6 28.57%
  • 2/5

1 4.76%
  • 1/5 (I'll sit this one out)

1 4.76%

Thread: Rate and Review: KING OF THE HILL - "The Incredible Hank"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate and Review: KING OF THE HILL - "Reborn to Be Wild"

Well, this was certainly something different. After a weak first act, things really began to pick up when Peggy started slipping Hank the testosterone. His newfound energy was a riot. Overall this was a fairly good episode, but the show really needs to get over its current slump. 3/5

It really is in a slump. They seem to be stretching for ideas and stepping away from the everyday formula that made the show such a success. It was still an entertaining episode with several great moments. 3.5/5

I thought it was the best of the season probably. Lots of new entertaining areas and ideas in the episode, and nice little Bobby subplot. Last week's and the week's before seemed a bit derived from older episodes, but this one was all new to me, and it worked I thought. As strange as it was. The Joseph jokes were great too. Loved when he and Hank met, and just exchanged "sup"s and walked off.
    Signature.

Originally posted by Tomacco
    The Joseph jokes were great too. Loved when he and Hank met, and just exchanged "sup"s and walked off.
    Yeah! That was one of my favorite scenes as well.

Pretty funny stuff with Hank going through puberty again. I love episodes where Hank isn't himself.

remembers the batoosie leaderbean's Avatar

i gave it a 5/5 cause i thought i was a great episode. The wrestling scenes were funny. specially the one where boomhaur was left standing there.
    "Captain's Log, Stardate...damn. What's the date? Number One, what's today? No, I know it's Tuesday, what's the date? The STARdate!"

Odd. It didn't really feel like a KOTH ep. 3/5

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

Flawless with the exception of Bobby's storyline which seemed a bit slight and obvious to me.

KOTH > Simpsons (so far this season, and for the last 4 seasons) [IMO]

5/5

Stonecutter

Originally posted by kuumuus
    That's pretty much what I think as well. King's been pretty good for the past few years. Anyway, I thought this was damn good episode, although I think they are kind of stretching things a bit. However, seeing Hank act, well, un-Hank like was quite odd, but that's why it was so funny. The Bobby sub plot was a tad thin, and the episode didn't really end all that well, what with leaving the outcome of the bull run sort of up in the air, but the last scene with Bobby finally taking a shower was pretty funny. "Hey guys look! Eggs over easy!"

Overall: 4/5

It was a very good one -- Nancy getting a look at testoste-Hank's muscles was the best bit. The writers are clearly making an effort this season to make Peggy less of a psychopath, and I thought that in this episode she went too far but didn't completely forfeit sympathy.

Veteran credits-watchers will note that this episode was directed by the great Wes Archer (who is in fact back as the supervising director of KotH), and indeed the visuals, in terms of the camera angles and the characters' movements and facial expressions, were excellent, though KotH isn't a show that calls attention to the visuals.

So far this is shaping up as quite a good season. My favorite so far is "Reborn to be Wild" (despite starting out as a standard Hank/Bobby thing it turned out to deal interestingly and even thought-provokingly with issues of how "cool" religion should be... and Luanne was in that one, which is always a plus for me), but they've all been good so far. The next two are more season 7 holdovers, followed by the Christmas episode on Dec. 14

Originally posted by kuumuus
    BLASPHEMY!! I like KOTH but it's no Simpsons.

Anyway, this was a good one but my fave this season is still "Reborn to be wild". I laughed out loud when Bill, Dale, Hank, and Joseph wrestled and Boomhauer just stood there. Of course, Boomhauer is always hilarious.

Phony Mc Ring Ring

4/5 Great episode

Thread Information