Page 12 of 369 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

In Treehouse of Horror VIII, SNPP has Homer's line as "Maybe a little friendly punching will move your tail", and if I remember correctly on my downloaded copy he says that as well, but I've seen copies where "tail" has been replaced with "ass"... any specfic reason why? It's not like any channel would substitute the word "tail" with a "naughty word"? So, I assume FOX did something with the original copy (which I presume said "ass") after it's premiere, or when it went into syndication, so Global copy's wouldn't be effected. But, the real question is "why?", the Simpsons have said "ass" at least 50 times before the episode, so why substitute this one? Could someone please clear this up...

The Third Man Snake_aka_Jailbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    In Treehouse of Horror VIII, SNPP has Homer's line as "Maybe a little friendly punching will move your tail", and if I remember correctly on my downloaded copy he says that as well, but I've seen copies where "tail" has been replaced with "ass"... any specfic reason why? It's not like any channel would substitute the word "tail" with a "naughty word"? So, I assume FOX did something with the original copy (which I presume said "ass") after it's premiere, or when it went into syndication, so Global copy's wouldn't be effected. But, the real question is "why?", the Simpsons have said "ass" at least 50 times before the episode, so why substitute this one? Could someone please clear this up...
    Maybe the episode already had so many lines that hardly passed the censor, because I've always thought that you can have a number of dirty words, if there's more swearing or whatever they have to take away or change a few lines... So basicly, you can have the word ass in the episode, but not to many times...

Reading this post is an offer you can't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_aka_Jailbird
    Maybe the episode already had so many lines that hardly passed the censor, because I've always thought that you can have a number of dirty words, if there's more swearing or whatever they have to take away or change a few lines... So basicly, you can have the word ass in the episode, but not to many times...
    But, if that was the problem, it would've been removed & redubbed before the FOX premiere, so why would any other copies have the word "ass" intact. And to be honest, the word wasn't said much in the episode either, in fact I think that may have actually been the only use of it...

In You Only Move Twice, there is that whole bit about the Hammock's (sp?) in the Hammock District...

I always laughed but never understood if this a reference to anything or is there an inside joke I don't get?
    Heckling a Puppet show.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

just that homer couldnt find any but theres a whole district he even went to once
    Moe: What are you telling us, were trapped like rats?

Russ Cargill: No, rats can't be trapped this easily, you're trapped like... carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy
    In You Only Move Twice, there is that whole bit about the Hammock's (sp?) in the Hammock District... I always laughed but never understood if this a reference to anything or is there an inside joke I don't get?
    Its not a specific reference or an inside joke - so you probably completely "get it". Hank is excitedly encouraging, in his character's manner, even the 'stupidest' ideas from his executive. And despite his modest "Why didn't I think of that?" - he has provided for hammocks in his own "perfect" pre-planned company-town. And not just with one store that happens to provide hammocks, but with 3 (or more?) hammock-centric stores, which even have their own "district" in town - and even Homer is aware of this. (He does provide for lots of "leisure" and "comfort" in this town, we see, being the boss that he is.

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

"God, please give your daughter, the tooth fairy, the strengh to carry my cash; and the intergrity not to dip her wand in the till."

Can someone please explain this?

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

A till is the money tray in a cash register. In other words, it's a request that the tooth fairy not steal the money she's collecting from children.

samsa

what does DOA and CEE in Duffless stand for?

like kissin' a peanut

Quote Originally Posted by samsa
    what does DOA and CEE in Duffless stand for?
    DOA = dead on arrival

I don't remember CEE in that episode.

jennifer

/
    Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Bowser Basher!

CEE isn't in Duffless, Wiggum says DOA and DUI (I think) but I'm certain he doesn't say CEE
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

never mind.
    Last edited by Butters; 12-15-2004 at 10:19 AM.

In "Moe Baby Blues", Krusty exclaims, "That smells worse than James Coco's ski boots!"

Who is James Coco and what is with his ski boots?

A now-deceased broadway & film comic actor, known for being grossly overweight. Ski boots really smell awful after much use. It's not any kind of specific reference - just the kind of 'shmoozy' reference Krusty would make, since he 'hangs out' with Hollywood types on vacation.

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

He's also the guy who "went mad after 15 minutes" of constantly scarfing donuts in Hell, unlike Homer, in THOH IV.

samsa

Quote Originally Posted by dansam
    CEE isn't in Duffless, Wiggum says DOA and DUI (I think) but I'm certain he doesn't say CEE
    My mistake. well, what does the second one means?

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

DUI means driving under the influence(of drugs or alcohol). DWI means driving while intoxicated.
    Last edited by Bill Murray in 'Scrooged'; 12-15-2004 at 10:18 PM.

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

nightmare ridicule

Which episode is it that Moe pulls a shotgun on Homer and asks him for his pants then says something to the effect of "yeah I rob people now"

Basically a Jazz Purist Miguel Sanchez's Avatar

The Parent Rap

in which episode is this scene
    Marge:lisa run like the wind
    lisa:mom its wind
    Marge:they bspell it the same in book
    then sum wacky music comes on an every1 starts running all round the house

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Treehouse of Horror XIV in the first segment, Reaper Madness.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

What episode is it when Bart chews the dry wall?
    Last edited by mr. broom; 12-19-2004 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Springfield
    What episode is it when Bart chews the dry wall?
    "Homer vs. Patty & Selma"
    Season rankings: 4, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 15, 1, 16, 9, 14, 13, 17, 12, 10, 11

i
    Last edited by paul auster; 06-29-2008 at 06:04 PM.

pretty rad

Not David Crosby, but show writer John Swartzwelder. He's known to be one of the more eccentric ones on the writing staff.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

i believe it is supposed to be john swartzwelder. you can also see ms. botz and jay sherman

samsa

what's the name of the song playing in Homer's fantasy in "The Way We Weren't"?

Crotis Jivefunk

"So Happy Together" by the Turtles
    http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=43169

i dont get it at the end of she used to be my girl when marge imagines what would happen if she became a gernolist

Thread Information