• 2/5 I have gone blind with hatred for this show

3 6.38%
  • 1/5 I'm picking up the papers for the class-action lawsuit tomorrow

4 8.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and/or review American Dad "Francine's Flashback"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate and/or review American Dad "Francine's Flashback"

Probably the first genuinely episode of the show's history, with the raccoon chase being the best part. I was digging it.

Want an example of something I'm not digging, however? Francine is following the EXACT SAME character development as Lois Griffin. Seemingly boring innocent housewife turns out to have had a marked past of partying and whatnot... I mean c'mooooooooooon you're trying to get cancelled.

(low) 4/5

EDIT- Poll options tailored for NHC use.

Yeah I actually liked it too. 4/5. About the same as Family Guy and a bit better than the first Simpsons episodes but the best of the night I think was the Simpsons season finale.

And thus we see what Seth can do with the characters after he's established them a little better. I find it hard to believe that this is the same show that I all but swore off last week. Make more episodes like this one and you'll earn the multiple seasons you're inevitably going to have now that Fox is giving such blatant reach-arounds to Seth McFarlane to make up for their previous treatment of Family Guy. Regretfully, I am unable to rate this episode on the scale provided, as it was not bad. 4/5
    Recent discoverer/worshipper of ATHF. Now for brilliant quotes.

Look, Frylock, you know me. Had I known all this merchandise had been broken, I would of laid the hammer down. But it was stolen. - Master Shake, "Mayhem of the Mooninites"

Look, you go find him. He don't yell at you. All I ever try to do is make him smile, and sing around him, and dance around him, and he just lays into me. He told me to get in the freezer cuz there was a carnival in there. There wasn't no carnival! It was a damn freezer! I got freezer burn. i got mushed up against a chicken...- Meatwad, "Escape from Leprauchpolis"

The Spring in Springfield

Wow, I actually really liked that episode. Besides a few bad jokes (VAG), it was very good. It had a nice plot, and it was actually pretty funny.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on watching it, but I ended up watching it and I was pleasently surprised.

4/5.

Doddering Old Man

4/5. I laughed about 300% more at this episode than the previous episodes (by which I mean I laughed 3 times). Roger is growing on me. It just seemed less flat this week.

Eh. The flasback plot didn't do much for me. And Steve still reminds me of Kevin French from Mission Hill; is he going to be trying to hit on chics in EVERY episode?

Last week's episode was much better.

2/5

This one surprised me. I dug almost everything about this episode, surprisingly. Killed Family Guy tonight. 4/5
    Signature.

Better episode. I now have a better perception of what an American Dad episode is capable of. (I didn't see last week's.) 4/5
    Wicked.

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

Just as everyone else is shocked, so am I. This was a great episode. Characters and humor are definitely starting to take shape. And here I was all but ready to give up on this show...

As Jonah already stated, it far surpassed tonight's episode of Family Guy. 4/5

Blog Entries

3/5

Hmmm...pretty good, still not 4/5 good, but still good. It had some of FG's "Death Lives" in its undertones, but still not as awful as the last three episodes.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I enjoyed it!

3.5/5

The racoon chase was hilarious, and I laughed pretty hard at Steve walking home, then realizing that the girl said she would make out at him.

People say I remind them of Steve... I'm pretty sure it's an insult.
    zip zop zoobity bop

The parts I like best about the show are Stan vs. Hayley stories, and Roger. If Paul Lynde wa still alive, do you suppose he would've done Roger himself?

What was the deal with the Dave Chappelle Freakout Tent?

Could it have been a reference to his recent woes?

I laughed pretty hard (also) at 'Daddy didn't think that one through'...

i haven't watched an episode since the pilot but decided to check this one out after seeing the positive reviews. i'm also pleasantly surprised and i agree that it was better than family guy tonight.

i actually wish i would have recorded some of the previous episodes ... this series may not be as awful as expected. nothing spectacular but i actually plan on watching next week.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

I am shocked as well. This was actually... pretty good. Had me cracking up several times, even more than the Simpsons and Family Guy tonight. Stan is still annoying, and they took his actions and words a little too far a few times (especially him explaining to the daughter how horribly he would kill her...), but he at least showed some characteristics of being an actual human. He has emotion - barely any at all, but that's better than nothing.

