1 2.63%
  • 1/5: Go Fuck Yourself South Park

0 0%

Thread: Rate/Review South Park 811 "Quest for Ratings"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon

Rate/Review South Park 811 "Quest for Ratings"

From SPS:

The boys of “South Park” produce their own morning news show on the school’s closed-circuit television station and are immediately caught up in the intense competition for ratings.

Discuss once the episode finishes.

Crotis Jivefunk

One of the best of the season. Seeing the return of the Goth kids and Raisins girls is always a good thing. A

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

Reminds me of Fox and their treatment of Futurama

Anyway, A.

Having that teacher want to remove Craig's balls sugircally cause he had bad ratings was a nice bit of surrealism.

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

I honestly wasn't all that impressed. I was just expecting more I guess. Beats the Wal*Mart one, but that doesn't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Hired Goon

Slow and dull in some parts, picked up steam at the end with the out-of-nowhere cough medicine story. Some funny lines thrown in there (best of the episode was the "no doubt if I was older, I'd be aroused" line). I liked the detail they put into the news broadcasts, like the hairdos, and Cartman telling Token he had to talk like a white guy. Ahh, typical Cartman. A pretty good one, but not great.

B+
    Last edited by pat; 11-18-2004 at 07:44 AM.

Doddering Old Man

5/5--Gotta love those animals close up with a wide angle lense wearing hats.

Loved it. The close-up animals would have been maybe better if they used it one last time, but overall I was happy. Loved the reference to the crab people in "South Park is Gay" being a bottom-barrel copout idea. I was expecting them to show up in some way. All the cough syrup stuff was hilarious and just seeing the kids trip out like that was hilarious and oh so wrong, like they were on shrooms or something. Almost as good as last week's up, still awesome. 4.5/5
    Signature.

Pretty good. Some nice media satire mixed with another good story about the kids. That music used during the "animals with a wide angle lense" segments were great. The clock on the set featuring the time at Casa Bonita was also a nice touch, but then I'm biased on that one (since I love it when they refer to stuff I recognize here). 4/5
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

ANIMALS! WIDE ANGLE LENS!! CLOSE UPS!!! Craig is a genius. It was a bit boring and forgettable in between news reports/animal videos. Brings back memories of working for my middle school's CCTV crew in the mornings. I love the news personas/get-ups for the kids, especially Token and his "white" way of talking. Getting wasted on cough syrup and the animals was a nice ending to the episode. 4.5/5
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Junior Camper

Thumbs Up

I really loved this episode. The whole plot worked together nicely from beginning to end and...dammit, those animals with hats were cute!

Did anyone else think that this had hints of Anchorman in it? Kyle's outfit in particular reminded me of Will's in the movie and some of the intro shots were similar to those in the movie.

Also, loved the expose on cough syrup and Token's "white" voice. In addition, the reference to crab people was great. My bf and I both noticed the similarity between them thinking of ideas and the writers thinking of ideas and we enjoyed that they poked fun at that ridiculous plot point, a la Behind the Laughter made fun of unnecessary celebrities and nonsensical plots (The Principal and the Pauper). Hilarious and not too raunchy at all. Just the way I like SP.

5/5 from me.
    "I believe that famous people have a debt to everyone. If celebrities didn't want people pawing through their garbage and saying they're gay, they shouldn't have tried to express themselves creatively."

Junior Camper

Verry good show, loved the news hair and token sounding white.
    Funny thru-out, much better then wal-mart. Triping scene was well done also, verry realistic, not that I would know...

Oh that music is most famusly from The Benny Hill show.

A very strong episode. The news show and the process of retooling was really funny. The plot moved quite smoothly as well, and I'm glad that they moved beyond having Jimmy simply be the voice of reason the entire time (since that could have been too predictable) and brought in the plot development of the cough medicine. The video of the animals was great as were the kids while influenced by drugs. The humor and story were very solid. However, I had a few problems with the fact that the plot leads you to think that Craig and Kenny were going to play a bigger role than they did, when really they only had one or two scenes and that was it. Also, the flow of the episode was stopped cold in the second act when too much time was spent simply watching the kids try to come up with a big story. This episode wasn't perfect, but it was still great. 4/5

not absolute funny, I didn't like the footages...except the dogs with hats.

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

After the third time i was getting pretty annoyed by the animals. But it was a really fun, unpredictable episode. I loved the overly helpful pharmacist, how the cough syrup trip actually became a strong plot point (rather than just a "lets get the kids high" montage), oh and i loved Cartman's pose and mannerisms through the entire cough syrup report

and we can't forget panda bear madness minute!

Meh, i wasn't impressed. There were some funny moments but it didn't really work as well as I'd thought. B-

stop happening

Not much to say besides it was pretty good and funny. The consequence craig recieved for not beating the gangs ratings was great. Really solid episode. 4.5/5
    Season rankings (best to worst)

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

Beginning sucked, last 10 minutes were good. Overall it was still the worst of the season, 3/5.

4/5. Pretty good. The teacher suspending Craig and telling him he has to have his testicles surgically removed was the funniest joke in the episode.

Did you notice?

- In the sequence of animals right before the end credits, the first dog shown seemed to have been filmed in South Park's studio, since there are South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut posters on the wall in the background of the room (you can see they're the Cartman and Kenny ones).

4/5

pretty funny episode
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Artist Formally Known As Michael Bolton

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
    Record List
    Best Simpsons Episode Ever = Lemon of Troy

...Is Back Baby!!! The "Urban" Lenny's Avatar

The episode was ok, It just seemed a little dull to me. Although the part when the kids take cough medicine to come up with ideas was pretty funny. And also the joke at the end about Craig failing the course and having his balls removed was hillarious. The begining of the show just reminded me of having to sit through morning announcements on the schools cctv. 3/5

streets ahead

Pretty solid episode although "Animals Close-Up With a Wide-Angle Lens" got pretty boring the third or fourth time. Butters was his usual great self, and the trip-out scene was one of the highlights of the episode. One more downside was that there was too much sitting around talking. Still, this wasn't the worst of the season, but it wasn't the best either. 4/5.

Junior Camper

As my brother and I were watching this, he said it reminded him of how some cable news networks, like Fox's, would sometimes make up and/or overdramatize news stories just to get ratings. Any other thoughts on this?

BTW, I think that no SP "drug-tripping" scene is complete without, say, Towelie, or maybe some Grateful Dead references, but then, that's just me. Other than that, this ep gets a 5/5 for me.

Thread Information