• 2/5

38 22.22%
  • 1/5

64 37.43%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All singing all dancing

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

A- it's great.

call me old fashioned, but i'd still rather watch this than practically anything post season twelve.

"call me old fashioned, but this guy does what the bible tells him."
    Last edited by zach; 03-20-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't why everyone hates this episode. Call me crazy, but I actually liked it. I don't get why it's so hated. 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Same here.

Paint Your Wagon is among one of the funniest moments in Simpson history. Snake is my favourite secondary character so his scenes are hilarious to me and the singing - I really have no problem with a compilation of Simpsons songs. After all, they all have amazing lyrics.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

What is worse than a recap is a musical recap, or say "musical crap".

1/5

Blog Entries

Odd how one of the standouts of the season was a musical clip-show, mostly because of a picture back to how good this show used to be. Plus the segments tying up the clips weren't terrible. 3/5.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

I liked it. But i'm just a sucker for songs in The Simpsons.

3/5

I love the nostalgia from seeing the old songs from the series past and the humour of Snake coming in and telling them all to be quiet.

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a clip show so I could never give it full marks, but I really enjoy this episode, mostly because all the songs showcased are so strong. The wraparound story is good as well, especially PYW and the Snake parts. 8/10, 4/5 for the poll.
    Last edited by Judge Fudge; 05-18-2015 at 03:02 AM.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS EPISODE, DON'T READ THE NEXT PART OF THIS COMMENT.

This is my favourite Simpsons clip show (that includes the 138th episode spectacular). For starters, I'm a big fan of musicals and I thought it was great to have a look back at all the previous Simpsons songs. Snake's part in the episode was pretty funny too. I just loved the whole thing really. If only they did this episode a year later and they might have included the 'Adults, Kids' song from Wild Barts can't be broken. 4/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

*Yawn*

Just like every other clip show, 1/5.

Slide Whistle Extraordinaire Mel Van Horn's Avatar

I usually like the clip shows, but this one is just painful... the songs are usually my least favorite parts, and the forced lines in the beginning did not do it for me. 1/5

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

While this is a clip show, and the original content isn't very good, the Simpsons have produced some pretty good songs over the years. And if they were going to do a clip show, they might as well do one showcasing some of the great songs they've done. So it gets points for that. 5/10

Is it about my cube? Cornerstone's Avatar

It's not an episode I watch often but I don't think it's too bad. I enjoy it if I do watch it but I'd never intentionally put it on. The scene with Snake is funny.

2/5
    1. And Maggie Makes Three
    2. Lisa On Ice
    3. Duffless
    4. Lisa Gets an 'A'
    5. The Otto Show

Banned
    Blog Entries

Better than Another Simpsons Clipshow but that dosent say much at all. 4/10

Not one of the best clip shows, though I have a feeling that the production crew deliberately intended this to be a cheesy and bad episode!

Blog Entries

Probably the worst episode of The Simpsons up to Season 12. It's bad enough being a clip show, but The Simpsons singing and being very annoying the whole time too? Yeah, and having that distinction of being the only episode I've never managed to watch all the way through. An absolute dogshit of an episode.

1/10
    My Top 100 Simpsons episodes

My Simpsons season rankings (1-23):

6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 10 > 9 > 2 > 12 > 1 > 11 > 16 > 15 > 13 > 17 > 14 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23 > 21 > 22

Simon Era - Reiss Era - Mirkin Era - Oakley Era - Scully Era - Jean Era

Blog Entries

Musical clip show. I do like musical numbers in The Simpsons, and the songs they wrote specifically for this episode were good. Snake scenes were funny reliefs in between, but his talking over the credits was overkill. Painting wagon movie missed the mark with me, but everything else was okay for a clip show.
    Clip show standards: 8/10
    Normal episode standards: 5/10

