• 5/5 excellent episode, watched it again and again

109 57.67%
  • 4/5 good episode, watched it quite a few times

66 34.92%
  • 3/5 meh, i'd say average

11 5.82%
  • 2/5 only watched it once

2 1.06%
  • 1/5 watched it once and i'll never watch it again, worst episode EVER!

1 0.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R Krusty Gets Busted

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Very slow, boring, unfunny, and emotionally manipulative. The only really good thing about it was the fact that it introduced Sideshow Bob, but this important offering is not enough to save it from earning a place in the bottom tier of season 1. C-

Blog Entries

The first episode that really was captivating with the introduction of Sideshow Bob, the illustrated loyalty of Krusty for Bart, and great plot with mystery and Bart-Lisa interaction. Not much on humor, but other strong aspects that made the episode vivid and enjoyable made up for it--which tells me that it was very well written. This may be my first A+ episode of the series

Not my favorite Krusty episode and far from my favorite Bob episode, but it's nevertheless a Season 1 highlight, and possibly the funniest episode from the season overall.
    4/5

Blog Entries

One of the best of Season 1, but one of the worst Bob episodes. I really liked it, but the hardcore mystery aspect sometimes gets in the way of the humor and makes it way less enjoyable upon rewatch. That being said, there is some humor still, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the true beginning of the Homer vs Patty and Selma feud. Plus, any episode that truly introduces Krusty (yeah, I know he had a brief part in "The Telltale Head" but this is his formal introduction) and gives us Sideshow Bob just can't get less than a 13/15
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

Blog Entries

I love Sideshow Bob, 5/5!

Pretty good episode. Probably my favorite of the first season. However, I just don't enjoy season 1 that much. I appreciate it, but its just not my favorite. Still, this episode gets a 4/5 from me.

Pin Pal

One of my favorite season one episodes, pretty much the only ones that I like as much/more are "Bart The General" and "Life On The Fast Lane".

Does anyone here think that this episode has some of the funniest facial expressions of the entire series?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnn View Post
    Sycophantic German,what's the matter with you can't speak english are something.

Fantastically captivating episode. As the fight to clear Krusty's name unites Lisa and Bart in their first little detective outing.

The story is told really well, and the humour that there is (mostly from Homer) is appropiate for such a serious episode.

4/5

I meant to pick 4/5 but I accidentally picked 3/5 but oh well. Krusty Gets Busted is a great episode with sharp direction by Brad Bird and wonderful performances by Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castellaneta and of course Kelsey Grammer. The animation in this episode is probably the best of the first season and more in-line with the second season imo. There are some great lines in this episode and I particularly like Dan's dramatic reading of "Is it a crime to bet on sporting events?" and "Hey! hey! This is not a lending library! If you're not going to buy that thing, put it down or I'll blow your heads off!" by a paranoid Apu. An overall solid episode, with strong characterization, a fluid cinematic feel and a wonderful debut for Sideshow Bob.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is the best of season one by a long shot. I love the mystery element and the way the story is told. Excellently well thought out and just utter brilliance. The Simpsons has definitely arrived by this point.

A

4/5. My favourite of Season 1 and IMO the show's first classic episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

My favourite episode of Season 1. The introduction of Sideshow Bob is great as is Kelsey Grammar's voice, I even prefer it over Brooks' efforts in this season.

The mystery plot is fun although nowhere near as developed as later Bob episodes would be but a fun beginning all the same to a nice run of episodes in the series.

4/5
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Krusty Gets Busted

Best episode of Season 1. This episode was Excellent it felt like a true classic Simpsons episode. I love episode like this focusing on hilarious moments and gripping detective work (Just look at Who Shot Mr. Burns?) The plot was great characters were original. Another reason why I like this episode is that it introduces one of my favourite characters (Sideshow Bob) A great plot, great characters and A great ending. A true classic (The only reason I did not give it a 8.5 or 9 is that I already knew it was Bob who tried to frame Krusty from reading and writing on sites like these)

Score for Krusty Gets Busted: B+, 4/5, 8/10, Excellent

My favorite episode of the first season.
    For me this episode is a fantastic introduction to Krusty the Clown but to Sideshow Bob as well (I know they made a cameo beafore but for me this is the episode where they trully come to life)
    I love episode when Bart and Lisa do some detetcive work as well and I'm sad we don't see more of this in the present seaons...

Best of Season 1! I love the introduction of Kelsey Grammer as Side Show Bob who has become a classic villain.

This is my favorite season 1 episode.

4.5/5

A great episode from Season 1. Homer spelling Guilty was funny ha ha ha 4/5

For me it's defiantly the best episode from Season 1, not only was the story great with Bart losing his hero (Krusty the clown) but there were a lot of great jokes in the episode too. 4.5/5

and a introduction too a great character Sideshow Bob.

Now with More Testicles. do what donny dont does's Avatar

10/10
    It might not hold up as well after all these years, but when it 1st aired, it was freaking awesome!

Blog Entries

4/5 Not my favorite episode from the season 1, but still good and funny.
    Also a very good Sideshow Bob episode.

I give 7,5/10 to this good episode !

Internet, eh? Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar

Potentially my favourite scene from Season 1, is literally the last 5 seconds of this episode where Bart is tucked up in bed, surrounded by the merchandise of his hero. There's something about the musical score as well as a young boy's dedication and devotion to somebody who he appreciates so much, that get's me right in the ticker.

4.5/5 episode for me, Season 1's finest.

Banned

5/5 magnificent

Banned

5/5

Another strong episode. The show was really fresh in the first season, and almost every episode is memorable. Contrast that with episodes from some post-golden-age seasons, which are forgotten as soon as they are watched. Once again for this season, the dramatic elements take precedence over the comedy. There are fun moments, though, like everything Homer does in the first part of the episode. The character work is excellent, with Bart's trusting worship of his hero Krusty (don't miss that heartwarming final scene, with Bart going to sleep happily in his bedroom, surrounded by all the Krusty merchandise), and some nice Bart-Lisa dynamics. The mystery, cartoon style, was well-done, and it's the introduction of important elements of the Simpsons mythology like Krusty and Sideshow-Bob (at least the first time the focus is on them). The only criticism is that it could have had more jokes in the second half, but the emotional content required otherwise, and I have no complaints. I like episodes with so much heart.

Rating: A

Blog Entries

4/5. Funny. But not ha-ha funny

Banned
    Blog Entries

Excellent. 5/5

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

5: one of my favorites. Used to get scared of Sideshow Bob as Krusty. Just seeing him... 1989 animation, folks.

One of the best in the Season. I remember this episode from when I was a kid. I loved it then and I love it now. Not to mention, this episode brought the Simpsons loads more excellent stories such as Cape Feare and Sideshow Bob's last gleaming. (A very high) 4/5

Blog Entries

Easily the best episode of season 1.

10/10

Thread Information