Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 2757

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Bart Simpson Bust-Up contains all of the stories from Bart Simpson issues 73-77, plus "Railroaded!" from Summer Shindig 7 (the only story from that comic that had not been reprinted in the paperbacks up to that point)
    Ahhh, "Railroaded" was a fun story. I can tell the Silver Flash train was obviously supposed to be based off Amtrak's "Superliner" long-distance trains (in the panel that shows the F40PH-styled engine, I could see "AMT" lettering on the front). I've always admired how the trains in the Simpsons TV show and comics would be drawn with such great detail.

Junior Camper

Bongo comics solicitations for July are here. Good news everyone!!! Futurama comics returns as Futurama comics annual # 1. Bad news everyone!!! Futurama comics annual # 1 is just the physical versions of Futurama comics issues 82 and 83 in one comic, as much predicted here by some users.

https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/bong...solicitations/

I have GOT to take inventory of all the Simpsons comics I own

I now have 187 and 223

That could be anyone's ass. SchemingMinor's Avatar
    In a black van across from your house. The one that says Flowers By Irene.

Anyone get Simpsons Comics #243 yet?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by SchemingMinor View Post
    Anyone get Simpsons Comics #243 yet?
    Just got it (on May 5). What about it?

Speaking of which...
    Issue 242 says that Simpsons Comics is published "six times a year." Strange, considering that last year, there was none published when THOH was published, so you would think it would be only five.
    Issue 243 says "five times a year"
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 05-05-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Junior Camper

Bongo's solicitations for august are here. Once again, a digital only exclusive will be released and this time it's the Bartman trilogy (Bartman Spectacularly Super Secret Saga #1 - 3) in an 65 page physical edition.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Very excited for the Bartman special! I wish they brought that series back.
    UP AND ATOM!

Again, it looks like SpongeBob Squarepants is now Bongo Comics's main focus, with the Simpsons and Futurama playing second fiddle to them. (Maybe because SpongeBob is currently more popular than the Simpsons, and I've heard the show's been getting better, while the Simpsons keep getting worse.) Does Matt Groening still have any ownership in Bongo Comics? Surprised he hasn't sold it to United Plankton Pictures or Viacom yet.

okay the next collection has a title

http://www.harpercollins.ca/97800628...cs-showstopper

Too bad Bongo couldn't be upfront and state they would eventually release the digital comics as print editions at some future point.

Since I thought they would never be released in print, I found the digital versions online to view and read. Granted, I didn't download them, but now that I've read them, I'm not really pressed to have the physical copy.

So, in the case of Futurama, this "new" annual is really NOT new and we continue to not see a new issue of this title since September 2017. This annual is a July 2018 release. Doesn't look good for that title.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

The 2019 calendar is about to be released, and, as usual, the pictures are from comic book covers - well, mostly; there are a couple that I can't find (yet), and I have searched a few of the paperbacks as well, as well as the latest Family Album.

January - Simpsons 233
    February - Bart Simpson Suckerpunch paperback
    March - Simpsons 234
    April - ? (it has high school age Bart and Milhouse as jocks picking on nerd Homer)
    May - Simpsons 231, but the calendar image has a pink background while the comic book has a black one
    June - Simpsons 236
    July - Simpsons 228
    August - Simpsons 239
    September - Simpsons 230
    October - Simpsons Treehouse of Horror 22 (2016)
    November - Simpsons 238
    December - ? (it has Homer on a roof, stuck in a chimney in a Santa suit, while Bart and Lisa are dressed as elves and laughing)

Junior Camper

April - ? (it has high school age Bart and Milhouse as jocks picking on nerd Homer)
    That's the cover from Simpsons Illustrated # 23
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Simpsons_Illustrated_23

December - ? (it has Homer on a roof, stuck in a chimney in a Santa suit, while Bart and Lisa are dressed as elves and laughing)
    And this one is from Simpsons Illustrated # 26
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Simpsons_Illustrated_26

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Thanks for the info. Yes, those are both the images in the calendar.

Using Simpsons Illustrated covers? Dirty trick!

Which reminds me - Dumb Stuff I Gotta Do: add Simpsons Illustrated to the Simpsons Archive comic book page

Quote Originally Posted by bartman742 View Post
    Bongo comics solicitations for July are here. Good news everyone!!! Futurama comics returns as Futurama comics annual # 1. Bad news everyone!!! Futurama comics annual # 1 is just the physical versions of Futurama comics issues 82 and 83 in one comic, as much predicted here by some users.

I totally missed this when you shared it! Well, it's good to see them physical, though a shame they aren't continuing the numbering. Though I don't think they will ever hit issue 100 at this rate anyway.

The new MAD Magazine #2 edited by Bill Morrison has been pretty good. Worth picking up if you're a bongo fan

I think the donut on this cover is a nod to Homer:

https://www.madmagazine.com/blog/201...its-tinseltown

Junior Camper

Bongo comics solicitations for september are here. Chief Wiggum's one shot (originally released as digital only in march) is coming physical, and with this, all digital exclusives will have been printed. But no Treehouse of Horror announcement this month!!! What will happen with this title? moved to october? digital only?? canceled??? We can only wait for the answer possibly next month...

