.

Thread Information