Thread: Last Simpsons Episode You Watched

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpit View Post

Season 10 didn't have a Christmas episode. Maybe you are thinking about season 9's Miracle On Evergreen Terrace or season 11's Grift Of The Magi?
    It was Miracle on Evergreen Terrace I was thinking of, thank you!

It's probably my least-favourite Christmas episode... so I ought to have remembered, lol.

Edit: For the record, Grift of the Magi doesn't feel like a classic to me, but I like it anyway.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Simpsons Guy

Blog Entries

good for u!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    good for u!

Blog Entries

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post

Blog Entries

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Wild Barts Can't Be Broken: 4/10
    Lisa's First Word: 10/10 - Despite my rating being the same, I love this episode even more than I did before and it's one of my top 5 favorite episodes of season 4. Hell, even the ending made me tear up a little and the only time that's ever happened with this show was My Mother the Carjacker although that episode really made me emotional the first time I saw it. Now I can understand why this episode made it so far in the top 100 although I still think And Maggie Makes Three is better.

Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind - I like this one a lot. very unique episode too. 9/10

Gonna explode Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dangers on a Train: A-
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Blame it on Lisa: 7/10
    Thank God It's Doomsday: 10/10

Blog Entries

Take My Wife, Sleaze: B
    Grift of the Magi: C

Blog Entries

Kill The Alligator & Run: 4/10

The more I watch this episode, the more I realise why its considered one of the worst. It suffers from most of Scully's bad characterisation, jokes that miss more than hit , the story thats all over the place and as frosting on the cake some pointless celebrities. And the thing it, it suffers MORE from these things than most other typical Scully episodes. Homer just wasn't likeable at all, he was being annnoying to everyone. Marge and the kids just were kinda there to tag along with Homer's crazy adventure, and the first act was filled with too much ''Homer going crazy'' scenes.

The good things though, are that I actually liked the new one-time characters. The sherrif proving to be a real hardass when he's on duty after springbreak, that cynical waitress woman who apparently likes everything, and even the guy with the whip. The episode does have some funny moments, although absurdly wacky. Its one of Scully's worst episodes and I've probably rated it way too high, but for some reason it still felt like the Simpsons to me.

Simpsorama: 10/10

I enjoyed this episode much more than I remember, though by classic standards it would be closer to a 8/10 or something. Its not so much because I'm also a huge Futurama fanboy, but the whole pacing was great (albeit a little to fast at times) and jokes that hit way more than miss. There were only a few average jokes like Homer getting angry at himself looking in the mirror, and him strangling the Bartgremlins (forgot wha they're really called) that lasted a bit too long. I got a good chuckle out of Bender faking that he's paying Moe's bill, and Marge & Leela making fun of each other. This crossover would GREATLY benefit for being an hour long, its really sad that it didn't get the airtime. My full review is still in the R&R and its mostly the same, so I guess I don't have to go into to much detail.

What seems common for a lot of people is to compare this to the FG crossover, which imo suffered from a lot of things. But I'm willing to argue why Simpsorama is actually better, despite its short length. First, the pacing in TSG wasn't all that great despite its 1 hour length. They took to long to reach Springfield and pointlessly ended the episode with a chicken fight with the chicken being replaced by Homer. Simpsorama had a quick start building up how the Bartgremlins were to made, and its not a bad first act either.

The characterisation of the Futurama cast was done really well, especially (and obviously) Bender and Farnsworth for getting the most screentime. Some more Fry and Leela screentime would've been great, they didn't get to show much character, but in the small moments they did it was pretty spot on to their original character. Bender first line ''bite my shiny metal ass!'' may have felt a little out of place, and the way the Simpsons family hear that Farnsworth is willing to kill their children. The Simpsons characterisation in TSG.... oh God, the worst I've ever seen. First, Bart would NEVER say ''eat my shorts!'' to Marge, as he respects her. That line felt incredibly forced, but what felt even more forced was Marge's first line ''and thank you for not being crazed maniacs''. Its so weird when people say they did a great job with the Simpsons characterisation, I guess they mostly did Homer right except for the part where he goes more retard than ever. Homer is not stupid enough to drink gasoline, or to dress up ''sexy'' and wash cars. Then the second worst characterisation is from Marge being a bitch to Brian, thats just not her at all. Simpsorama wins this one.

Than the plot... Simpsorama has its future destroyed by something Bart caused while the Griffins got their car stolen and wandered around in Springfield, and than have a courtsuit that didn't last longer than a few minutes. Well thats the main plot atleast, but one of the most overrated things this crossover has is how people praise the subplots. The Marge/Lois subplot was pretty much nonexistent, so they went to watch a movie or something yet they didn't even bother to show us. Lisa/Meg plot ended way too soon without really anything happening at all, other than Meg being whiny and Lisa keep trying to let her try out instruments. Their plots ending was awful aswell. The Bart/Stewie plot is the second longest, and had a lot of potential but didn't live up to it due to Bart being Stewie's ''sensei'' and the way the scenes with Stewie kidnapping Bart's nemisses weren't good at all. Homer/Peter plot was obviously the longest, yet all they did were those awful scenes at the car wash and them drinking gasoline, and to fill up the rest of the episode with a fight. Instant win for Simpsorama.

Jokes... its kind of a draw I guess. I named my favorite ones from Simpsorama before, my favorites from TSG are when Homer threw his grammies at Peter and Stewie saying ''I took A-pu!''. In Simpsorama's short time it felt like I laughed way more, but I'll leave this as a draw as of now.

