Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cast member Russi Taylor has Died

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Cast member Russi Taylor has Died

I don't know if anyone else posted this yet

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...or-dies-at-75/

Disney Legend Russi Taylor Dies at 75
    Acclaimed voice actor and Disney Legend Russi Taylor passed away in Glendale, California, on July 26, 2019. She was 75.

Through countless effervescent performances, Russi always showed an incredible talent for entertaining and improvisation. While she brought to life an illustrious cast of beloved characters during a career that spanned nearly four decades, Russi is best known as the official voice of Minnie Mouse. She first assumed the role more than 30 years ago and has given voice to Minnie in hundreds of Disney projects—from television, to theme park experiences, animated shorts, and theatrical films—no performance was too tough for Russi’s accomplished take on the divine Miss Minnie Mouse.

“Minnie Mouse lost her voice with the passing of Russi Taylor,” said Bob Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “For more than 30 years, Minnie and Russi worked together to entertain millions around the world—a partnership that made Minnie a global icon and Russi a Disney Legend beloved by fans everywhere. We’re so grateful for Russi’s talent as well as the tremendous spirit and great joy she brought to everything she did. It was a privilege to have known her and an honor to have worked with her, and we take comfort in the knowledge that her work will continue to entertain and inspire for generations to come. Russi will be sorely missed and our hearts go out to her family and friends, along with our deepest condolences.”

Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on May 4, 1944, Russi had a desire to work for Disney since childhood. “When I was a little girl, I was with my mom and my brother, and it was late at night at Disneyland. We had just come off the Mark Twain Riverboat and were getting some popcorn. I looked over and saw Walt sitting on a bench, so we introduced ourselves and shared our popcorn with him. At one point during our chat, he asked me what I wanted to do when I grow up, and I said, ‘I want to work for you!’ So he said, ‘Okay!’—and now I do!”

There were some very big yellow heels to fill when she beat out 200 other hopefuls during a 1986 audition to win the coveted role of Minnie Mouse. She would go on to voice Minnie in the films Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Runaway Brain, Get a Horse!, and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, as well as several television series, including Mickey MouseWorks, House of Mouse, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey and the Roadster Racers, and the award-winning Mickey Mouse shorts series for Disney Channel from Disney Television Animation that debuted in 2013.

“Russi was as close as family; as wonderful, funny, and sweet as Minnie Mouse, and as talented yet humble as you would expect,” said Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy and a longtime friend of Russi. “I will deeply and dearly miss her.”

“You have to bring yourself to a character,” Russi once observed. “But because of this particular character, she actually enhances who I am, she really does. In a sense Minnie makes me better than I was before ’cause there’s a lot to live up to.”

Russi found her real-life Mickey in the mid-1980s in the form of Wayne Allwine, who had voiced Mickey Mouse since 1977. The pair fell deeply in love and married in 1991, remaining as inseparable as their animated counterparts until Wayne’s passing in 2009. “I really want whoever comes after us to be aware of the history and the tradition, and to love the characters as much as we do,” she said of herself and Wayne.

“Russi Taylor embodied the character of Minnie Mouse,” remembers Rick Dempsey, Senior Vice President, Disney Character Voices. “She truly was one of the kindest, most gracious, upbeat, and loving people I have ever had the privilege to work with and to count as a friend. Anytime anyone met Russi, their day would always get just a little bit brighter. Not only was she amazingly talented and gifted, but she had a true desire to make the world a better place with the gifts she was blessed with. The world has a lost a real treasure. She will truly be missed, but her voice will live on.”

Russi’s other Disney voices have included Nurse Mouse in The Rescuers Down Under, as well as Donald’s mischievous nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and their friend Webbigail Vanderquack in the original DuckTales animated series. She also lent her voice to roles on other classic TV animated series like TaleSpin, The Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, and Kim Possible; as well as modern favorites that include Sofia the First, The Lion Guard, and Tangled: The Series.

Among the most famous roles on Russi’s impressive extended resume of credits are Strawberry Shortcake, Baby Gonzo (of Muppet Babies fame), Pebbles Flintstone, Duchess the Cat in the film Babe, and Ferny Toro in Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks. She also provided the voice of Martin Prince and the twins, Sherri and Terri, on more than 100 episodes of The Simpsons, as well as the blockbuster feature The Simpsons Movie.

