View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- Heaven

10 25.64%
  • 4/5- Heaven, lower-class

12 30.77%
  • 3/5- Here

8 20.51%
  • 2/5- Hell, upper-class

5 12.82%
  • 1/5- Hell

3 7.69%
  • 0/5- Torture Level

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review South Park 712 "All About the Mormons"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate/Review South Park 712 "All About the Mormons"

Tonight...at 10...on Comedy Central...Stan has to kick a fruit's ass...

Rate and/or review...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

The Spalding Gray of Crap

3/5

Not the best episode. Pretty funny though how they mocked the mormons, and religeon in general. "Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum."

Hired Goon

I found this episode to be quite unfunny and pretty stupid. Actually, it was boring. I don't remember an episode of South Park as boring as this one. I definitely got the wrong impression from the commercial on what this episode was gonna be about. I'll be generous and give it 2/5.

I found it pretty avarage, but the "Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum." part was pretty good, 3/5

The Spring in Springfield

This is one of my least favorite episodes of South Park. Very little of it was funny (Cartman calling Gary Stan's boyfriend). The episode didn't seem to really go anywhere. It was just mocking the Mormons with a story and there was very little actual plot developement. 1/5.

Doddering Old Man

It was average. I did like the Joseph Smith theme song (although I've read things about the man that definitely would not make him a religious leader for me). Stan pointing out inconsistancies in the story was to the point, but it has been done in many incarnations in many episodes. I'm not sure what Mormons will think of their portrayal. Overall, I bestow this episode a 3/5.

"All About the Mormons" was an enjoyable episode, about on same level as the last 2 weeks. I loved the mockery of the Mormon religion, in which they were “saying” what many people were thinking about that religion. I love it when South Park poke fun at religion; B+

Ouch...I loved this one immensely. I guess I just really enjoyed seeing such a biting criticism of the Mormom religion done so well. The Joseph Smith segments were such a highlight. It probably helps if you have any knowledge of the religion, too...

Anyway, I gave it a 5/5.

And slightly off topic: What does Matt Stone do for the show nowadays? I've noticed that Trey Parker writes and directs every episode solo now.

Geez, I'm suprised how low-key these reviews are. It was brilliant! Cleverly mocking the logistical issues with the religion, yet pointing out all the good things it does for its followers as well and reminding that the people who follow the religion themselves aren't bad people necassarily. Plus it was hilarious in its own right, especcially the Joseph Smith song.

I guess people didn't like it because the show branched out instead of doing fart and swear jokes.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Blog Entries

Aw...shit. I gave it 3/5 instead of 4/5. Oh, well. Anyways, that was pretty funny (not as much as last week's though). The plus side being it was very, very low-key and gentle, unlike "Grey Dawn" or "Casa Bonita", or pretty much every episode in the second part of the seventh season, which all zoomed by and were hyperactive. I, astoundingly, didn't find the Joseph Smith song that catchy (usually when a song is given on a TV series that I like, a la "The President Wore Pearls", the next day I immediately have it in my head) but it was hilarious when I found out that "Dum dum dum dum dum" was actually "Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb" when they went "Smart smart smart smart smart". Cartman calling Stan a boyfriend to Gary had me on the floor. Good to see less Cartman...but no Kenny speaking at all?! That's it, I want an episode on Kenny! Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!...

...by the way, don't you love the hidden message: Gary's family really actually were sent out from Utah to convert, the Marshes eventually being the first target. Hmm...guess they failed...

...also, I was worried the whole "Stan has to beat him up" would be a little "Tweek vs. Craig" (without the Adler real-life wife) thing, since it was on yesterday and the preview had Cartman betting on Gary beating up Stan. Good thing that didn't come to be, the only good thing about "Tweek vs. Craig" was Kenny in Home Ec...(sorry, but I just can't resist the little guy)...

4/5...

Not 5...Not 6...Not 7... DAntae's Avatar

it had its moments. i love anybody who shows the true stupidity of the mormon faith, and for that i was thrilled. it get a B-, some clever stuff...but not the best by a long shot.

Junior Camper

I, like many others here, thought the episode was alright. I gave it a 4/5 because the mockery of the Mormon religion was hilarious and I really liked the message at the end (sort of the ends justify the means argument). Surprisingly, my bf picked up the "dum"="dumb" thing immediately and I kept telling him no...it's just a musical nonsense syllable, like "dah." Then, they started going "smart, smart, smart,smart smart," and I knew I was completely wrong...dammit.

Anyway, was anyone else hoping for some reference to past episodes? I was hoping that they'd mention, in some respect or another, that it is Mormons that have it right and get into heaven. Or that there'd be a reference to Orgazmo, the movie written by Trey and Matt. I guess I'm always wished for more self-references on the show.

