• 1/5

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R Bart the murderer

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

great introduction to fat tony. 5/5

Blog Entries

5/5, i LOVE Fat Tony, he is such a great character, and this was such a good episode

Best of the season. Dark, entertaining, and has possibly the best score ever. A+

Blog Entries

brilliant dream sequence, great charcterisation and the first appearanace of Joe Montagna or Fat Tony Wiliams

Tons of great stuff in this one. Not quite a definitive episode for me, but really close. 4/5

one of the most underated episodes ever

The best episode in Season 3 in my opinion. This is one of my favorite episodes ever, 5/5. Even though it is one of my favs, it ranks number 11 in my top 150.

~I said fine. What part about sure don't you understand?~

Blog Entries

Fantastic episode, great gags, introduces Fat Tony, no complaints really (my reviews are far longer when I have things to bitch about, since I don't feel like going through and detailing everything that's great about the classic episodes) 15/15
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

A+ Best episode in Season III. It made my top X.

Mr.Burns: Quick Smithers. Bring the mind eraser device!
    Smithers:You mean the revolver, sir?
    Mr.Burns: Precisely.

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

great episode and very underrated. 5/5.

Really great first act and the Chocolate Factory stuff is awesome.

Loses some of its entertainment value when the plot unravels but the introductions of the mobsters and the turn in Bart is all fantastic.

"What's a truck"- my favourite Fat Tony line

3/5
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

Groin-grabbingly transcedent Uosdwis R. Jewoh's Avatar

pretty good, i love the part with skinner and bart at the beginning

Junior Camper

Thoroughly enjoyable episode from the classic era. Great characterization, wonderful humor, great suspense and intrigue and a good plot in one. This episode is reminiscent of a time when the writers could actually come up with a proper resolution for their plot instead of the cop outs we got in these types of episodes in the post-classic era. A+ 5/5

4/5

Oh, I love the music in this one, by the way. Perhaps that earns an extra point.

Junior Camper

4/5
    Let us celebrate with the adding of chocolate to milk.

Really good episode, the trial is particulary fantastic. 5/5

Very tense, fantastically scored, great plotting episode, loved Bart's "bad day"

"Homer, you're one hell of a man" says Fat Tony after Homer says Lisa could work for them as a hat-check girl.

It was all going great, with that amazing trial case, until the cop out ending with what happened to Skinner, so... 4/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

great score, full of suspense, and full of great humor.

5/5
    “On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.”

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's great but not FANTASTIC.
    3/5

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Very nice episode with a great plot that served us a good introduction of Springfield's local mafia with Fat Tony in the lead. The laugh-out-loud type of humor was still finding it's way into the show but it was still a funny episode. To see how Skinner freed himself from under the pile of newspapers in a MacGyver-esque way was also quite amusing.

4.5/5
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-29-2009 at 10:58 AM.

One of my favorites of this season, all the jokes were classic and I loved the animation, superb. 5/5

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

What is the music that is playing when Bart notices they're all cheating, and then gets the $100 bills out of his shorts when Marge is doing the washing?

In my opinion, this episode doesn't deserve anything less than a 5/5. It's perfect and It's my favorite episode of Season 3 (it's also right up there with my 10 favorite episodes). The atmosphere throughout this whole episode is just mind boggling (How did the illustrators manage to do all those shadows in Fat Tony's Bar so well? And the colors used in Bart's dream where Skinner says he has killed him are incredible!). I can't say anything negative about the story. It's perfect in my opinion and the jokes are more than present in this episode (Bart's tongue, Bart's stack of cigarettes in his room, Marge who keeps finding 100 $ bills in Bart's pockets etc.).

But I also admire the way they started off the episode. Insisting on the fact Bart was having a bad day. This is the real stuff here ladies and gentlemen!

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GREAT music and animation (the shadows were great, as was the fantasy sequence, and some nice fluid bits of movement), but quite low on laughs and the plot did drag at points. However it was certainly entertaining and a great introduction to Fat Tony and the Springfield Mafia. B/B+

----------------

EDIT: I was wrong about this episode. Definitely better than B/B+.

Very funny, superbly directed, interesting plot... high A- (9/10)
    Last edited by c l o n e; 01-04-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Hola Hola!

Hey guys,
    So glad that i found your forum, great job and the community is really friendly! Apologies if this is in the wrong category to post this in but i was after a little bit of help from you guys.
    I have just started a new forum myself and would like to think there is something for everyone there. Hope some of you may have the time to join me and the rest of the gang. To be honest, your forum was the inspiration for me starting That Forum Site in the first place!
    If you don't have the time to join in on That Forum Site then it's no biggy, just thought i would be cheeky and ask because i like the style of your forums and you have fantastic loyal members here
    Enough plugging now, I look forward to participating in your vibrant and energetic community, as i say, truely inspirational work!

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad;2884055 but quite low on laughs and the plot did drag at points. However it was certainly entertaining and a great introduction to Fat Tony and the Springfield Mafia. [B
    B/B+[/B]
    I know I shouldn't really care. But how does this episode drag at points? It's a great example of the early seasons being able to pace an episode(even a bit slow which I don't think this one is regardless) properly. I mean say an episode like Some Enchanted Evening drags because it does(for no real reason) but not this episode. Just curious also as to what your favourite season is as well. Do you enjoy season 3? I'm wondering because I view this episode as one of the funniest episodes of season 3 and one of the more gag heavy episodes of the early seasons so to say this episode lacks laughs is odd to me. Maybe you didn't enjoy the jokes but this episode is full of them. Plus it has one of the best endings in Simpson's history.

Overall I give it an A- just shy of my top 30.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think any episode can drag if it's not interesting to the viewer. Personally, I didn't find it that funny (there were a few funny moments, like "I will never doubt you again"), but that's subjective. The plot just wasn't that interesting to me. Bart being with the Mafia was interesting initially, but by the time it had come to the Skinner bit, I lost interest, and I never regained it, making the climax of the episode somewhat anti-climatic. Haven't seen it in a few days so I'm struggling to remember, but I think the Skinner bit happened quickly, sort of came and went, making him bursting through the court doors fairly undramatic. But as said I've seen other episodes since then and my memory could be wrong, but that's how I feel at the moment. It lost steam from my perspective, but as said this is probably down to subjective views on what is interesting in plot/humour.

My favourite season is 7. For me, it had the most well rounded stories and interesting character based plots, it's probably the funniest as well (for me) and it's also very consistent. I don't think any episode gets below a B in season 7, when every other classic season for me has at least one episode C range or lower. I'm rewatching season 3 at the moment, and the start of the season has failed to impress me. I dunno... I just get the impression the beginning episodes are trying to be like season 2 but failing. The characters don't seem as interesting. I think Mr. Lisa is great, I think that actually succeeds in having a season 2-esque feel to it, and it was funny. But episodes like Homer Defined and Like Father Like Clown are very slow and don't tend to succeed in making their characters particularly compelling. But, maybe season 3 just has a slow start. I remember loving Radio Bart and Separate Vocations last time I saw them.

5/5 Love this episode!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatAsianGuy View Post
    great introduction to fat tony. 5/5
    I agree, I like this episode for this reason. A-

Thread Information