“I never wanted to be famous,” she once said. “The characters I do are famous, and that’s fine for me.”
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, probably even fewer school scenes now.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I know how this'll turn out and the show will finally be dead to me forever. Life goddamn sucks.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear. She brought a lot of joy to the world with her voices.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I know on some occasions really early on in the series Martin had some other voice actors. Pamela or Nancy could do it, as they have done it before, or they could bring Jo Ann Harris back into the cast.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Just saw it a few minutes ago. I'm deeply affected by this passing. She was such a bright voice actress who always puted a lot of pleasure in her performances, and she seemed perfectly fine to me recently regarding the health. It's poignant to hear that when the last Mickey Mouse cartoon, which was about Minnie singing a lovely song to Mickey (with of course great performance from Taylor), aired just a few days ago.

My condoleances to her family and friends as well. At least, she'll be reunited with the late Wayne Allwine.

It's sad to hear that happen. But life goes on. I checked her listing on the internet movie database and it seems like in the most recent times she mostly voiced Martin Prince and occasionally Sherri and Terri but rarely anyone else. They could most likely get one of the other actresses to continue voicing Martin while Sherri and Terri (and any other children she voiced) doesn't matter that much since they never caught on.

I doubt if her death will result in the decline of school scenes.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Road Rage, Sam

Blog Entries

You know, something interesting when voicing the twins in particular. While they looked the same, they didn't sound the same, it's what gave them that weird harmony when they spoke in sync. Not only that but who had what voice was almost entirely consistent too, whenever they were Identified, Terri almost always had a stronger inflection, like that soft one Russi has while Sherri didn't have it so much.

She didn't have to do that. Hell I doubt they were major enough to warrant noting that down somewhere. Yet she did it anyway and it really made an impression on me. I'm not even sure anyone but me even noticed that. For that, she always really impressed me as a VA.

Russi Taylor was a wonderful VA. I remember watching house of mouse as a kid, you could tell how in love Minnie and Mickey were. We even named two of our cats Minnie and Mickey. Those cats have since passed but I loved them. Our current kitties do not have Disney names. RIP Russi Taylor.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

This is so sad. Besides her Simpsons character, I also enjoyed her voice work as Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey and Louie for Disney. And she also voiced Baby Gonzo in the original "Muppet Babies" cartoon. The unusual thing is though, how "Muppet Babies" and the Simpsons are also Disney properties now. Hmm...

It probably won't be long now before another one of the Simpsons cast members (main or recurring) passes on...

RIP. Sometimes hearing of the passing of someone you've watched/listened to growing up feels as bad as hearing about a friend. I'm also sad to hear Valerie Harper may not be with us for long now. Sucks but it is a part of life

It's probably because my folks are in their 70s now, but 75 feels too young these days. In any case, that's sad news, but she had a tremendous career. Rest in peace.
    A little less Generic than before.

A very sad loss. Martin was a wonderful character and involved in some all-time great Simpsons moments, including what I think is one of the best post-classic episodes (Dial 'N' for Nerder). The show will be diminished (if it wasn't already) by her passing.
    Last edited by bboynexus; 07-27-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    This is so sad. Besides her Simpsons character, I also enjoyed her voice work as Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey and Louie for Disney. And she also voiced Baby Gonzo in the original "Muppet Babies" cartoon. The unusual thing is though, how "Muppet Babies" and the Simpsons are also Disney properties now. Hmm...

It probably won't be long now before another one of the Simpsons cast members (main or recurring) passes on...
    man we've lost 3 DuckTales OG cast members in a span of three years.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

I'm very sad to read this. Rotten tomatoes will stay unthrown in their box.
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Man it's kind of awesome that she actually did meet Walt Disney when she was a child and said she wanted to work for him one day, and she did, though not long after he passed(and it's even sweeter that she actually married Mickey Mouse's voice actor). It kind of reminds me of when I read about how when John Diefenbaker was a paper boy and he sold a paper to then Canadian Prime Minister Wilfred Laurier and they chatted for a bit, and Laurier actually spoke highly of that young paper boy.

I guess Tress is probably going to step in and voice Martin, unless she's already been doing that already for awhile. Why did Jo Ann Harris leave the show anyway?

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

These news made me quite sad. A legend of a voiceover artist has left us. Taylor might not often have voiced any major characters aside from Minnie Mouse but she certainly made her mark and her voice heard, like on the Simpsons with Sherri & Terri as well as Martin Prince Jr. (one of my favorite supporting characters who more often than not brought a smile to my face). She will be missed. RIP Russi.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

What a sad news. A lot of moments protagonized by Martin, Sherri, Terri and Üter comes to mind now. She made a nice and underrated job in this series. Rest in peace, Russi.

Blog Entries

I kinda hope they don't go the retiring route.

