View Poll Results: Well...?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- Baby dangling fun!

26 47.27%
  • 4/5- As good as a ride on a roller coaster!

19 34.55%
  • 3/5- Okay, like when average results come out of surgery.

9 16.36%
  • 2/5- Meh...the children weren't that...good.

1 1.82%
  • 1/5- Check bouncing bad.

0 0%
  • 0/5- Worse than going to court for doing stuff you didn't do...sort of...

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review South Park 807 "The Jeffersons"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate/Review South Park 807 "The Jeffersons"

Michael Jackson? In South Park?! Well, took them a while...but here's another Cartman episode (as if we haven't had enough of him) tonight at 10 on Comedy Central.

Comments?...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

stop happening

hahahaha, 4.5/5, rounded up, 5/5.
    Season rankings (best to worst)

5/5. Michael "Jefferson" singing at every little thing was classic. It is sorta late to have MIchael Jackson jokes though.

Seemed like a really good satire, but almost all of the jokes seemed like they'd been done before.

That image of Michael Jackson decaying is going to haunt my dreams forever.

I'm undecided about this episode.

By the way, they played Cartman Joins NAMBLA right before it, and it reminded me of "the Jeffersons" for a lot for several reasons.

spleef

That was EXTREMELY disturbing. And is Kenny supposed to be going hoodless now?

4/5

Crotis Jivefunk

Not too bad. I expected the plot to be:
    -Jacko moves in
    -The kids become friends with him
    -He molests them
    -He gets caught
    -His plastic surgery goes awry and he and dies.

Some parts were a bit unpredicted, and Cartman wasn't annoying. Best of all, KENNY DIED!!! And we saw him without his hood for a change. I'm giving it a 5/5.

stop happening

Originally posted by My Little Needle
    By the way, they played Cartman Joins NAMBLA right before it, and it reminded me of "the Jeffersons" for a lot for several reasons.
    I noticed that too.....weird.

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

Kenny talked clearly, and I think thats a first in the series(not including BLU). I didnt even know it was Kenny till they killed him.

They IMO did a good job. I also thought it would mostly be molestation jokes, but they really got Jackson on all angles. Really a great ep.

Its either a 4/5 or a 5/5. I'll wait till I see it again.

"The Jeffersons" was a terrific episode; one of season eight's best so far. It was a near perfect and hilarious look at Michael Jackson. The "Mr. Jefferson"/Blanket relationship made the episode more than the typical "look it's Michael Jackson, he's a weird freak!” There were so many great moments it's hard to name a few, but in particular I liked the inside joke about Kenny getting to do something, and the "Thriller" parody. Overall I would give "The Jeffersons" an A.

Yeah, and I was also pleased that the ep didnt really focus a lot on Cartman, as I thought it would.

Also, I love that Mr Jefferson was so fucking rich, he had the Ark of the Covanent in one of the rooms.
    Last edited by Icedragon; 04-21-2004 at 06:48 PM.

Hired Goon

Meh. I'm starting to wonder if I watched the same episode as everybody else, I just don't think there wasn't much to praise about it. I'm glad they took a different approach to the satire and not portraying him just as a freak. But still, the jokes were way too predictable. I may have to give this a second viewing, but I just wasn't impressed. I'll give it 3/5 on the poll, I'd grade it a C+. I just didn't find it that great.

Edit: I watched it again, I got a few more laughs out of it this time. But still, I didn't find it to be that spectacular. I'll regrade it and give it a B/B-.

Season 8 Rankings:
    1. 803 "Up the Down Steroid" A
    2. 801 "Good Times With Weapons" A-
    3. 805 "You Got F'd in the A" B+
    4. 807 "The Jeffersons" B
    5. 802 "AWESOM-O" B-
    6. 804 "The Passion of the Jew" D+
    Last edited by pat; 04-22-2004 at 01:30 PM.

One of my favorite South Park episode's of all time.. for serious.

5/5
    Heckling a Puppet show.

Defintly one of the top episodes this season. I laughed my ass off on a lot of parts. I thought it was hilarious when Cartman kissed Jacko.
    You can't prove it won't happen.

Blog Entries

Wow...that was fucked up the entire way. The unfortune thing is my mom kept intruppting it constantly walking in to yell at my sister, who's been ditching some school...(pissing me fucking off, because they won't leave me peace and shut up about it)...anyways, Kenny talked and walked and...everything. WOW. "At least you finally get to do something!" ...methinks that, yes, this was gonna be the season finale, and yes, Lemmiwinks should be next week if this got aired a week earlier. 4/5...

pretty rad

Good episode. A lot better than expected. The best part was that nobody knew it was Michael Jackson throughout the entire episode... sheer brilliance.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

4/5

Very funny. Loved the kids trying to save Blanket from a Thriller-like Jackson. Loved everything being called "ignorant." Loved Cartman being completely in love with Jackson and I almost choked from laughter when they were about to kiss. The Peter Pan scene reminded me of that website with that fem dude. I thought this would focus more on the molestation, but I was glad it was more of the actual lifestyle of Jackson and Blanket. And I had no idea that Kenny was pretending to be Blanket. When they said "Oh my God, he killed Kenny!" I actually said "Oh my God, that was Kenny?!" All in all, good episode that I would love even if it was just hoodless Kenny.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Pretty damn funny episode, I love it how Jackson said that everything was 'ignorant'. The whole cops framing african americans was pretty strange, I loved it how Kenny spoke and we actually got to see his face for the first time outside of the movie, I sort of knew it was him straight away, But it was still pretty funny, Good episode, One of the top episodes this season so far. 8.5/10

Junior Camper

I liked this ep a lot, what I saw of it. But dam I missed the ending.
    Very funny and I agree w/ most of the highlights that have already been said. Glad they didnt go the way of the dream and have him molesting kids left and right or having a relationship w/ Cartman.
    Got to watch it again tonght.