Pacing as I said earlier was great in Simpsorama. For TSG they could've done A LOT better. Why? Because they have 42 minutes, yet didn't use it to its full potential. Than for its execution of its screentime, I would've liked to see way more different character interactions in TSG other than ''character hangs out with counterpart character''. In Simpsorama they didn't follow this formula and had pretty much everyone talking to its other, which is a way better way. It really helps that Simpsorama has a linear plot. Despite TSG lasting twice as long, Simpsorama knew how to use its time better. So yeah, nicely done by Simpsorama.

So yeah, this was my comparison, as its apparently a cool thing to do, right? I think Simpsorama gets way too much hate, and I know most of it comes from people who just like to instantly hate on any modern Simpson episode.I guess its cool to say ''the FG staff can write the Simpsons better'', but their crossover is by no means any indication that they know how to write Simpson characters at all. TSG is overrated for sure, there's way too much blatant fanservice, a very long airingtime which didn't live up to its full potential, rushed out subplots, poor characterisation. But I'm supposed to rate Simpsorama though, which.... did these things atleast better.
    Last edited by Kaine; 02-28-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Little Big Mom: B
    Faith Off: B
    The Mansion Family: B-
    Saddlesore Galactica: A This is a great episode, and ain't nobody gonna persuade me otherwise.

I agree with you Saddlesore while I wouldn't call it great is to me a wacky but still very fun episode. The jockey elves is one of the most overblown almost hysterical things cited by anti-Scully folks. It's a one minute fantasy scene yes I know its not supposed to be a fantasy but that's what it plays like. Never bothered me at all.

Blog Entries

Lisa's Date with Density ~ A
    The Springfield Files ~ A+
    Mountain Of Madness ~ A+
    The City Of New York vs. Homer Simpson ~ A

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Yeah. If you just think of it as non-canon SG is a great, funny episode.

Yes exactly! its not like the elves came along and made this serious episode wacky all of a sudden no.. the whole thing is silly and wacky. I don't think its a great episode I'd give it a C/C- something like that but still I don't know why this is still considered worst episode ever material?

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Exactly. Also, the first two acts are completely inoffensive aside from having a vaguely similar plot set-up to Lisa's Pony.

Yes I like Act 1 especially. Well I think the plot is kinda lazy and in general I would say its a bit too wacky but still this one comes under way too much attack in my opinion.

The death of satire OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The jockey elves is the worst thing about Saddlesore Galactica. The episode is pretty funny before that, but the third act almost kills all of the humor.
    Although it does have a absolutely hilarious Bill Clinton jab at the end: "Well, I'm a pretty bad president."
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 06-30-2016 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther;bt41182
    Can’t imagine having quotes turned off. I think I get a rush of dopamine whenever I get a notification.

^Agreed. The Jockey Elves are hard to ignore, but really, aside from that, the episode is fine.

Anyway, I just saw:

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore - 6/10 - Not as bad as everyone says, but nothing particularly remarkable about it, and frankly, a little too wacky.
    The Wettest Stories Ever Told - 7/10 - This was funnier than I remembered, but still not the best trilogy episode. Willie trying to sing a round by himself had me laughing out loud though

Girls Just Wanna Have Sums - 9/10 - This might be my personal favorite Season 17 episode. It's hilarious, and very satirical. Post-classic Simpsons often fails at satire, but this is one where they really pull it off. My favorite quote: "It's the differences...of which there are none...that make the sameness, so exceptional? Just tell me what to say!"
    Get woke, go broke

Banned
    Blog Entries

There's No Disgrace Like Home - B-
    Bart the General - C
    Moaning Lisa - C+

The death of satire OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Flibble View Post
    Bart the General - C
    BOOOOOO!!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 06-30-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpit View Post

BOOOOOO!!
    Eh it's alright but there are loads of episodes better than it.

Blog Entries

Saddlesore Galactica is bad even for a Scully episode, though the whole jockey stuff didn't bother me as much as it should. But the whole plot of the Simpsons having a horse didn't do it for me, the episode lacked good humor for me and it went too outlandish. I think Lisa's subplot was the better plot, and the end of this episode kind of sums up this episode as a whole.

Rating season 1 episodes this low is inexcusable

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Mom and Pop Art 10/10 Very funny episode especially for an episode where Homer gets a job.
    The Old Man and the C Student 7.5/10 Kinda boring main plot with a funny subplot.
    Monty Can't Buy Me Love 3/10 Awful Burns characterization, but it's saved by a few jokes
    They Saved Lisa's Brain 8.5/10 Main plot was better than subplot; decent guest appearance
    Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo 10/10 Very hilarious episode! Awesome way to end season 10. Best season 10 episode.

Well...season 10 is better than I excepted. I only saw 3 episodes that I rated under 5/10 (in letter grades that would consider to be an F).Oddly my best and worst episode is the exact same as Financial Panther's. The humor got wackier (I'll admit that, but it amused me) and episodes like LGAA, MSISYH, MAPA, and TTOT are the funniest episodes I've seen for the Scully era. So looks like I'm a Scully era defender after all. I just thought my opinion on the era doesn't affect for the next two seasons though.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Regarding Saddlesore Galactica I'd probably have to watch it again, but I remember hating it before the whole jockey elves nonsense and I just didn't think the episode was funny at all. Plus I hated that part where Comic Book Guy was pointing out that The Simpsons already had a horse in another episode as I really hate these kind of jokes that try to be self-aware, but end up being more infuriating than anything else. Same thing with The Blue Haired Lawyer asking if Lisa had to tell the court every store she was at and everything that happened there in The D'ohcial Network. To me it's more of the writers acknowledging their laziness than they are being self-aware.

The Princess Guide-2/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Call of the Simpsons - C+
    The Telltale Head - B-
    Life on the Fast Lane - A

Thread Information