I mean, if I remember correctly, she had mentioned she didn't care much about her own fame think the quote was:
    "I never wanted to be famous. The characters I do are famous, and that's fine for me."

with that in mind... it actually feels more disrespectful to throw them away. Not really sure that's what she'd have wanted. And I think her most notable characters have had other vas cover for them, some people mention Pamela Hayden and I think there's been an occasion or two where one or both twins had someone else do a line (In Marge vs Everyone, one of them says a line near the end and I don't think Russi's credit came up)

Probably the best case scenario is that someone will inevitably have to take up Minnie Mouse's role and maybe whoever that will be could do it, shouldn't be super hard since they're with Disney now... plus they've really gotta start thinking about these things, isn't Harry Shearer the same age?

Don't get me wrong, they'll still lose a lot. But like I said, I'm not sure retiring is actually respectful here... Maybe in cases like Phil's where it's especially tragic but I don't think here...

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post

I mean, if I remember correctly, she had mentioned she didn't care much about her own fame think the quote was:
    "I never wanted to be famous. The characters I do are famous, and that's fine for me."

with that in mind... it actually feels more disrespectful to throw them away. Not really sure that's what she'd have wanted. And I think her most notable characters have had other vas cover for them, some people mention Pamela Hayden and I think there's been an occasion or two where one or both twins had someone else do a line (In Marge vs Everyone, one of them says a line near the end and I don't think Russi's credit came up)

Probably the best case scenario is that someone will inevitably have to take up Minnie Mouse's role and maybe whoever that will be could do it, shouldn't be super hard since they're with Disney now... plus they've really gotta start thinking about these things, isn't Harry Shearer the same age?

Don't get me wrong, they'll still lose a lot. But like I said, I'm not sure retiring is actually respectful here... Maybe in cases like Phil's where it's especially tragic but I don't think here...
    Actually Harry is older

Blog Entries

RIP. Its always sad to see a voice actor pass away who brought us so much joy trough all kinds of different shows. 75 is a good age to have lived.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post

They won't "retire" Minnie Mouse - obviously, she wasn't the first person to voice Minnie, and besides, did they retire Mickey when Russi's husband died?

As for Russi's Simpsons characters, I would guess the most likely result will be, they will get the "Lionel Hutz treatment" - they'll be seen (for example, Martin, Sherri, and Terri will still be sitting at desks in Bart's classroom), but not heard. They could find replacements if necessary, but that runs the risk of hiring someone that makes a character sound different from Russi's version, and that might rub some people the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    They won't "retire" Minnie Mouse - obviously, she wasn't the first person to voice Minnie, and besides, did they retire Mickey when Russi's husband died?

As for Russi's Simpsons characters, I would guess the most likely result will be, they will get the "Lionel Hutz treatment" - they'll be seen (for example, Martin, Sherri, and Terri will still be sitting at desks in Bart's classroom), but not heard. They could find replacements if necessary, but that runs the risk of hiring someone that makes a character sound different from Russi's version, and that might rub some people the wrong way.
    Well, Martin has been voiced by Nancy Cartwright, Pamela Hayden, and Jo Ann Harris before

Blog Entries

I only just learned today that "Forty whacks with a wet noodle, Bart" wasn't by Russi, possibly one of Cartwright's, and while it's not exact (when is it ever?) it comes darned close. I mean I didn't notice it wasn't Russi til now, and I didn't need to look up anything to know Hibbert's daughter in Bart Sells His Soul was voiced by her.

Okay here's the thing, the characters that were retired previously were adults, we're talking about kids here. There is probably a ton of unknown talent out there (if Cartwright, Tress, Pam or if Jo Ann Harris wont' come back) that can probably fill those voices, and to be fair when was the last time we saw Uter?

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

From Simpsons World, list of characters Russi Taylor did:

Martin Prince
    Sherri and Terri
    Uter
    Lewis (the black kid in Bart's class for those who do not know)
    Wendell (the kid who always throw up)
    Martin Prince's mother

May 4, 1944-July 26, 2019

R.I.P. Russi. You will be miss.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This really fucking broke me.

Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

I only just learned about this, and yeah it does truly suck to hear. Of all the deaths that have affected me so far this year (most of them VA related), this one has definitely stung the most so far.

Besides her Simpsons roles and Minnie Mouse (and to a lesser degree all her Disney roles), a few others I'd like to highlight are Baby Gonzo from the original Muppet Babies, Phantasma from Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School (a role she would reprise 30+ years later for a crossover in OK K.O.!), Melvin from Teen Titans, and a few of her final roles such as young Donald in the Christmas episode from the DuckTales reboot and the old woman from the Beach Day episode of Star vs. the Forces of Evil which only aired a little more then two months ago.

Additionally, around the time she became Minnie Mouse she auditioned for the voice of Helen Henny of Chuck E. Cheese's fame. And although she didn't get the part, the voice she used for said audition would live on as the voice of Clara Cluck when she began voicing her around 1999.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: TBD Bri-Da: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Thread Information