Page 3 of 368 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
    Bowser Basher!

I don't understand something in Mr Spritz goes to Washington. After watching the 3 stooges, Homer says "Droll.", then JOE MILLIONAIRE- FOX appears. Is it a joke? If yes, I don't get it.
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

In the United States, many episodes (of all FOX's shows) have annoying digitally-added promos for shows like Joe Millionaire which streak across the screen like that. They usually come at the start of the show. The joke is that Homer actually sees the promo, and eats it. Not exactly hilarious, but there you go.
    Season rankings: 4, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 15, 1, 16, 9, 14, 13, 17, 12, 10, 11

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Why does joining the naval reserve remind someone of The Deer Hunter?
    Moe: What are you telling us, were trapped like rats?

Russ Cargill: No, rats can't be trapped this easily, you're trapped like... carrots.

My bad. Thanks ChiefDan! Same reasoning, but with Moe. (Yes, I know Moe 'reads' to kids at the soup kitchen - but it was a one-ep 'against-character' joke.)

The "You'll know" line leaves the anticipated mess entirely up to the viewers' imagination. (Since when are bowling lanes 'covered with a lot of oil'?)

WTH'S MY GRILLED CHEESE?!

I'm sorry if this joke is really obvious, but...in Bart Gets an Elephant, Homer runs over a deer (or was it just a statue of a deer? I don't remember) and then it goes like this;
    Homer: D'oh!
    Lisa: A deer!
    Marge: A female deer!

Anyone care to explain that one to me?

pretty rad

It's a takeoff of 'Doe, a deer, a female deer...', which is a line in the Do Re Mi song in The Sound of Music.

Entire song: http://www.esl-lounge.com/songs/song-do-re-mi.shtml
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Myers III
    The "You'll know" line leaves the anticipated mess entirely up to the viewers' imagination. (Since when are bowling lanes 'covered with a lot of oil'?)
    Personal experience.

Really? Cool - I had absolutely no idea. How is it used? (To 'treat' wood lanes? To make a really slick surface?)

How long has Burns been running the SNPP?

I'm looking for anyone who can give me the exact quote from "C.E.D'oh" (EABF10) where he tells Homer how long he's been running the plant in both old english and the "new vernacular".

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Myers III
    Really? Cool - I had absolutely no idea. How is it used? (To 'treat' wood lanes? To make a really slick surface?)
    Slicken the surface I believe, whatever they put on the lane surface is used to make the ball go downlane faster.
    Probably should have been more clearer in my previous post, but in the several times I've gone bowling, once I accidentally fell forward on my hands in the lane, and the end result was that it ended up somewhat messed up. So yeah, I'm answering this mainly on a personal experience.

Pin Pal

Does any1 remember Homer's email from the episode where Lisa thinks he's a bad father and Homer hires that agent guy to find info about her??

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

In Treehouse of Horror XIV, why is Ned Flanders so surprised to have seen Confucius and Milton Berle in heaven?

Neither Berle nor Confucius were Christian.

In the film "The Deer Hunter," three childhood friends from the same town enlisted and were sent to Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    ...once I accidentally fell forward on my hands in the lane, and the end result was that it ended up somewhat messed up. So yeah, I'm answering this mainly on a personal experience.
    That's pretty funny - by "personal experience" I assumed you meant that you had once achieved Homer's dream of being a pin jockey, not that you had once fallen down in the lane!

Pin Pal

Does any1 know what the title of the episode is when the guy sings "They'll never stop The Simpsons"?? And does any1 know the lyrics???

pretty rad

Gump Roast was the episode name. And these are the lyrics:

Ullman shorts
    Christmas show
    Marge's fling
    Homer's bro

Bart in well
    Flanders fails
    Whacking snakes
    Monorail

Mr. Plow
    Homer's face
    Sideshow Bob
    Steps on rakes

Lisa's future
    Selma's hubby
    Marge not proud
    Homer chubby

Homer worries Bart is gay
    Poochie, U2, NRA
    Hippies, Vegas, and Japan
    Octupulets and Bart's boy band

Marge murmurs
    Maude croaks
    Lisa Buddhist
    Homer tokes

Maggie blows Burns away
    What else do I have to say?!

They'll never stop 'The Simpsons'
    Have no fears
    We got stories for years
    Like...

Marge becomes a robot
    Maybe Moe gets a cell phone
    Has Bart ever owned a bear
    Or...

How 'bout a crazy wedding
    Where something happens and do-do-do-do-do
    Sorry for the clip show

Have no fears
    We got stories for years...

Crotis Jivefunk

Which episode does Marge do a head count by saying spikey, twinky, twinky, baldy?

"Old Yeller Belly." And I think she said "Where's Baldy?" b/c Homer was trapped in the burning treehouse. Also, she counts herself and says "Stylish."

stanford, bitches (bitches referring to the bitches at stanford, not you)

It went: "Spikey, Pointy, Pointy, Stylish...where's Baldy?"

Sax song

What was the sax song Lissa played when bleeding gums murphy died?
    "Did George Bush quit when he lost the popular vote? No. Did he quit when he lost a bunch of money running his father's friend's oil company? No. Did he quit when he had sex with that woman? No. And did he quit when he got a DWI after getting drunk at that football game? Absolutely not."
    - Peter Griffin, Family Guy

"Jazzman", by Carole King.
    The lyrics are here: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Car...g/Jazzman.html

pretty rad

If you're referring to the song she played at the end of the episode... it's Jazzman, originally performed by Carole King.

edit: heh

Junior Camper

I was just watching the promo extra on the season four DVD and saw a clip of bart in class showing a film of Snowball's birth.
    Which episode is this from?

"Lisa's Substitute", season 2.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

What is twinky (I am assuming she is talking about Lisa and Maggie but how do they resemble twinkies?)

She doesn't say Twinky, she says pointy.

Quote Originally Posted by PsycheEnFuego
    If you're referring to the song she played at the end of the episode... it's Jazzman, originally performed by Carole King.

edit: heh
    I don't think it was Jazzman cause Jazzman was teh fast song I'm talking about the slow sad one that she played unless jazzman has a slow part I haven't heard yet

Crotis Jivefunk

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro
    She doesn't say Twinky, she says pointy.
    I've only seen the episode once. I got it confused with Homer's line about twinkies and ding dongs in "A Star is Born, Again," another episode I've only seen once.

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

I don't have the original airing of Alone Again, Natura-Diddly on tape, but I seem to remember Ian Maxtone-Graham's writing credit appearing twice, once as a normal credit, and again in the super big text for the joke. I watched the episode in syndication recently, and the credits were timed so that the big writing credit was the only one. Was this a change, or am I wrong about there being a double credit the first time?

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

I think you may be mistaken about that one as I've only ever seen it with the writer's credit in the huge typeface.

Thread Information