• 4/5- Good

23 39.66%
  • 3/5- Okay

5 8.62%
  • 2/5- Meh

3 5.17%
  • 1/5- Bad

0 0%
  • 0/5- Hell, Pokemon is funnier than this!

1 1.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review South Park 801 "Good Times with Weapons"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate/Review South Park 801 "Good Times with Weapons"

Season premiere of South Park tonight. Okay, okay...calm down.

Let's get ready for some new animation, new Professor Chaos and new bantering from Cartman and Kyle at 10:00, 'kay?...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I've got it set up to TiVo.

Junior Camper

Good

stop happening

It rocked!
    Season rankings (best to worst)

On hiatus for retooling

Oh my God... that was possibly the most sadistic episode of South Park ever! Or at least it gives "Scott Tenorman Must Die" a run for its money...

It was absolutely hilarious though. The Japanese animation parodies were dead-on, they really made the episode. The ending was a little bit of a cop-out, and the message (parents don't care about violence, even though it may be more harmful than sex) kind of came out of nowhere. Still, a hilarious episode!

"Good Times with Weapons" was an fascinating episode to say the least. I loved how "Anime style" was used when the boys were playing ninjas; that style added so much to this episode, it wouldn't have been half as appealing without it. I thought the whole "Butters with the star in his eye acting like a dog" was hilarious. Though it was crude I loved Butters getting urinated & pooped on by the dogs at the shelter. However I have mixed feelings about the ending: Cartman's "invisibility" was side-splitting, but the whole Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction” really seemed dated & I didn't really find it that funny at all. Overall, after my first viewing I would have to give "Good Times with Weapons" an A-/B+.

Great ep. Ending was a surprise. A pleasant surprise.

stop happening

I loved the Ninja star in the eye bit. I also liked that they actually believed that butters was a dog. That is so stupid in the best way. It was funny how he kept disappearing too.

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

I give it a 4.5/5

The first 10 minutes didn't work for me that much because I don't like anime but it didn't take much away from the show. That was hilarious when butters got hit with the star. I really like the ending and the parody of the Janet Jackson thing.

Blog Entries

Oh my fucking god...that was hilarious.

Enough said.

5/5...

Overall, an enjoyable episode. The song fight scene with Craig and friends was probably my fave part. The animation was impressive, and I thought the ending was okay, and would have been okay even if it wasn't a reference to Janet Jackson's incident. I was pretty surprised they were actually even allowed to show Cartman completely naked, because usually they have to blur or cover that type of thing up on the show. I guess in the context of the Janet thing though, that was the point. The only thing that didn't work for me really was Butters as a dog. I felt a little too bad for him, even for Butters, heh. Anyways, not that much to say. 4/5

The download I got didn't include the opening credits for some reason. How have they changed?
    Signature.

Not 5...Not 6...Not 7... DAntae's Avatar

ummm, maybe i need to see it again. i dont think it was better than a 2/5 or so. i will give it another shot though, maybe i just wasnt in the mood for it.

On hiatus for retooling

Originally posted by Tomacco
    The download I got didn't include the opening credits for some reason. How have they changed?
    Not really. It's almost exactly the same as last season's opening, just with some scenes from last season in the background. Everything going on in the foreground is exactly the same.

remembers the batoosie leaderbean's Avatar

i liked this episode, but all the stuff that happened to butters almost made me want to freaking cry. poor poor butters.

3/5
    "Captain's Log, Stardate...damn. What's the date? Number One, what's today? No, I know it's Tuesday, what's the date? The STARdate!"

I'm right on the edge here between giving this a 3 or a 4, but I can't quite give this a 4, it's very close though.

