Besides any syntactic analyze, "Pura Vida" is an expression done used in Costa Rica which means that everything is okay. Also, the title is a pun with a song of Ricky Martin called "Livin' La Vida Loca".

I'm not sure about rules, but while you can't say "Viviendo la loca vida" you could say both "Viviendo la pura vida" and "Viviendo la vida pura", although the first one sounds better.
    SEASON 32 A - RATINGS

I, Carumbus - 5/5 / Podcast News - 4/5
    The Road to Cincinnati - 4/5 / A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas - 3/5
    The Dad-Feeling Limited - 5/5 / Wad Goals - 4/5 / Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitar? - 3/5
    Uncut Femmes - 5/5 / Panic on the Streets of Springfield - 3/5 / The Last Barfighter - 5/5

SEASON 32 B - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - 3/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 2/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5
    The Seven Beer Itch - 1/5 / Three Dreams Denied - 2/5 / Sorry Not Sorry - 4/5
    Diary Queen - 3/5 / Yokel Hero - 1/5
    Manger Things - 2/5 / Burger Kings - 2/5 / Mother and Child Reunion - 4/5 / The Man from G.R.A.M.P.A. - 3/5

Blog Entries

@Szyslak100, Thank you
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 02/03/21):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Marge and Homer Turn a Couple Play 18. 24 Minutes/Treehouse of Horror XVII 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Treehouse of Horror XIX 21. Chief of Hearts/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/The Kid Is All Right 26. Bart’s New Friend/Bull-E 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. Looking for Mr. Goodbart/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/No Good Read Goes Unpunished 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. The Way of the Dog/The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 12 > 20 > 21 > 10 > 27 > 17 > 24 > 15 > 18 > 13 > 26 > 14 > 29 > 19 > 31 > 25 > 28 > 30 > 16 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Why the hell is "Brick Like Me" regularly considered one of the better HD-era episodes when it's just a commercial for the recently-launched LEGO Simpsons range?

On the other side, I've always suspected the majority of the episode (excluding the "real Springfield" bits) was animated by the team responsible for the animated tie-in shows to mechanise-driven LEGO brands, which makes sense.

Gonna explode Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It may be an advertisement, but it’s a good, well-executed episode. A Star is Burns was an advertisement for The Critic, and that was a good episode too.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

It's a bit of a novelty episode but then it knew what it was doing and just had fun with the idea. Though speaking of, it is a bit funny how everyone looked more like standard lego characters than the heads they went for in the actual merch line... I wouldn't have minded more parts to that tbh.

Remorseless eating machine Sorny's Avatar

Happy montage music?

Hi all,

This has been bugging me for so long, but I can only now pinpoint a moment in an episode in which it appears so I thought I might ask here in case someone knows.. Can anyone ID the recurring jaunty instrumental theme that plays during happy/playful montages? It plays very briefly in 'Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore' when Bart and Lisa are out riding their bikes after Homer gets drunk from the Twinkie, but I know that there are instances where it plays for much longer and features a very 70s sounding flute. If someone knows other scenes/episodes it appears in that would also be appreciated!

Blog Entries

Hi No Homers,
    I am just wondering does anyone know the scene in a Simpsons episode where a character leaves quickly?
    You don’t see the character leaving but instead you hear a series of sounds in a row, that is, the sound of them closing a door, starting a car and then driving away etc.

Blog Entries

There are a lot of episodes with that happening. You’ll have to be more specific.

Blog Entries

Maybe he's thinking of the Krusty one in Homie the Clown, S6? That's the one that comes to mind first.

Blog Entries

I was thinking of Hutz in Treehouse of Horror IV.

The first one that I reminded was the one of Leonard Nimoy in The Springfield Files. They really used too many times that joke.

Quote Originally Posted by nhensey View Post
    Hi No Homers,
    I am just wondering does anyone know the scene in a Simpsons episode where a character leaves quickly?
    You don’t see the character leaving but instead you hear a series of sounds in a row, that is, the sound of them closing a door, starting a car and then driving away etc.
    He posted that in the blog too and I answered there. I'm just pasting my answers here:

Probably you're talking about a scene in "I Love Lisa."
    Homer goes to the kitchen for breakfast and realizes it's Valentine's Day. The kids ask what he bought Marge and he says nobody cares about Valentine's. Right then, they see Ned dressed in a heart costume playing a romantic parody of Rod Stewart's "If You Think I'm Sexy" for Maud in their window.
    Homer then gets up and says Marge's gift is "upstairs." He leaves the kitchen quickly and then we just hear the sequence of bumps sounds and noises you said, the last one being the car starting and leaving. He went to Kwik-e-Mart to buy Marge a box of chocolate.
    Just making a small correction... there's no car-starting sound in the scene.
    This happens in "Life on the Fast Lane", from season 1, a scene that uses the same logic. It's Marge's birthday and the kids wake her with a breakfast in bed. Homer had forgotten and when the kids ask what he bought her, he says he will give it by night at the dinner and says he's going for a walk outside. Then we just hear sounds of quick footsteps, the door slamming and the car starting.

