Page 6 of 368 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool
    No, it's Hank Azaria.
    You're right. Someone has to fix the snpp capsule for "Bart Star," which was what I checked.
    Season rankings: 4, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 15, 1, 16, 9, 14, 13, 17, 12, 10, 11

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Who does the voice of Meg in Family Guy I recognise them. And didn't the actor change?
    Moe: What are you telling us, were trapped like rats?

Russ Cargill: No, rats can't be trapped this easily, you're trapped like... carrots.

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Springfield
    Who does the voice of Meg in Family Guy I recognise them. And didn't the actor change?
    Lisa Chabert was voicing her from 1999 - 2000 and Mila Kunis from 2000 - 2002

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Lisa not Lacy?

Pin Pal

Lisa not Lacy?
    Oops sorry it is Lacey.
    Sorry about that

Pin Pal

What is the rest of the quote that CBG says when he says "we are not nerds...."

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

"We are hardly nerds. Would a nerd wear such an irreverent sweatshirt?"
    C:/DOS
    C:/DOS/RUN
    RUN/DOS/RUN

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

samsa

Can someone explain the DOS/RUN joke? not the "its funny because it's a nerd joke" explication... but why is it funny?

Hired Goon

It's like the line from "See Spot Run" (the children's book), but with DOS in place of Spot.

Its reads almost like a series of command lines in DOS (Disk Operating System). That's the joke.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

What is that Futurama ad where at the end Bender says im Bender baby ______? before that it is a James Bond spoof... Who is Dennis Miller we call that the Dennis Miller ratio - Frink

Who is Dennis Miller
    An American comedian known for long, discursive rants which typically include a number of obscure references.

samsa

Dennis Miller ratio can be explained (I think) by this:
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefdan
    Eh heh...all Dennis Miller jokes are unexplainable. That was the point. He used a lot of obscure references when telling jokes. Hardly anyone gets them, and only one in a million people would find them funny.
    Dennis Miller was a comedian in Saturday Night Live, he was th host of Weekend Update... I actually had a good laugh with him.

I cant explain the Futurama ad since I have never seen it.

Loves the Elephant Song lazee_bass_turd's Avatar

In Homer the Vigilante, in the third act where they're all lookin for a big T, what is that a parody of?

Specifically, that part where Bart is waving at the dude that says "You said this water was shallow!"?

And in The Last Temptation of Homer, after Bart paints those parking spaces, he says "And therein lies the game", to which Milhouse replies "I fear to watch, yet I cannot turn away!"...what is that from? It's extremely familiar, like outta Shakespeare or something.
    In the car: Camera Obscura - Underachievers Please Try Harder
    In the iPod: Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill
    On the PC: Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill
    I listen to indie, so naturally I'm a condescending asshole.

Bowser Basher!

The search for a big T parodied It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world, including when Bart tricks that person into driving in the stream.
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

I'm new here, and I have a question that's been bothering me for the longest time. At the beginning of a Simpsons episode, the entire school is having a spelling bee. When it's Milhouse's turn to go up, he gets an easy word and says "Oh, that's an easy one" but goes on to mispell it. What was the word, and how did he mispell it? And furthermore, what episode was it???? Sorry for making this so long, but thanks for taking the time to read it.

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

The episode is I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can from Season 14. Milhouse is asked to spell the word "choke," and he proceeds to do just that by starting with, as I recall, an "F."

Pin Pal

Who did the voice of Gabbo???

Does anybody happen to know the name of the live-action Western clip used in the intro to "Treehouse of Horror V" (which is supposedly from the fictional "1947 Glen Ford classic 200 Miles to Oregon")? My guess is they picked out some stock footage that had fallen into the public domain. But I don't know the actual source film, and there's no mention in the credits, the SNPP capsule, or the TV Tome page.

Perhaps Roger Myers III can help on this one?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by lazee_bass_turd
    In Homer the Vigilante, in the third act where they're all lookin for a big T, what is that a parody of?

Specifically, that part where Bart is waving at the dude that says "You said this water was shallow!"?

