Page 5 of 368 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Hired Goon

1. Reference to the 80s sci-fi film "Tron." The movie has a similar scene.

2. Margot Kidder is an actress, best known for her role as Lois Lane in the "Superman" movies and maybe just as well-known for her real-life looney behavior, which is where the reference comes from.

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Lionel Hutz secretary in Bart gets hit by a car says the Supreme Court rang, something about a freedom thing, and he says Tell them to sit tight....
    Moe: What are you telling us, were trapped like rats?

Russ Cargill: No, rats can't be trapped this easily, you're trapped like... carrots.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

It's all made up so that Hutz can impress his customers - ie: Homer, who just walked in.

Pin Pal

What's Bart' club called in the episode where Bart's treehouse breaks because of Lisa and her friends having a tug-of-war thingy. And does anyone know the name of that episode?

O and does anyone know what Lisa's email is from when she says it in the episode where shes school president?

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by the simpsons brainiac
    O and does anyone know what Lisa's email is from when she says it in the episode where shes school president?
    smartgirl63_\ (at) yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by the simpsons brainiac
    What's Bart' club called in the episode where Bart's treehouse breaks because of Lisa and her friends having a tug-of-war thingy. And does anyone know the name of that episode?
    The episode was Season 14's Old Yeller Belly. I really can't remember the club, but I think it was the "something-in-the-something gang." Someone else fill in the "somethings."

It was "The Hole In The Underwear Gang".

Bowser Basher!

Joke I don't get: In Sunday, cruddy Sunday,at Moes. The travel agent and Moe speak with their mouths behind beer glasses.
    Eg: "President Clinton will be there with his wife, Barbara."
    I'm not dansam anymore! Now I'm Thank you, Das Butt for the awesome sig!

It was because at the time the writers didn't who'd be playing in the Superbowl. They did it so that fans couldn't lip-read who their original predictions would be. The Clinton and Hilary thing was just a "joke", that Clinton might not be president (though, they showed him later in the episode) and that he might not be married when the episode aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool
    It was because at the time the writers didn't who'd be playing in the Superbowl. They did it so that fans couldn't lip-read who their original predictions would be. The Clinton and Hilary thing was just a "joke", that Clinton might not be president (though, they showed him later in the episode) and that he might not be married when the episode aired.
    And so they could update it and re-run it at the time of the Superbowl (like they did with Lisa The Greek). Obviously they made it noticable on purpose and as you say it was mainly used for the Clinton gag.

...But they don't change it... They only ever changed the names in Lisa The Greek.

Loves the Elephant Song lazee_bass_turd's Avatar

The couch gag in Simpsons Tide is a blatant reference to some other classic animated program, and it's so familiar to me, but I can't quite figure it out. Help?

If you dunno what it is, it's a 60s style animated sorta thing where the Simpsons are kinda silhouetted on a mountain and lightning's trying to strike them, at which point the mountain begins to crumble and they fall, upon which the storm clears and flowers and the Simpsons "sprout" from the ground.

From what I hear, it's from Rocky and Bullwinkle. I haven't seen that show, but I'm told that's definitely what's being parodied.

Yup, it's a shot-for-shot parody of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    Season rankings: 4, 7, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 15, 1, 16, 9, 14, 13, 17, 12, 10, 11

Can't Talk. Eating.

Question

In that THOH with the Shining parody, in the story with the teachers eating the students, what did that kid say who was trapped in the detention room. Then, Seymour said something like "You should have thought of that before you got detention"? It's kind of a strangely specific question but I've been wondering about it for a while.
    Top 2 jokes:

2.Somebody had to take the babysitter home. Then I noticed she was sitting on-her-sweet-can. So I grabbed-her-sweet can. Oh, just thinking about-her-can. I just wish I had-her-sweet-sweet-s-s-sweet can!

1. Homer-Hey you $#@*, you cut me off. $#*@ to you!
    Lisa- Dad, that's an ambulance
    Homer-Right, honey. Hey ambulance! You think you're so big with your $@#^ *%$# siren. And your letters are on backwards!

Top 3 THOH Qoutes:

3. Selma as Homer runs naked across kitchen-There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality.
    2. Delirious Mr. Burns-I was walking through the gas one day!
    1. Flanders-Hey, Homer, mind if I chew your ear
    (Homer shoots Flanders)
    Bart-Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders
    Homer-He was a zombie?

