View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
333. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Simply amazing (har har har ... it gets worse)

133 39.94%
  • 4/5: Straightforward

121 36.34%
  • 3/5: Simply meh

44 13.21%
  • 2/5: Simple-minded

24 7.21%
  • 1/5: Simply awful

11 3.30%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rate & Review: "Simple Simpson" (FABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Another Season 15 episode that really impressed me on first watch. Homer becoming his alter-ego Pieman was quite an original concept for the show. This episode actually gave me a few good laughs throughout, which was a nice surprise. Overall, this one was very fun to watch for me.

8/10
    My Top 100 Simpsons episodes

My Simpsons season rankings (1-23):

6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 10 > 9 > 2 > 12 > 1 > 11 > 16 > 15 > 13 > 17 > 14 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23 > 21 > 22

Simon Era - Reiss Era - Mirkin Era - Oakley Era - Scully Era - Jean Era

Banned
    Blog Entries

Pretty silly, yet hilarious. Grade: A-

Junior Camper

Meh. Another "Homer goes on a wacky adventure" type of episode that doesn't tend to inspire me. Still, I'll give this episode credit where it's due, although the premise was wacky, the storyline kept some consistency to Homer's life story and background -for example having him still work in the power plant -and did not go into the deep end of zaniness that tends tomake episodes in this type of genre over the top and unwatchable. Also, Homer wasn't a jerkass for much of this episode, he was acting out of good intentions and there were some heartwarming family moments. It was good to see Homer showing an interest in Lisa's feelings and standing up for her for once and, from what I remember, the way the plot flowed and the nature of the dialogue was rather good compared to other episodes in this season.

I thought the scenes with Mr. Burns interacting with Homer and the antics he forced Homer to engage were somewhat too reminiscent of what occurred in "Homer vs. Dignity" -albeit on a milder scale -and I found that whole part of the episode lacking originality and creativity (indeed in "Homer vs. Dignity", Homer throws a pudding at Lenny, not dissimilar to what Homer is doing in this episode). The appearance of the Rich Texan was also highly annoying, as usual

I'd rate this episode as being better than a lot of the episodes being made around this period of time -and with some good attributes contained within the episode but still not as good as it could have been and with a premise I found too wacky. Still gets a passing mark, though, with 3/5

Blog Entries

It's kind of sad this is the last Jim Reardon episode. He's probably my favourite Simpsons director and this being his last episode, it's a pretty poor one to go out on. It's a very 'meh' episode with nothing really all that funny or interesting. I guess the writers were patting themselves on the back with the idea of spoofing Superhero movie, but it's just so poorly done. For one thing, it's far to wacky and absurd a concept. I don't believe for a second that Homer would do this. Even Jerkass Homer is typically too much of a lazy jerk to bother with becoming a masked vigilante.

The plot itself it way too thin. Act one Homer becomes the Pie Man. Act Two he throws pies at some jerks until eventually he's caught by Burns. And then Act 3 he's Burn's lacky until he reveals his identity and of course everyone in town is too dumb to believe him. Even Marge points out how dumb this is. Why do the writers keep thinking that if they point out how stupid the story is, then it won't be as stupid? It just shows how lazy the writing is.

There's nothing really funny about this wacky plot either. You'd think with something this silly, the writers would bring out their A-game but it's pretty low on jokes. There's Homer as the Pie Man kissing Marge upside down ala Spider-man but that's not even a joke. That's just recreating the scene from that movie. I can't believe a spoof of superhero movies could be this dull. The reason I like Jim Reardon's episodes so much is because of there fast paced humour and well told stories. Here, none of these traits show, it could have been directed by anyone. I give it a 2/5 only because it didn't exactly irritate me in anyway and at least Homer wasn't a complete jerk throughout.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Good and funny idea for an episode, although the execution is too rough. Also, the pacing was too fast and it felt broken for me, I hate it. On one scene Burns is cutting off the water supply from his employees, then immediately we have an abrupt cut with Burns searching for Homer through the surveillance cameras. Are you freaking kidding me?
    2.5/5
    Last edited by oddMLan; 04-20-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

One of the best episodes of season 15, the plot isint the best but its hilarious through. Grade: A-

5/5

Blog Entries

I realised I hadn't written in the R&R for Simple Simpson, so I decided to post it here. This is a very fun episode, and it's very high on my list of favourite Simpsons episodes. 5/5.
    Here's my full review, written 29 October 2014:

http://www.nohomers.net/entry.php?79...Simpson-Review

good god, I feel like the pies were imitating comedians. No seriously one laughs like Phylis Diller the other has a Cigar as if he were George Burns. Around the time I originally saw this episode I could suddenly easily see what they were referencing.

and as for the Burns Baby Buggy, if that assignment exploded then they would have ripped off Inspector Gadget

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Had a random Simps craving so watched this Ep for the first time in yeaaaaaars. Actually a surprisingly good episode. Ridiculously simple premise but it works well within its parameters.. Minimal cringe and legitimately funny in places. 4/5

I thought this was much funnier than the average for its season, but of course it was written by John Vitti. Were the talking pies meant to be a callback to Dish Upon A Star?

Thread Information