A Lazy clip show with the only funny moments being with Snake in, I just hope that they don't do it again and use the latest awful songs they have cranked out. The worst episode of the first 14 seasons easily.
    1/10
    "Trying is the first step to failure" - Homer Simpson
    Simpsons: Best Episode/Worst Episode Per Season
    1:Life On The Fast Lane/The Telltale Head2:One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Homer VS. Lisa and The 18th Commandment 3:Homer At The Bat/The Otto Show 4:Marge VS. The Monorail/Selma's Choice 5: Cape Feare/Homer and Apu 6:Who Shot Mr.Burns (Part 1)/Bart's Girlfriend 7:Homer The Smithers/ The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular 8: Homer VS. The EIghteenth Amendment/Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: The Cartridge Family/All Singing, All Dancing 10:The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace/Homer Simpson in "Kidney Trouble" 11:Missionary: Impossible/It's A Mad Mad Mad Marge 12: Hungry, Hungry Homer/The Great Money Caper 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/Brawl In The Family 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Break My Wife, Please 15: Simple Simpson/Bart Mangled Banner 16: Thank God It's Doomsday/On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister 17: Girls Just Wanna Have Sums/Marge and Homer Turn A Couple Play 18: Marge Gamer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Dial 'N' for Nerder/Papa Don't Leech 20: Eeny Teeny Maya Moe/The Burns and The Bees 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer The Father/Elementary School Musical 23: How I Wet Your Mother/Treehouse of Horror XXII 24: The Saga of Carl/Moonshine River 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid is Alright

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not close as bad as "Another Simpsons Clip Show" (which is in my bottom 10, horrendous episode) or even "Gump Roast", but it's still a pretty terrible episode. The only thing worth seeing is the "Paint Your Wagon"-bit and the moments with Snake. Other than that, it's insanely boring. Fuck clip shows. 4/10
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalinDragon View Post
    Probably the worst episode of The Simpsons up to Season 12. It's bad enough being a clip show, but The Simpsons singing and being very annoying the whole time too? Yeah, and having that distinction of being the only episode I've never managed to watch all the way through. An absolute dogshit of an episode.

1/10
    can you please tell me why this is that bad

Blog Entries

This one's grown on me. I've seen Marge vs. the Monorail, Homer the Great, etc. countless times, so why should hearing their amazing songs again make them any more boring or annoying? In fact, I think these clips are the best of any clip show, since they require less context for me (and probably the casual viewer) to be fully immersed in the clip. "Paint Your Wagon" is actually pretty funny, especially since I've since found that it is a real movie. The Snake bits are amusing, and the credits are kind of fun, so nothing wrong there. The original transition songs are surprisingly well-written and catchy. The lyrics have a fair share of jokes, and Alf Clausen does a great job connecting the songs. For example, the last line before "Who Needs the Kwik-E-Mart" plays is "There's Mr. Burns, Krusty, and even Apoooooooo..." with the last chord transitioning effortlessly into the start of that song. Almost all of the transitions do that equally impressively (although the one before Marge vs. the Monorail is kind of weird, since the two songs are separated by lots of Lyle Lanley dialogue).

Overall, the best clip show and a surprisingly enjoyable watch. 8/10

Blog Entries

i think that the transitions are a bit sloppy in places but good in others, and i like almost all the songs they showed, so i find nothing too bad about this episode. 3/5.

Daddy Says Dice Are Wicked Langdon Alger's Avatar

I remember rushing home from shoveling snow back whenever this came out ('98?) and I was so disappointed it was a clip-show. Nowadays though, for the 'Paint Your Wagon' part alone, I can't get enough.

Blog Entries

Although the episode has a great collection of songs, the actual plot of the episode is very stupid and I think the wraparound scenes could. have been a lot better. So I'll give it a C-.

Blog Entries

The 'Paint Your Wagon' pastiche and of course a couple of the songs featured aside, this was a forgettable mess.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this clip show. While it does get carried away with the amount of re-used songs, it's still an enjoyable watch and all of the songs are classics. I also liked the original scenes like the Paint Your Wagon bit and the scenes with Snake. The thing about this episode is that I didn't like it the first time I watched it. I was expecting a regular episode, but I got this one and halfway through the episode I was like "They're going to be singing throughout the whole episode, aren't they?" It did grow on me the second time I watched it and when I got the season 9 DVD it was one I watched often. It's better than Another Simpsons Clipshow and it doesn't really deserve the hate it gets. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Well, clips were good...
    2/5

I never liked clip shows.

2/5. Because at least the clips were from the golden era.

Thread Information