Thread: R&R King of the Hill 903 "Death Buys A Timeshare"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R King of the Hill 903 "Death Buys A Timeshare"

I walked in a little late, but it was pretty boring from what I saw. I didn't laugh once. (Granted I missed about 5 minutes)

2/5

I'll download it off BearShare and post again if my opinion changes based on the beginning.

I liked it, I thought it was a pretty good episode. 4/5

I'd probably give it something like a 3/5. It had a few funny moments and ideas but overall it was a little dull. The nails holding the episode's story together just weren't strong enough I found. First, Hank doesn't want Cotton to be ripped off. Cotton finds happiness at the time share so Hank changes his mind back. It's just a bit of a weak premise. And the subplot was very typical of the past couple of seasons. Little meaningless time-filler B-plot that doesn't even get resolved.
    Signature.

The B story sort of gets resolved in the original script -- Peggy, Bobby and Dale wind up sneaking into the pool at the school gymnasium, and get locked in. The scene was cut, probably for time. KotH is really suffering the most from Fox's shorter running times, because it's a show that tries to take its time and the 20-minute or whatever running times no longer allow for that.

It didn't look like a great episode in the script I read and it didn't look like a great episode tonight, though I did laugh every time Bill got beat up (but those are easy laughs). Fundamental weakness is that it doesn't really feel like Cotton. This kind of story could happen to any character. KotH needs to be more character-specific.

3/5 it was a decent episode. not too funny though.
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Artist Formally Known As Michael Bolton

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
    Record List
    Best Simpsons Episode Ever = Lemon of Troy

Quote Originally Posted by arlen_texas
    The B story sort of gets resolved in the original script -- Peggy, Bobby and Dale wind up sneaking into the pool at the school gymnasium, and get locked in. The scene was cut, probably for time. KotH is really suffering the most from Fox's shorter running times, because it's a show that tries to take its time and the 20-minute or whatever running times no longer allow for that.

It didn't look like a great episode in the script I read and it didn't look like a great episode tonight, though I did laugh every time Bill got beat up (but those are easy laughs). Fundamental weakness is that it doesn't really feel like Cotton. This kind of story could happen to any character. KotH needs to be more character-specific.
    True enough. The only instances where Cotton was acting like Cotton were in the car with Hank and Bill, and when shooting the cooler. In this scenario, Cotton easily could have been replaced by Bill, Dale or Boomhauer.

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Eh, it was okay. Kinda bland, and very forgettable. 2/5

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

Good, not great.....still the best of the three that have aired this season.

Thread Information