• 2/5

38 22.22%
  • 1/5

64 37.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All singing all dancing

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

37th King of England Richard Nixon's Avatar

This sort of gets some unfair treatment. It's bad, but how so many members rate this even worse than Another Simpsons Clipshow is beyond me. At least this episode tries to be original. As others have said 'Paint Your Wagon' was good. ASCS had nothing funny before the clips. And this one actually takes clips, rather than huge chunks from an episode. Once it gets to the clips though, it's awful. Still just about good enough for a 4/10

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^
    Ok, it's better than 'another', but that doesn't mean a lot.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's fine. Nothing special but the abuse it gets is uncalled for. It is a clipshow... get over it. At least it isn't just random clips and they've done something to make it fun. 3/5

Blog Entries

i still give this a 5/5. It's not one of the all-time greatest episodes, but I simply love most, if not all of the songs in the show. It doesn't really surprise me though that many hate it, because there are some people who hate clipshows no matter how original they try to bd (which IMO this one does try, and succeeds).
    Last edited by Walid; 05-26-2010 at 05:29 PM.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"All Singing, All Dancing"....a perfect way to describe what Fox is now in 2010.

2/5.

The song at the beginning was kinda funny ("Gonna use oil-based paint, 'cause the wood is pine"), but after that it sucked.

I really expect better from David Mirkin.

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

How could you like this at all?

1/5
    in my bottom ten someplace

Jessico09

Worst. Episode. EVER.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snake was pretty funny in this episode, but he was probably the only highlight. Clip shows are all right, but that's all they really are: clips of previous shows. Nothing too good about this episode. 2/5.

Junior Camper ILoveTheSimpsonsALot's Avatar

I have season 9 and this is the only episode I didn't watch completely because I just don't like most of the songs in the Simpsons. I guess I just can't rate it but I would've probably gave it a 1/5.

Clip shows are boring. All of them. 1/5. (except for the 138th Spectacular, which I wouldn't really even consider a clip show)

Having just rewatched this one, I tried to imagine if The Simpsons had wrapped up in 1998, and the final episodes were aired in productional order. Keeping in mind David Mirkin's brief reprisal as showrunner, and the limited number of active producers involved, this very well would've been the final Simpsons episode.

If that were the case, this would've been a fairly unremarkable finale. Some of the archived musicals were fun, but the only really good part about this episode was the continued threat of Snake, including the ultra-hilarious ending. Everything else was boring.

This episode sums up my feeling about musicals in general; good as segments, but not whole episodes. This probably the weakest of only five clip shows the show did, and it's good that they discontinued that practice.

2.25/5

Blog Entries

I rate all the clipshows the same: a 2/5. I don't really class them as episodes really. However, All Singing All Dancing is one my my more liked clipshows. I like the music in The Simpsons, so that might be why. Snake's bit is great though, and I love "Paint Your Wagon".

2/5

I know I am being overly generous. I have to because I am thankful that they did not include any of the songs from that "Shary Bobbins" episode since all those songs in that episode are nerve wracking. I'll bet if this episode was made today, they would make worse choices of songs to include.

1/5

To be honest, I didn't like this episode one little bit. I always skip this episode when I watch the boxset

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3/5 I enjoyed the musical movie, and the Snake scenes, but the clips were downright awful.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

I HATE clip shows, but making it about the songs made it a little bit less annoying. Still it was a poor excuse for a episode. Then again when I saw this for the first the first time, I didn’t seen many of the episode it used in the clips, so it made it way more interesting, just to let me know what I missed so fat. Heck! To be honest, I like this one more then the second clip shop, and the painted wagon part was funny.

Note : When this episode aired in Poland they cut-out all the scenes with Snake for some reason

Blog Entries

I like the clips but not the wraparound singing. 3rd best clipshow

Blog Entries

I'll give this episode the benefit of a doubt, I genuinely enjoyed it when it first aired, and the songs are slightly catchy. Plus, Paint your Wagon is gold. 3/5.
    Last edited by Sam; 11-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it

The wraparounds are pretty catchy, and it was fun seeing all the musical moments again. I like it when the Simpsons burst in to song. But, it's still a clipshow, soo.... C+ 3/5. Season 9 has worse offenders.

Blog Entries

1.5/5
    Snake is awesome in this one, I like when he targets Maggie.

Blog Entries

Did you guys know this received a G rating?

Blog Entries

yes.

Blog Entries

Do you know of any other episodes that have gotten this? I believe "Lard of the Dance" did as well.

Blog Entries

i just googled it (yes, i'm a loser like that) and it says the only ones were this, Bart the Mother and Miracle on Evergreen Terrace.

doesn't sound entirely reliable but oh well.

Junior Camper

This is my favourite clip-show, and I like the wrap-around a lot. I dunno... I just like the songs on The Simpsons and shoving all the best ones (there weren't really any amazing musical numbers after season 9, to be honest) on one episode is fine with me.

Blog Entries

I actually like I like to walk.

Junior Camper

Some of them are okay (I like a couple of the songs in the episode where Lisa enters a singing competition), but they just lack something (probably effort). Like if you compare the Lurleen songs in Colonel Homer to the ones in Papa Don't Leech, it's no question as to which has the better songs.

Ken Keeler always wrote the best ones anyway.

Going against the crowd, I like this one. Rating will largely depend on whether you're annoyed by the family singing, and in this case, I'm not. Paint Your Wagon was funny, the family singing was okayish, the clips were great. But it is just a clipshow, so no insanely high ratings from me. 7/10

Blog Entries

Normal clip show... but bad Simpsons episode.
    Much better than Another Simpsons Clip Show.
    4.0\10, D+
    S9 rating: 22nd place

Thread Information