Thread: R&R King of the Hill 902 "Ms. Wakefield"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R King of the Hill 902 "Ms. Wakefield"

Quote Originally Posted by TV Tome Summary
    When an elderly stranger, Ms. Wakefield, visits the Hill residence during Christmas, Hank is thrilled to show her his house since it was also her childhood home. However, when Ms. Wakefield announces that she wants to die in their house, Hank and Peggy want nothing more than for her to leave.
    I thought it was pretty good. I'm glad she didn't die in the house, that would have been weird. It had some funny moments, most notably at the beginning when Hank was talking about the mistle-toe; that cracked me up.

4/5

EDIT- Damn, forgot to add a poll! Can ones of the mods please add a poll to this...

Though between the last-minute scheduling, the low viewership for the night and the tough time slot, I'm probably one of the few people who saw this episode, I thought it was very funny. Visually, I liked the scene of Ms. Wakefield walking super-fast on her walker to get back into Hank's house before he shuts the door. And I liked the way Dale's haunted-house idea was set up to fool us in the third act (so we'd think the goings-on were a trick by Dale). John Redcorn was a highlight too.

But I couldn't help feeling that, logically, she should have died. No sitcom other than possibly Seinfeld would end an episode that way, but logically this insane old woman should not have been invited back by Hank, happy ending or no.

Now we face another few weeks of pre-emptions. It remains to be seen where KotH will be when the Sunday night shows come back on Jan. 16. I hope they start double-pumping the episodes so that they can show some of the eps they should have shown in the past few weeks.

Crotis Jivefunk

I thought this was one of the best episodes in years. John Redcorn got some good airtime, as did Dale. This one was actually funny too. The plot was also interesting and never got too lame or preachy. Felt like I was watching an episode from S3 or 4.

pretty good episode. i liked the storyline alot, there were some pretty funny bits in this episode. id give it a solid 4.

4/5
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Artist Formally Known As Michael Bolton

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
    Record List
    Best Simpsons Episode Ever = Lemon of Troy

Stonecutter

Can't say I really liked it..

3/5

Oh crap, I forgot it! Damn new time... Hopefully they'll show this episode again ...soon.

dont count on it, i doubt they will.

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

Heh, I thought it was pretty great. As has been mentioned, John Redcorn was a highlight, and I was honestly surprised to see the old bag was still alive at the end of Act 2. I did expect her to the die, but the ending was fine the way it was. Very entertaining. (B+)

very unique. the episode had a dull, dawdling pace but i guess that was appropriate given the subject matter. i would have liked to have seen dale's subplot elaborate upon, however. i also agree with arlen_texas about the ending. it would have been more interesting to see how the episode progressed if she had actually died (at the bus stop) instead of taking the fake obituary route. it felt like a cop out.

it was different from anything i've seen on tv, so it gets points for originality. it was definitely lacking in the laugh department but hank's uneasiness regarding the whole issue kept me interested. b.

...Is Back Baby!!! The "Urban" Lenny's Avatar

Very intresting episode, gotta say this is probably one of the best epsisodes that king of the hill had in a while. I really liked this episode because it was completely origional and best of all it was really funny.

I enjoyed it. A bit depressing for an xmas special though, I must say. When's the next new KOTh scheduled for, by the way?
    Signature.

I heard not until February.

January 16, most likely (January 2 the Sunday night shows are pulled for a movie, and January 9 they're pre-empted for the premiere of 24).

KOTH is getting the shaft this season.

I'm a modern man

Is it just me, or if KotH had aired a few more times than it has this season, I would've liked this one less. I mean, it's a good episode, Redcorn's lines are great, and Dale's B & B idea is ok, it just doesn't have much pacing to me.
    Check out Steve's NHL Message Boards, featuring the most complete stat sheet you'll find anywhere!!
    http://stevedude530.proboards61.com

Season Rankings: 4, 3, 8, 5, 7, 2, 6, 15, 1, 15, 9, 14, 13, 10, 12, 11

"On the next Arrested Development ... Buster learns of the death of Captain Kangaroo"

Heh, good episode. All the scenes of Mrs. Wakefield trying to break into the house were hilarious. Too bad we aren't getting much new KotH this season.

4/5

Thread Information