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

Bart Vs Lisa Vs Third Grade ..."Bart will be replaced by the something 10 class clown."

"The status quo... the status quo? Ay Curaumba" What is status quo and what is the number of 10 class clown and why does skinner say thats just sad,....

Quote Originally Posted by HotMilhouse977
    In that THOH with the Shining parody, in the story with the teachers eating the students, what did that kid say who was trapped in the detention room. Then, Seymour said something like "You should have thought of that before you got detention"? It's kind of a strangely specific question but I've been wondering about it for a while.
    Kid: Oxygen running out
    Skinner: Yes, you should have thought of that before you made that paper airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Springfield
    "The status quo... the status quo? Ay Curaumba" What is status quo and what is the number of 10 class clown and why does skinner say thats just sad,....
    Status Quo is latin, roughly translated:"things as they are". Everything is as it was in the beginning of the episode.
    My memory might betray me, been a while since I last saw this episode, but when Skinner says "That's just sad" he refers to Milhouse who has taken Barts place as class clown.

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Bart Vs Lisa Vs Third Grade ..."Bart will be replaced by the something 10 class clown."
    It's "pro temp" as in "pro tempore", which means "for the time being".

Pin Pal

What's the episode name where Bart and Lisa are watching T.V and the announcer says something about Tupac Shakur. I think it was "Marge Be Not Proud" and the announcer says "coming up next... a telegram from Tupac Shakur". Somebody please tell me if thats right or if its wrong and give me the right episode name bcuz its been bugging me

The line is "Now, stay tuned for a video Christmas card... from Tupac Shakur" (he was still alive at the time). And you have the episode right, it was "Marge Be Not Proud."

It was "The Hole In The Underwear Gang".
    This was a cute twist on "The Hole In The Wall Gang", the name of the real group of cowboy outlaws headed by Butch Cassidy (Robert Leroy Parker)and the Sundance Kid (Harry Longbaugh), in the early 1900s. (Paul Newman, who famously played Butch in the movie, now owns & operates a Connecticut camp, named "The Hole in the Wall Gang", dedicated to children with cancer and other debilitating diseases.)

This misses the point entirely. Its a meta-reference that pokes fun at the procedure itself in animation of having to 'dub in' the 'correct names' late in the process to be 'correct', or to keep them current. Its practically a meta-meta-reference, since the previous Super Bowl episode (Lisa the Greek) was updated for airings and syndication for a while with the then-current football combatants' names.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P.
    It's "pro temp" as in "pro tempore", which means "for the time being".
    Actually, the phrase is "pro tem", meaning "temporarily, while another deciding process takes place" - and it's usually used in politics and the legal system. This reference treats Bart's 'position' as class-clown as if its a formal, elected office - with a procedure in place to have an understudy temporarily take the role should Bart not be available.

Pin Pal

Does anyone know the lyrics to the song that krusty sings during his last performance and thats the episode where sideshow bob hypnotized bart to try to kill krusty.

It starts like this....
    "Oh Bob"

And does any1 have lyrics to the song that homer sings when aerosmith(i think) is playing in his garage when homer opens up his own bar?

scummy man

Krusty: Oh Bob, you repayed my abuse with raw hatred,
    But I need you today.
    Oh Bob, well you went to Apu's and you framed me,
    So they locked me away...

pee air true dough Larson Something's Avatar

And the band playing Homer's "hunting club" in Homer the Moe is actually R.E.M., and the (incorrect) lyrics Homer sings to "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" are, as I recall:

"Leonardo What's-his-name, Herman Munster motorcade, birthday party, Cheetos, pogo sticks and lemonade, you symbiotic stupid jerk, that's right Flanders I am talkin' 'bout you!"

Kamatsu Motors Bimbo

what are the real lyrics?

Its a parody of Barry Manilow's "Mandy" (the same song Homer mangled as "Mindy" in "Last Temptation of Homer")

Oh Mandy
    You came and you gave without taking
    But I sent you away
    Oh Mandy
    You came here and stopped me from faking
    And I need you today

what are the real lyrics?
    "Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You Symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right"

8 glasses of gravy a day Jeffster's Avatar

Who does the voice of the "Old Gray Mare" guy from Krusty Gets Kancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster
    Who does the voice of the "Old Gray Mare" guy from Krusty Gets Kancelled?
    Dan Castellaneta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro
    Dan Castellaneta.
    No, it's Hank Azaria.

Thread Information