Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2775

Thread: Simpsons Comics Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I'm relieved that the TPBs will continue, and should probably start catching up. I think the next one I need to get is "Simpsons Comics Confidential".

Anybody here have a link to a good resource for a list of all the TPBs for Simpsons Comics?

The Simpsons Archive stopped updating as have Simpsons Wiki.
    I maintain this list, but it's based on the comic books rather than the TPBs (i.e. it lists which TPB each comic book's story is in, but doesn't list the stories in each TPB together).

I'm relieved that the TPBs will continue, and should probably start catching up. I think the next one I need to get is "Simpsons Comics Confidential".

Anybody here have a link to a good resource for a list of all the TPBs for Simpsons Comics?

I don't know isn't the wiki run by fans?
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Er, what page on The Simpsons Archive stopped updating? I thought I was updating the only comics page there.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Er, what page on The Simpsons Archive stopped updating? I thought I was updating the only comics page there.
    This page ended with Confidential: https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/guid...klistus02.html
    UP AND ATOM!

Anyone know why Bongo Comics decided to stop publishing Simpsons Comics? I found out this morning on My Comic Shop.com that #245 will be the last issue!!!!

Also: anyone know when THOH will come out?

Here's a new article on it:

http://flimspringfield.net/byebongo

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by D DEBBS View Post
    Also: anyone know when THOH will come out?
    There won't be a THOH comic this year...or, presumably, in any future years. It would have been published in September.

And it's not just the Simpsons comics they're stopping; the SpongeBob SquarePants comics are "on an extended break," which I have a feeling means, "We (or Nickelodeon) are looking for someone else to publish it."

Nothing Spookier than Perfume AAAAH-taeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A review of #245 I found on Comic Vine:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/simps...ws/2200-48661/

Puncuated mostly as written, except changing one italization to bold and not bothering with title italization:

After 245 issues and 25 years, The Simpsons Comics has come to an end.

Published non-stop by Bongo Comics (named after the one-eared rabbit Matt Groening created before The Simpsons, as part of his Life in Hell series), it is one of the very few long-running series to reach into the triple digits (that hasn't been rebooted endlessly!)—quite an accomplishment for an independent company. The series has run somewhat parallel to the TV series, but with its own creative team and stories.

Throughout its run, several creators have lent their talents to the comic: Evan Dorkin (Milk & Cheese), Mike Kazaleh (The Adventures of Captain Jack), Andrew Pepoy (Afterlife with Archie), and Scott Shaw! (The Flintstones).

In this final issue we have Nathan Kane on writing, Rex Lindsey on pencils, Andrew Pepoy on Inks, Art Villanueva on colors, Karen Bates on letters, and Jason Ho on the cover.

The final story (titled, Bye, Bye Bunny) is funny, weird, well-drawn, meta, wth [sic], and bittersweet.

Homer bursts into the family's home proclaiming "So long stink town! Pack your bags, the Simpsons are outta here!" As usual, the story doesn't quite flow how you'd think. A new family pet is bought, Comic Book Guy makes an appearance, Millhouse posts to social media, Mr. Burns schemes, and Bart uses a slingshot. The ending is absurd fun.

The writing feels like a Simpsons episode, and so does the art. I'm more of a Classic Simpsons fan, but I appreciated the comic version: the character were on-model, with subtle cell shading and interesting linework. Panel layout was non-obtrusive but a bit pedestrian (a few epic battle shots livened things up); mise en scène was done well and helped the story flow.

At the beginning of the book we see art mailed in by young fans; and at the end of the book Kane bids a farewell to the readers. But, what's this? He notes that The Simpsons will begin a hiatus! So does that mean more Simpsons comics will be published? At the very least, yes, in terms of collections. As for new stories? Who knows.

Until then, we have 245 back issues to obsess over.
    I
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Sadly, I found out last night while streaming Youtube.

HOMER: (Sadly) D'oh.

BURNS: Yes...you're in deep do'h now.

BONGO COMICS 1993-2018

I've only just noticed they've included both the old and new Bongo logos on the cover of #245. A nice little touch.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

I just picked up my copy today. And well what mass cameos? the only one I recognized was Dr Olberman, who hasn't really been seen since the issue with the sinful sinkers. It was mostly a callback to the first comic and oh yeah the pet rabbit has one ear, kind of makes me wish they would have brought back Bill Morrison just for this issue

so how long until this issue shows up in a colossal compendium, even if it was in Volume 7 I'm not donating it mostly because I now consider this a collector's item, also why isn't volume 7 listed on the harper collins site yet?
    Last edited by ComicBookGal; 10-20-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Uh, Hugh Jass? Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

I've never actually bought any of The Simpsons comics (or not what I can recall anyway) however I would love to get some though knowing there's 245 comics and they're probably quite expensive now for the back catalogue it's probably best that I don't haha.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Not really, you can get the old issues for less than $5, sometimes around $3 for Fine quality, at MyComicShop.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    I've never actually bought any of The Simpsons comics (or not what I can recall anyway) however I would love to get some though knowing there's 245 comics and they're probably quite expensive now for the back catalogue it's probably best that I don't haha.
    I rely on the twice a year charity book markets and a local comic shop closest to my house if I strike out at the book markets

even though the final issue will probably end up in the colossal compendium but I'm going to keep it anyway

Uh, Hugh Jass? Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Yeah, I bet it would be good to have the full collection, I'd keep them in folders or something to keep them new

Thread Information