I loved every minute of the Anime animation and parodies, especially the theme song and Kyle getting turned into a chicken, and having Professor Chaos is always a plus. Cartman using his "invisibility" was also hilarious, though a little drawn out. However, I just couldn't laugh at the scene where Butters gets the eye injury, I know that this is South Park and all, but somehow it just seemed too graphic. On top of that, the entire subplot of disguising him as a dog and mistaking him as a dog didn't come across as being as funny or interesting as the original plot about the weapons. Like I said, I'm giving it a 3/5, but it is so very close to a 4.
    Last edited by bovine_university; 03-18-2004 at 09:03 AM.
    When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

This episode was most definitely fucked up, even for South Park. (not crab people fucked up, but fucked up) Can I just say right away poor Butters. Poor poor Butters. That sad little bark he used. As for the anime, I'm not a fan, but the way they did it was pretty funny. The letterbox was a nice touch. My roommate and I knew they'd have to do something Janet-ish, and I thought they did it really well. I agree it was a little too much (at least the thing with Scott Tenerman was REALLY far fetched), I just kept thinking of how much that must fucking hurt. Good episode, nice way to start off the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Crotis Jivefunk

Tomacco and Nerd Groupie pretty much summed up everthing I was going to say. The animation was stellar, but I think it wouldn't been funnier with cheap dubbed in voices, like that Strong Bad email. I didn't like Butters as a dog, sucks to be him, but the rest of the episode was gold! 4.5/5
    Last edited by Strong Sad; 03-18-2004 at 02:46 PM.

4.5/5

Best parody of an anime I have ever seen in my life. From the animation down to the Engrish lyrics. I haven't laughed this hard since Mecha Barbara Streisand. Seeing Butters with the star in his eye really brought back memories of how one kid would get hurt while we were playing and everyone would freak out. The only thing I didn't like was the whole dog euthanasia bit. But that's pretty much what our humane society would do. The ending was decent, as well.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Crotis Jivefunk

Did anyone else notice that this is the second year in a row that they showed Proper Condom Use before the season premiere?

stop happening

yea i think...

country sad ballad man

Blehhh. I don't like Japanimation (I mean anime) that much, so the parodys made me laugh hard. But the episode just wasn't very funny I thought. The part with Butters wasn't funny at all and kinda a bit too graphic, even for SP. I was a bit dissapointed with it. C+

Junior Camper

Professor Chaos is back, and with a vengeance, I might add! (As am I; Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.)I think Cartoon Network's Adult Swim should show this ep sometime. One question remains, though: Why didn't they show Cartman's punishment?
    Other than that, and poor Butters with the Ninja Star in his eye, frickin' hilarious. I give it a 5.5 out of 5. Great premiere!

I loved this episode, South Park is back in a big way. I mean they jumped in Season 5 (not with Kenny dying, but with 2 or 3 really bad episodes). They got better in Season 6, better with Kenny back in Season 7, and now it's like it's Season 2 again. One of the best episodes in a long time. I loved the way they went from anime back to regular animation, especially with the ninja star. Some great parodies of anime, and one of the best in awhile. 5/5

Blog Entries

Well, this episode was certainly interesting. To me, this episode felt a little to sadistic for even South Park, i cringed everytime they showed Butters with that star in his eye, and felt terrible for him, maybe i'm just a sissy or something though. Anyways, the anime was pretty sweet (although i can't say i'm a fan, nothing against it though) and pretty damn funny as well (the song especially). Overall a humorously frightening story. Cartman naked was sidesplitting. B-

A great episode. Not perfection, but it deserves a 5/5 on the poll.

Stonecutter

The anime and the song to go with it were completely awesome. A great start to a new season, seeing how last season wasn't that impressive compared to the rest. I knew it wasn't right, but I came to tears when the dog pooped on Butters. Everything else was pretty hilarious. 5/5

The song gets stuck in my head so easily.

stop happening

Same, that song kicked ass! "protect my balls"

personality goes a long way Toli's Avatar

Hehehe but he didn't die. Also their was no opening credits.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker".

Originally posted by homeyboy
    Also their was no opening credits.
    yeah there were, they were basically the same as last season with new clips in the background.

anyway I enjoyed the ep. the only that really bugged me was butters getting the ninja star in his eye. that song when they were fighting was great, and I found myself singing it moments after watching the ep.

4/5

Thread Information