...Is Back Baby!!! The "Urban" Lenny's Avatar

That was such a classic South Park episode! The whole thing about how police hust go around framing rich black people was hillarious!
    Did anyone find it ironic that this episode aired about 30 minutes after Michael Jackson was indicted for child molestation? But overall this was the best episode in this season so far. Grade: 5/5

Originally posted by SideshowTim
    I loved it how Kenny spoke and we actually got to see his face for the first time outside of the movie. 8.5/10
    was it the first time? I could have swore I saw him without his hood in a past episode.

anyways, yeah this episode was hilarious. liked it a lot more than I thought I would. also thought that they were gonna make the whole episode on child molestation seeing as they showed the nambla episode before this, instead they did the whole "jackson acting/thinking he was a child" angle which I found funny as hell. was surprised with the kenny hoodless, as everyone said.

the peter pan scene was my favorite, had me rolling. 5/5
    Last edited by bartimus prime; 04-22-2004 at 01:09 PM.

the ghost of troubled Joe AllSussedOut's Avatar

The best part of the episode was that Michael was just portrayed as Michael. He wasn't amplified, he wasn't made into a Streisand-esque monster, or a Mel Gibson-crazed-nutjob... it was just fucking Michael Jackson. (Jefferson.) THAT was what made the episode for me.

The occasional "that's just ignorant" comments kept making me laugh, even when I knew they were coming. That, and Cartman's early "isn't this just typical" speech to Kyle was pretty funny, as well.

Strong. 4.5/5

remembers the batoosie leaderbean's Avatar

i loved this episode 5/5. though my biggest laugh was when micheal jackson's jaw just dropped off. i don't know why it was kinda random and no made a big deal outta it. he just picked it up and put back.
    "Captain's Log, Stardate...damn. What's the date? Number One, what's today? No, I know it's Tuesday, what's the date? The STARdate!"

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

I am happy to say I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I was expecting a mix of NAMBLA and Here Comes the Neighborhood...with obvious Michael Jackson jokes. What I got was actually pretty good. The little things about Jackson that they threw in were pretty great. Like the Peter Pan costume and tree climbing. The singing got old pretty quickly, though it was funny to hear his squeaks and crotch grabbing thrown in. The kid was great, and the boys feeling for him helped. I liked that all the boys were pretty much involved, that was good. Kenny dying was frickin AWESOME! I had no clue who it was, I was like "who the hell is that?!" In my head I was thinking Craig, Tweak, who? Then I was really surprised. I like how they poked fun at it by saying that he finally got to do something. The only part I really did not find funny at all was the whole cops framing rich black men thing. I know they had to throw in that he is still considered black, but it felt too tacked on for my taste. But I also am very rarely amused by any racial humor. All in all, it was pretty good, entertaining for an average episdode.

Sidenote: funny, during the Bachelor they suddenly had a pop up at the bottom of the screen that said Michael Jackson had been indicted but they didn't have details.

Edit: How disturbing was that near kiss?! AHH!
    Last edited by Nerd Groupie; 04-22-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Wow that was so much funnier than I expected! And it actually covered all the points I was drawing on in past posts about what makes the show great in my opinion.

Contrary to the lunatic perspective of Mel Gibson, MJ was fuckin' hilarious throughout, and I actually never felt the dancing, singing, or "that's ignorant"s ever got tired surprisingly. It was key that they introduced different aspects of MJ more and more throughout the episode, like the molestation (Stan's dream), the plastic surgery (when his nose fell off I cracked up), and dangling Blanket out the window.

This one also had all four boys doing pretty much equal stuff, including Kenny (I had no idea it was him until "OH MY GOD!", and I was trying to figure it out after Stan's "at least you get to do something" line). I think if they continue this idea of keeping Kenny hoodless from now on it might actually work, since he'll officially be a talking active 4th boy. Although they're really going to have to develop a concrete personality for him.

I didn't really enjoy the cops framing rich black people stuff though. I dunno, didn't do much for me mainly because it went on for too long.
    Overall, this episode was weird, disgusting, wrong, satirical, and overall just funny. A 5/5 is in order. Maybe I'm being generous, but this season has been magnificient so far. If it weren't for "Passion of the Jew", it would be on a major roll.
    Signature.

That would be good. I thought this season they were going to have Butters become the 5th kid in the group. I agree with Tomacco that he needs more of a personality if their going to have him unhooded more. Question, was there a reason he was hooded in the beginning?

When do they reair the weeks episode? I'll want to see this again.

The Spring in Springfield

5/5!

My favorite part was when Kyle and Stan were trying to take blanket through the bathroom and Michael Jackson comes from behind with suspenseful music playing and Kyle slowly turns around revealing MJ's deterierating face! It was so horrific! The scene was done very well. I felt like it was a horror movie scene!

Stonecutter

Great stuff. 4/5 I laughed real hard when Stan woke up from his dream. I'm really enjoying this season as well. I just wish they'd show that Lemmiwinks episode.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

5, easily the funniest episode of the season.

country sad ballad man

Alot better then expected, although it was a little forgettable. I didn't know it was Kenny either, that was great. That's what I remember most. B+/B

And Dennis, you gave a positive review. I'm shocked!

Season Grades:
    Good Times With Weapons: B-
    Up the Down Steriod: A
    The Passion of the Jew: C+
    You Got F'd in the A: A-
    AWSOME-O: A-
    The Jeffersons: B+/B

Thread Information