And in The Last Temptation of Homer, after Bart paints those parking spaces, he says "And therein lies the game", to which Milhouse replies "I fear to watch, yet I cannot turn away!"...what is that from? It's extremely familiar, like outta Shakespeare or something.
    In response to your second question, the character is Otto Meyer in the movie. He was played by Phil Silvers and the scene is identical to one found in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. There are other characters represented in the episode that are from the movie, but I cannot identify all of them.
    "I believe that famous people have a debt to everyone. If celebrities didn't want people pawing through their garbage and saying they're gay, they shouldn't have tried to express themselves creatively."

Free nosejobs for everybody

In the episode Weekend At Burnsies, what is the name of the music being played in the background when Homer is stoned; specifically the part where he is shaving and raindows pour out of his face instead of blood. I really like this tune, just wondered if anyone knew it's name?

the two used:

Incense and Peppermints, Strawberry Alarm Clock, 1967
    Wear Your Love Like Heaven, Donovan, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by jesle
    In response to your second question, the character is Otto Meyer in the movie. He was played by Phil Silvers and the scene is identical to one found in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. There are other characters represented in the episode that are from the movie, but I cannot identify all of them.
    The others portrayed are Buddy Hackett and Sid Caesar's characters. Plus, quite a few OFF characters were 'in place of' characters in the film - i.e. Patty & Barney in the biplane were 'imitating' Ethel Merman and Jim Backus (fittingly, as a drunk pilot).

Great instincts, Hydro - the "western" footage was just stock footage from Fox's archives.

Free nosejobs for everybody

Anyone is a fan of that episode should definately go and watch Its a Mad Mad.. World if they have not already seen it, Like Roger Myers III said, there are many scenes that have copied (lovingly, of course). Also, the scene where the hole is being dug, along side the many simpson characters is a few of the MMMM-World characters, including (my favourite) the big fat guy holding a shovel (I think), he's wearing a white fat man hat. That character was awesome in the movie, dim witted and talked funny.

By the way, the man who drowns in the car, the "You told me the stream was shallow" guy, someone said the actor was called Phil Silvers, wasn't he the actor who played Sgt Bilco? I'm pretty sure it's the same bloke.

I like how in the episode, behind the big T is the big W! Awesome, they should'a dug that up!

PS Thanks mcstink, for naming the song for me! I'd never of found that out otherwise.

WTH'S MY GRILLED CHEESE?!

In The Way We Weren't, Marge says "Now I should warn you kids, this part of the story is a little 'WB'"
    What does she mean by that? What does WB stand for??
    Last edited by M Prower; 10-23-2004 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M Prower
    In The Way We Weren't, Marge says "Now I should warn you kids, this part of the story is a little 'WB'"
    What does she mean by that? What does WB stand for??
    The entertainment/media company Time-Warner started their own network in the U.S. a few years ago, the Warner Brothers Network - which is called the "WB" for short (a la ABC, CBS, NBC, and another smaller start-up, UPN). The WB is best-known these days for the type of young-persons' soap operas which have been its biggest ratings' successes - like "Dawson's Creek". They're shows that prominently feature young kids & teens gettin' down - so Marge is warning her kids that there's gonna be some romance and kissing in her story.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Theres another joke where in Old Yeller Belly, Marge says SLH's previous racetrack guy owner exploits his pets more than ____?

And anyone in Australia who watches Fox8 about that Bender quote. It is a James Bond spoof and then at the end right after he holds up the applause sign he says I'm Bender baby please ______?

Is there another reference to MMMM world, which I think is on Foxtel today but I don't have that channel, where you mentioned some fat guy wearing a hat the one where Homer gets really obese and Lisa yells down to him what are you doing in the laundry he says washing my fat guy hat honey.
    Last edited by Miss Springfield; 10-22-2004 at 06:39 PM.

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

Does anyone know specifically were the Hellfish bonanza was? Was that Springfield Harbor or some other place?

jennifer

/
    Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Thread Information