So there are two scenes with this routine, check which one you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    The first one that I reminded was the one of Leonard Nimoy in The Springfield Files. They really used too many times that joke.
    Yeah, for a long time that was one of their signature running gags. I think the first time they did it was in "Life on the Fast Lane" when Homer rushes out to get Marge a birthday present. And almost every time, you heard that same "car skidding" sound effect when the character drives away. They began doing it less and less throughout the 2000s, and now they do it very rarely.
    The ultimate instance of that joke would have to be Krusty leaving to "use the bathroom" in "Homie the Clown," where we hear Krusty attempt to escape out the bathroom window before he's finally able to drive away, followed by the sound of him flying over in a jet. (It especially sounds good on a 5.1 surround system!) And then after the jet sound, Legs tells Fat Tony, "When he's done in there, I gotta go."

Hi,

Does anybody know what’s written on the pink building behind the statue of Jebediah Springfield in the opening credits ? I can’t make it out. 65BC0EC5-4B6C-48C6-8724-1CFCD0213668.jpg

Blog Entries

I think it says "Scoops", which makes sense with the ice cream cone there. I pulled up an episode on D+ on my phone to try and tell but that last letter is still hard to read.
    Fuck Joe Biden. #NotMyPresident

Quote Originally Posted by Two-Bit View Post
    I think it says "Scoops", which makes sense with the ice cream cone there. I pulled up an episode on D+ on my phone to try and tell but that last letter is still hard to read.
    Thanks, I hadn’t paid attention to the cone, that makes sense.

Blog Entries

In Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, a cop and a guy in the bathroom act as though Homer is a celebrity. “Sorry sir, I didn’t know it was you,” and “Wow, what are you doing here?” I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    In Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, a cop and a guy in the bathroom act as though Homer is a celebrity. "Sorry sir, I didn't know it was you" and "Wow, what are you doing here" I don't get it.
    They were confusing Homer with Herb.

Blog Entries

Oh, I thought there was more to it than that. Thanks!

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I’m wondering if you ever received a response to this question. I ask because I have the same memory but can’t find the episode!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolb View Post
    I’m wondering if you ever received a response to this question. I ask because I have the same memory but can’t find the episode!!
    To what question??

Can you help me find this image of Homer's eyes?

I have a memory of Homer finally realising something, and his eyes separate slightly as he glazes over and the penny drops.

Have I made this up?? Or can you help me find an image or GIF of it, or identify when this might have happened?

Driving me nuts.

Thanks!

<tt>
    This has taken me nearly three decades, but i recently realized what happened to Mrs Krabappel because Bart replaced her birth control pills with Tic-Tacs. She got _pregnant_ and in the early nineties she would have needed an abortion.
    </tt>

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Viva Ned Flanders.
    Oh super! Thank you very much for your answer! I also looked for the answer to this question, and could not remember! Thanks for help)

Hello
    I have a very big favor to ask y'all. I have a competition coming up where I would like to have an outfit made that looks like one of the characters on the show. Problem is I can't find the episode.
    As I remember, the character was a well built man who was wearing a crop top (having his abs shown) Christmas sweater. If I'm correct, the episodes premise was Homer getting a new job opportunity and having to move to a nice clean town. And the man that was wearing the crop top christmas sweater was charming and intelligent, and the kids kind of were expressing feelings that he would be a better father figure than Homer. This might be incorrect, but that is what I seem to recall about the episode. All I remember for sure is the characters outfit and well built physique. The outfit was worn only for a short scene and if my memory serves me well, he was raking leaves or doing something outside the house. I also believe it should be one of the episodes from season 20 and above. Again besides the looks, I might be remembering something else.

Will be very grateful if anyone recalls what I'm talking about!

Blog Entries

I believe the episode you’re thinking of is “The Changing of the Guardian” from season 24.

homeryellingpart44591b.png
    Thank you so much!
    Yes, that is the episode!!!

Okay so before anybody tells me that I'm completely overanalyzing things (or, far more likely, that a wizard did it), I was curious about the ending of Treehouse of Horror II. Obviously Halloween specials are non-canon, but someone pointed out that the twist at the end (that Homer's nightmare isn't a dream at all) is foreshadowed at the beginning - the transition to Lisa and Bart's nightmares are dreamy sort of crossfade, while Homer's just cuts straight to the plant. When Marge asks Homer why he woke up screaming, he straight-up tells her that he did not have a nightmare, Bart just bit him.

So assuming that in this story the events of Homer's 'nightmare' actually occurred... when did they take place? The whole family was asleep in the same bed as a result of the nightmares, is there actually any time when Homer's brain removal and the following events could have taken place?

Again, I know I'm reading too much into it, I'm bored and this thought exercise is just for fun

Do you guys know...?

When Homer leaves Moe's tavern, his friends stays in state of "AFK", until Homer comes back... Like they turn off... (Sorry for my english I speak spanish hehe)

Which episode is?

If you could rewrite any Simpsons episode(s), which would it be? How would you change it/them?

Thread Information