Page 11 of 368 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

The Mansion Family.

The Third Man Snake_aka_Jailbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Cauldron
    The many spinning newspaper sequences we see on the show - are they an homage to a particular film? I have a feeling it's Citizen Kane, but as I haven't actually seen the film, I can't be sure. Can anyone confirm?
    First of all, I recommend Citizen Cane, second of all...no, the spinnig
    news paper-thing is a classic and has been used in many TV series as well as movies, I'd like to know who came up with it though.

Reading this post is an offer you can't refuse.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

what is with the blue man group and why is homer always on about it like in trilogy of error? I have seen blue man group but what is with it ?
    Moe: What are you telling us, were trapped like rats?

Russ Cargill: No, rats can't be trapped this easily, you're trapped like... carrots.

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

The joke is that we have no idea what Homer's problem is with them--his strong animosity toward the avant-garde music group seems to be entirely out of left field.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

maybe just cos he was drunk - would you really call it a musical group

Hello there.
    In the episode (forgot it's name) where Homer works in the bowlerama, and he's watching how the pins are made and stuff, what is the music that is playing in the background? I've heard it many times, particularely in looney toons, but I've never found the name of the song. I've checked snpp, and they said it's "powerhouse" but I've d/l that song and it ain't it.

WTH'S MY GRILLED CHEESE?!

Okay, an odd scene in Bart on the Road...

Bart: "...we're not going to a grammar rodeo! That was just an alibi, Milton!"
    Milhouse: (correcting him) ...Martin...
    Bart: "...Martin."

I just totally don't get that bit at all. Why does Bart get Martin's name wrong? Maybe Nancy Cartwright did this accidentally during recording and they kept it in as in-joke?

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord autumn bottom
    Hello there.
    In the episode (forgot it's name) where Homer works in the bowlerama, and he's watching how the pins are made and stuff, what is the music that is playing in the background? I've heard it many times, particularely in looney toons, but I've never found the name of the song. I've checked snpp, and they said it's "powerhouse" but I've d/l that song and it ain't it.
    SNPP is correct.

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

Area Man

I think that error is because Bart is so used to getting annoyed at Milhouse, it's become a relex action, hence the confusion between/fusion of the two names - along the lines of Marge shouting "Bart, noooo!" at Lisa in "Lisa the Vegetarian". I think SNPP says something to this effect too.

Hello!

Does anyone have a still/image of Mr Burns chucking fish guts over the crowd and yelling "Merry Fishmas"? I want to use it on a Christmas card!

Thanks!

Now 40% Quainter! BroadStreetBully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M Prower

I just totally don't get that bit at all. Why does Bart get Martin's name wrong? Maybe Nancy Cartwright did this accidentally during recording and they kept it in as in-joke?
    It's a way of pointing out that Bart doesn't like or care about Martin, that he's just using him for the money he made earlier in the episode.
    BroadStreetBully
    That's my name. Well, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen
    Hello!

Does anyone have a still/image of Mr Burns chucking fish guts over the crowd and yelling "Merry Fishmas"? I want to use it on a Christmas card!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Murray in 'Scrooged'
    SNPP is correct.
    So they are. Maybe I should hear the whole song through next time :laugh:

Another question,
    In the episode where bart get's a bigger brother, Tom,
    what movie/show is parodied when bart gets home and homer's like
    "You've been out galavanting with that floozy of a bigger brother of yours, haven't you? haven't you!? Look at me!"

Hello there.
    Its easy to miss "Powerhouse" in a search - the piece was written by Raymond Scott in 1943, and later incorporated by orchestrator Carl Stallings in many, many Looney Tunes scores. Search for it with "Raymond Scott" and/or "Warner Brothers cartoons" and you'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by M Prower
    The joke is that Bart, when driving the car, has assumed the "father" role, and blithley screws up one of "the kid's" names - the name of the boy in the car that he has the most disdain and least friendship with. Nancy did not screw up the line.

