• 2/5

9 5.88%
  • Give me a jerkass Homer adventure!

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R/R Wild Barts Can't Be Broken

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Damn good season 10 adventure. Loved the kids being kids, loved the real moments (like them just being bored and flying a kite with a fan in the house) and somewhat loved the song. 5/5.

nelson's line ruined the song for me.

Blog Entries

That was a pretty cringe-worthy line, truth be told.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the best Season 10 has to offer. Almost 5/5-worthy.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which line are you talking about?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Which line are you talking about?
    "Adults! You strut around like your farts don't stink!"

Blog Entries

What's wrong with that? That's pretty funny!

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    What's wrong with that? That's pretty funny!
    Ditto. It's like something a real kid Nelson's age would say.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

Don't shoot the messenger here. I don't have a problem with the line.

Blog Entries

Explain, @Handsome B. Wonderful and @zach.

Blog Entries

it's kinda immature. yea it's 'something a kid like nelson would say' but...

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

you'll grow out of the joke panther.

Blog Entries

I'm looking back at this and it seems to be one of the only post-season 8 episodes I wouldn't use a ratings curve on, and genuinely do love.

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    nelson's line ruined the song for me.
    This. Other than that, pretty good.

3.75/5

It has one of my favourite post-classic musical scenes, has a great A-plot with the kids and is very relatable on all fronts.

4/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

Great episode. 4/5 I like the scary movie.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

This episode is hysterical.

Blog Entries

yeah, great ep

"marge, kite"

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This is certainly one of the best post-classic episodes, and the song is pretty good (although I have to agree about Nelson's line). 7/10

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy, You Are A Elf View Post
    This is certainly one of the best post-classic episodes, and the song is pretty good (although I have to agree about Nelson's line). 7/10
    Ditto

Best episode of Season 10, hands down.

I Like The Scary Movies

Ahhh... It's GODZILLA!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Humor: Really good. Homers Night Out, talk to the hand, Nelson pretending to be Hibbert are exampels of great jokes in the episode. 9.5/10

Plot: Great! It always stayed on the mark and never got off-the-wall, good satire overall. 9.5/10

Characters: Pretty much everyone was in character, i can see how Homer come across as jerky, but this time it was under the influence of being drunk, so i did not really have a problem with it. 9.5/10

Great episode, one of the best of season 10. 9.5/10

4/5, a very fun adventure with a great kids vs adults setup that concludes in an unexpected way - the elders take over. Nelson's Hibbert impersonation cracks me up every time

Junior Camper

This was actually a pretty decent episode. It lost me around the time the kids started the radio show and it was just treading water from that point, but a lot of the jokes here killed like the Son of Sam, especially Homer's turn from an Isotopes hater to the team's biggest fan. 4/5.

Junior Camper

One of the best season 10 episodes. The plotline is interesting and has an "epic" feel to it, jokes are great (particularly the Isotopes scenes), and it's really well-animated (of course, that's usually to be expected from Rough Draft).

Several scenes (like the kids playing at sunset) reminded me of the classic era, which was great to see.

5/5

I wasn't very into the first scene at the Isotopes Stadium, and I thought the song at the end was a pretty stupid way to end the confrontation between the kids and the adults, but pretty much everything in between I liked. It's one of the last episodes that I can say that I appreciate on the same level (or at least very close to the same level) as the ones from season 8 and before.

I gave it a 4 out of 5.

I think Family Guy wrote did something similar years later except with alcohol. Imagine Flanders and the elders and Mr Burns the only ones being allowed to drink, but even if they did it probably would have been a rehash of Homer vs the 18th amendment And in this day and age the kids would have put that info on the internet. Despite the kids being wrongfully blamed for the rampage, this was a fun episode
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Good episode.
    Not the best, but decent plot.

plot 18/25
    absurdity level (the possibility of what is happening) 19/25
    comedy 21/25
    originary (level of references and of unoriginality) 20/25

TOTAL 78/100 (4/5 with rounding or B). GOOD!
    IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without trilogy episodes, upd. 30/10/19):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Grift of the Magi/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Bart Has Two Mommies 18. The Wife Aquatic/The Haw-Hawed Couple 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Lisa the Drama Queen 21. Chief of Hearts/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. 22 for 30/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/101 Mitigations
    I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Thread Information