Bongo comics solicitations for september are here. Chief Wiggum's one shot (originally released as digital only in march) is coming physical, and with this, all digital exclusives will have been printed. But no Treehouse of Horror announcement this month!!! What will happen with this title? moved to october? digital only?? canceled??? We can only wait for the answer possibly next month...

It seems now each month, Bongo releases a new issue of SpongeBob (their only monthly comic they now published) and one Simpsons/Futurama-related comic. Given that they seem to be favoring SpongeBob over the Simpsons now, it's possible they are cancelling the Treehouse of Horror comic series, or making it digital only.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the digital releases. Wish there was a list for them all!

Junior Camper

Bongo's digitals

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I'm having a hard time keeping up with the digital releases. Wish there was a list for them all!

You asked for it!!!

tabla.jpg

2 of 8 Bongo's digitals have been printed. If Bongo doesn't change of mind, the physical release date for the rest is indicated in the table. Bartman's 3 issues will be printed in a single one, the same for Futurama's 2 issues.
    Last edited by bartman742; 06-21-2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Add image

That list is helpful, thanks! I have to ask my comic shop to individually order them because they aren't a series (like One Shot Wonder was).

WHOA WHOA WHOA! are they jumping ahead a bit? HarperCollins has released a description for Showstoppers

The show MUST go on . . . and on and on with The Simpsons!

The curtain rises on a “classic” tale of survival as the Simpson family is stranded on a deserted island. Then, with the Nuclear Power Plant set to self-destruct, only one man can save everyone in Springfield and he’s got just 25 hours to set things right. It’s about to be the longest day of Homer Simpson’s life! And when Mr. Burns goes to a spa to be rejuvenated, he comes back a new man—literally! Who is this pretender, and why is he selling off all of Mr. Burns belongings? And where is the “real” Mr. Burns? Is he alive and well, or did he “exit stage left”?

okay first of all I'm glad i'll be able to see that both parts of Brand New Burns will be in this collection, but are they impatient? or maybe not after counting.....are they not bothering with Swiss Family Simpsons?

also as of last friday Simpsons comics #164 and 174 are added to my collection
    Last edited by ComicBookGal; 07-04-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    okay first of all I'm glad i'll be able to see that both parts of Brand New Burns will be in this collection, but are they impatient? or maybe not after counting.....are they not bothering with Swiss Family Simpsons?
    If you mean Simpson Family Robinson Crusoe (Simpsons #127), it's this part of the description: "The curtain rises on a “classic” tale of survival as the Simpson family is stranded on a deserted island."
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

oh, well how did I miss that?

I know have Colassal compendium #6 so it seems I'll be shedding 3 issues, and come february several issues, like at least 3 since Simpsons family robinson, 25 and Brand New Burns will be in the next collection
    Last edited by ComicBookGal; 07-05-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Here are the comics used in Colossal Compendium 6:
    The Book of Jobs (Simpsons 223)
    If You Could See What I Smell (Simpsons 231)
    Game On! (Simpsons 230)
    The Left Behinders! (Treehouse of Horror 21)
    The Radioactive Man Christmas Special (Winter Wingding 9)
    Splotchmen (Super Spectacular 13)
    Debt Be Not Proud (Simpsons 213)
    Scent of a Baby (Maggie)
    Have Bodybag, Will Travel! (McBain)
    Donut Detectives (Simpsons 230)
    Monty's Morphin' Power Wranglers (Simpsons 212)
    Li'l Homer in: Fish Story (Li'l Homer)
    Busy Hands Papercraft Project: King Toot's Music Store

Ain’t grandma Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a lot of the older comics, but I have very few of the newer ones. There were next to none at bookstores, and I never got around to ordering comics online. Nevertheless, it’s sad to see that they’re ending.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

I knew it. It's partly due to how Bongo Comics thinks physical comic books are dying, and because Bongo is favoring SpongeBob SquarePants comics over the Simpsons and Futurama... (I suppose Matt Groening may eventually end up selling Bongo Comics to United Plankton Pictures or Viacom or something...)
    But it is kind of sad to see the end of an era, as I grew up with the Simpsons comics as well. During the summer, it'd be a good way to get my Simpsons fix while the main show was in reruns until autumn. I enjoyed issue 244, since it was Krusty-centered, and seeing Bart dressed up full-body as a monkey was pretty funny, especially when all the other kids began following his lead.

Only 80s kids remember this ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aww, such a shame it’s ending. Bongo really are doubling down on SpongeBob, aren’t they?

I wonder if THOH and One-Shot Wonders will continue, though.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

will some other publisher start making Simpsons comics now that bongo have abandoned it? can that even happen

That could be anyone's ass. SchemingMinor's Avatar
    In a black van across from your house. The one that says Flowers By Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by flashbeagle View Post
    will some other publisher start making Simpsons comics now that bongo have abandoned it? can that even happen
    I kind of doubt it, Bongo is Groening's own company.

Thread Information