Another question,
    In the episode where bart get's a bigger brother, Tom,
    what movie/show is parodied when bart gets home and homer's like
    "You've been out galavanting with that floozy of a bigger brother of yours, haven't you? haven't you!? Look at me!"
    Its a parody of a Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor argument in Mike Nichol's "Who's Afraid of Viginia Woolf, a film filled with many such exchanges.

And welcome to the board!!
    Last edited by Roger Myers III; 12-07-2004 at 04:03 AM.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Wow we have had that question about cat on a hot tin roof so many times... I have a question about music, what is the song that is played in Burns Verkafen Kraftwerk, however you spell it when Homer goes into the land of chocolate.

Recently, I saw someone on this board mention that Sideshow Bob once said "You smarmy little bastard.", since I live in the UK and the word is always removed, could someone tell me which episode the line comes from? Extra "cool" points for anyone who can tell me at which moment it comes in the episode.

Bowser Basher!

Miss Springfield- That music was made by Alf Clausen, I think. So it's not a song by any band.
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    Recently, I saw someone on this board mention that Sideshow Bob once said "You smarmy little bastard.", since I live in the UK and the word is always removed, could someone tell me which episode the line comes from? Extra "cool" points for anyone who can tell me at which moment it comes in the episode.
    Sideshow Bob Roberts. He says it in the courtroom scene, I forget exactly when, but I think it's just before Bart says "We want the truth!"

And they always remove "bastard?" So what do they do when Bart sings "Bastard, bastard, bastard, bastard" in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Quote Originally Posted by Larson Something
    And they always remove "bastard?" So what do they do when Bart sings "Bastard, bastard, bastard, bastard" in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
    When they aired "Oh Brother," in the UK, they left Bart's Bastard song unedited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    When they aired "Oh Brother," in the UK, they left Bart's Bastard song unedited.
    Although, SkyOne did remove Homer's later comment about Herb being a bastard. Other than Bart's song, SkyOne indeed do remove all uses of the word "Bastard". Eh, I suppose it's still slightly better than the over-the-top syndication cuts Seasons 1-8 got over in the US...

Anyway, while I've got a post that (hopefully) won't be deleted because of off-topicness, I'd like to say a big thanks to Larson Something for answering my question.

Pin Pal

Does anyone know what episode it is when Homer and the family go to Florida for Spring Break and he hits and alligator and they run away. I think its called Kill The Alligator And Run but im not sure.

Thanks to anyone who answers my question.

You're right

I gots another question!
    In that episode where bart gets hooked on focusin, Nelson complaments bart while he's in the tank, and bart replies with "Praise from ceasar"
    and Nelson goes "Huh?!"

I don't get it..... =(

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Well he was a powerful ruler and important figure so is Nelson to Bart being older and even more of a trouble maker Bart would aspire to being like Nelson however Nelson has no idea who Ceasar is....

"Praise from Caesar" is a very, very old phrase. It means you are being praised by someone who excels at, or is in a lofty position within, the field in which you are making an effort.

In Bart's case, this would be the field of "destruction" and/or "troublemaking", at which Nelson excels.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

In the cat burglar one why does Homer ask Jimbo to swing a sack of door knobs and he says to supply his own door knobs?

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Springfield
    In the cat burglar one why does Homer ask Jimbo to swing a sack of door knobs and he says to supply his own door knobs?
    Homer asks him if he can swing a sack full of door knobs. He wants to know if Jimbo can beat someone with a sack full of door knobs. He tells him he has to supply his own door knobs because he's cheap.

Pin Pal

In (forget the simpsons episode name) what does Bart say? its along the lines of "Chillin killin bit of illin"

I've got the end of a quote in my head and can't remember the beginning, episode or context. Homer's talking to Marge and at the end of his rant he says "That rhymes Marge and you know it rhymes. Admit it."

Help

jennifer

/
    Last edited by jennifer; 08-01-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Thread Information