I give it a 4/5 though, and if they keep this up, I'll feel bad about what I said about the show before.

4/5
    American Dad seemed to be getting progressively better, and that lead to this episode. Some good gags, a decent plot, and the characters are getting more likeable. I don't like how they are putting Steve subplots in every episode, though. I thought it was neat to see Patrick Stewart.

I think I was impressed by the entire evening lineup from The Simpsons to Family Guy.

It wasn't bad. Unlike most people, I didn't like it more than tonight's Family Guy, but I did like it more than past American Dad episodes and just a little bit more than The Simpsons. Very interested to see how next week's compares to this one. I still like Francine the most out of all the characters, and I still want to shoot Stan.

3.5/5
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

As the solde defender of the first 3 outings, I've got to say this does look where the show REALLY hits its stride. There were a few lines that diidn't work, but both plots worked well, and this time I think people will agree with me that none of teh characters were annoying. 4/5

streets ahead

American Dad has really started to grow one me, this one was the best so far. It had some funny moments, particularly the raccoon chase scene and was almost up to the standards of the new Family Guy episode. B+

Holy crap... that wasn't bad. Hopefully, the show will continue to improve and not go back to being totally stupid.

4/5

juice with the people prince jafar allah's Avatar

so in the future when they want to center another episode around this unfunny, bland character how are they going to achieve the obvious prerequisite of the complete personality switch that makes her act really zany and wacky? hypnotism perhaps?

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Computer Face/Pure Being StrideR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ask The Simpsons.
    Christ

at least when the simpsons makes a character act in an out-of-character wacky manner for the sake of cheap laughs, they remain at least slightly grounded in the original character (mad mad mad marge for example) rather than just being an entirely new character altogether

Mohammed Jafar: Shut the fuck up. Seriously. We enjoyed it. Don't come over here and piss in our soups, telling us how we should naturally react to stimuli. The Simpsons is not the infallable and sole example of perfection among the TV world, and it is not the blueprint for How Things Should Be Done. People can do things in, get this, OTHER WAYS. Other ways that are DIFFERENT and sometimes SCARY to someone who doesn't like things that are different and scary. Ohhhhh, you didn't like the episode because you felt the character change was unjustified and preposterous? At least 16 of us here didn't find that enough of a problem to prevent us from liking the show, because a lot of us remove the sticks from our asses (which really just makes it easier to sit down) when we watch, and instead of deconstructing every blink of a character's eye (and how The Simpsons would handle said blink) we just let it come to us, and if we enjoy it, yay, and if we don't, boo.

I don't care if you don't like it. I don't care WHY you don't like it. Can you give us the same courtesy and just stay the fuck out of the thread if you don't like the show? Please? For the kittens?

EDIT- Not that I'm really that upset you come into these threads every week and talk about how much you hate everything, but seriously, when's the last time you and I yelled back and forth at each other in a thread? We're way overdue for one of those meaningless screamfights we enjoy so much.

settle down. all i did was make an offhand observation on the episode, and i wasnt the one who brought up the simpsons

So...

So no screamfight?

Buddy, I need this...

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Nothin' wrong with that!

The only episode of American Dad that I didn't like too much was the pilot, but the rest of them have been really great so far.

Best episode to air so far. 4/5

I actually liked it a lot. The Bill Pullman video was probably my favorite part. I'm ashamed to say it, but I laughed more at American Dad than I did Family Guy last night. Shamefull I know, but I'm gonna go and watch both over again.

4/5

All of The General's signatures are hosted by ImageShack

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Damn, maybe I should have watched this instead of scrubbing the toilet last night.

Thread Information