All in all, a pretty good episode. I gave it a higher grade, as I appreciated them not having to sink to physical, low-brow humor to get their point across. 4/5 or B+.

remembers the batoosie leaderbean's Avatar

it was an alright episode and the ending was really nice. a few stabs at the mormon religion and a few stabs at people who make fun of the it. i never knew the story of how that religion was formed. where they exaggerating even alittle bit?
    "Captain's Log, Stardate...damn. What's the date? Number One, what's today? No, I know it's Tuesday, what's the date? The STARdate!"

I thought it was soo hilarious, there's a few mormon families who live near us and all of them except 1 are like that. And my friend's dad converted to mormanism like a week ago, WEIRD.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AEG

This one really did nothing for me. It almost felt like I could hear Matt and Trey saying "ok, we're gonna do Mormons this week" in the background throughout the episode. This was really one of the least creative ways to make fun of a specific race/ethnicity/belief ever, just by explaining the religion in a ridiculous way throughout the episode. The very last scene where the kid tells Stan off was definitely the best part of the episode. Overall, as mentioned above, the episode was just...boring. Very boring. Before halfway through the episode I could already tell we were gonna be taken through the entire Joseph story, and eventually come to a ridiculous conclusion of it by the episode's end, which would wrap up the episode's story. Not to mention, the entire sequence involving Randy going to kick the mormons' asses was annoyingly predictable. All in all, too much time was wasted with the flashback story, and the HORRIBLY lame "dum dum dum dum dum" running gag which got beaten into the ground (especially lame was when they substituted the word "dumb" with dum-dum-dum-dum-dum).

2/5, for the last scene, some Cartman stuff, the face-painting, and Mr. Garrison.

My ratings for part 2 of the season so far:
    "South Park is Gay": 4/5
    "Christian Rock Hard": 4/5
    "Grey Dawn": 2/5
    "Casa Bonita": 4/5
    "All About the Mormons": 2/5
    Last edited by Tomacco; 11-20-2003 at 01:39 PM.
    Signature.

Stonecutter

Worst of this season IMO. 2/5 My only real laugh was at the end when the mormon kid told Stan to suck his balls.

spleef

I realized the whole "dum=dumb" when this part happened:

Man: Oh, wow, that's, um, very....
    Chorus: Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!

Originally posted by Retro Moose of Doom!
    I realized the whole "dum=dumb" when this part happened:

Man: Oh, wow, that's, um, very....
    Chorus: Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!
    Yeah. I thought that was quite possibly the lamest joke in the show's entire history.

meh 3/5

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Meh, it wasn't all that great. Yeah, the mormon bashing was amusing, it was just a little much. (like the origin of any religion makes sense) The dum dum was funny, but the whole story telling was kinda dumb. But for some reason that baby doing the russian dance was the funniest thing ever to me. All in all, I've seen better, but I've seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

spleef

Originally posted by homer5000
    Good to see less Cartman...but no Kenny speaking at all?! That's it, I want an episode on Kenny! Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!...
    Cartman's become the Homer of South Park.

I really don't see the point of Kenny being there anymore. He doesn't say or do anything, he doesn't even die for chrissakes!

Blog Entries

Funny...I don't recall any "jerkass Cartman" phase. ...

spleef

Look at Cartman during the first season, then look at him now.

He's gone from annoying and fat to cruel and evil!

Blog Entries

I was joking...? I guess...it wasn't that good of a joke...maybe it was...nah, no it wasn't...

the whole mormon satire, along with the satire of people who hate mormons, was great. "you've got a lot of growing up to do buddy. suck my balls." that had me giggling my motherfucking ass off.

Cartman used to be a lot dumber now that I think of it. He used to get into arguments with Wendy, Stan and Kyle where he was always wrong and had NO idea what he was talking about. Now he's diabolically smart for some reason. Both are funny, but excess of the latter isn't always good.

This one was "Meh". 3/5.
    Si eres capaz de entender esto, es que sabes un poco de español (o que estás utilizando Babelfish, cosa que no te recomiendo)

Originally posted by Tomacco
    Cartman used to be a lot dumber now that I think of it. He used to get into arguments with Wendy, Stan and Kyle where he was always wrong and had NO idea what he was talking about. Now he's diabolically smart for some reason. Both are funny, but excess of the latter isn't always good.
    no kidding. cartman's arrogance can be irritating, so it's always fun to see him get proven wrong (like in the Faith +1 episode, that was hilarious). though it's always funny, so what the hell.

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

I think there is a nice balance with Cartman. Like in the Scott Tenneman episode (one of my faves), he is dumb enough to think he can buy pubes, but then ends up coming with a wicked wicked plan.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

4/5. Had all of the Salt Lake City humor I could want.

Thread Information