View Poll Results: What did you think of this new South Park episode?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- Rocked hard

20 55.56%
  • 4/5- Rocked pretty good

15 41.67%
  • 3/5- Rocked okay

1 2.78%
  • 2/5- Rocked meh

0 0%
  • 1/5- Rocked badly

0 0%
  • 0/5- Rocked...not at all!

0 0%

Thread: Rate/Review South Park 709 "Christian Rock Hard"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate/Review South Park 709 "Christian Rock Hard"

On an all-new "South Park", Cartman, Butters and Token rocket to the top of the Christian rock charts with their own messages of faith in an all-new episode, entitled “Christian Rock Hard.” When the other boys kick Cartman out of their band, Cartman pulls his own group together to make music for Jesus. Meanwhile, Stan, Kyle and Kenny are arrested for downloading music from the Internet.

Hmmm...cool...watch it TONIGHT on Comedy Central at 10 PM...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

The Spalding Gray of Crap

I'm watching it now and the whole pirating music bit was hilarious. It was a pretty good episode. Poor Britany Spears got downgraded from a Gulfstream 4 to a Gulfstream 3 due to music piracy. I gave it a 4/5.

10 mins left in the episode, hopefully I'll think the same about it when it's over...

Junior Camper

I want to feel his salvation all over my face.

Junior Camper

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME.

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

Great episode. Leave it to SP to make great satiric bashes at society. The entire music downloading aspect of the episode was great. 5/5

Hired Goon

To quote a quote from another great animated series: "Mmmm that's good satire!" Awesome episode! Although it lacked some humor in the first few minutes, besides Cartman's stereotyping against Token and blacks, the episode really picked up when Stan, Kyle, and Kenny get arrested, and when the FBI guy showed them some of the reasons for the stars' sadness. "Poor Britney Spears downgraded from a Gulfstream 4 to a Gulfstream 3", hilarious! Cartman's tirade at the end was sweet too, "Fuck Jesus"...."AAAH my ears are bleeding!", also with Butters farting in Cartman's face.

Anyway, on to the rating of the episode and whatnot. Like I stated, the humor seemed to lack in the first few minutes, but the rest of the episode was gold and more than made up for it. Christian Rock Hard = 10/10. It didn't seem like it was gonna be too funny by just watching the commercials, but fortunately I was mistaken.

This episode now has returned me to a faithful SP fan. I was skeptical about this season, but if the episodes are like this one, this season may be one of the best SP seasons ever.

A great episode, superior to last week's premiere. (Not that it was an appalling episode by any means) I loved the satire on recording artists and downloading music, and most of Faith + 1's songs were hilarious. The commercial for their Christian CD was a dead on spoof of many I have seen. Overall “Christian Rock Hard” gets an A.

I didn't think lat week's episode was that bad, but this one was so much better! The whole part where they were breaking to arrest them was hilarious. Also i loved Faith + 1's songs. My favorite was the body of christ song. (I forgot how it went) The best part was at the end when butters farted on cartman and said "f**K you eric"
    that makes me stupid, and you a whore

This was a great episode. I give it a 4/5. I loved the whole file sharing satire.

Kids are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.- Bill Hicks

I thought last week's was better.
    This episode had a lot of great one-liners though, and some decent satire, as always. But this episode just seemed so done before. They've already had an episode where Cartman starts a band. And they've already had MANY where Cartman bets against Kyle or tries to beat him on something. The originality factor was a huge problem I thought. But there were some good jokes.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

Actually, the biggest laugh of tonight's episode is seeing the same computer room where the boys send out an bulletin in the movie...digitally enhanced and looking so, SO much more detailed, and the animation being 10 times as better. It's just amazing how South Park's animation has evolved...it passed its feature film, which was once considered having the best SP animation. In this episode, it already proves that SP:BLU has really nothing special except for being in widescreen and showing Kenny's face. Cartman is seen running (and walking with the other boys in last week's episode), the computer room scene from above and the scene where Token beats up Cartman at the end is just spectacular.

About the episode, it's a laugh fest, no doubt, but not the best episode. The satire's pretty good, and I'm REALLY being generous when I'm just not in a plain good mood. (my trip to California [supposed to go tomorrow] was delayed until December, and with all the people I was going with, I was REALLY looking foward to it) I'm not in the mood for a long review, so I'll just say this: Cartman is an asshole. B+...

Harry Potter's Bitch

it was a really good episode to me, unlike last weeks, it really dident have a huge turn of events like with the crab people, but that was funny. But i really liked how they downloaded the songs and were like, ok lets get some Metallica, Stevie wonder( i dont think it was stevie wonder) and Judas Priest. but the thing that got me was the Lars Ulrich part, where he wanted the Gold plated bar by his pool, and his house was like a friggen sky scrapper.

But the ending was the best with Cartmen saying Fuck Jesus, which of course we knew it was gonna end somehow by cartman doing something dumb. but all in all a great episode.

Stonecutter

4/5. This episode was very funny. I liked this more than last week if it weren't for that "ending". Anyways, I thought the story sounded like another everyone against Cartman. The music was hilarious, and the ending had me crying with laughter. I didn't expect that from Token or Butters.

The ending was classic. "Fuck Jesus". Had me in stitches.

Junior Camper

Thumbs Up

Great ep...I gave it a 4/5. The part with Lars Ulrich was hilarious and definitely right on target (he competely deserves to be mocked for what he's done). The whole Christian rock band thing did seem a bit "been there, done that" as Cartman was trying to cash in on a popular fad (before it was boy bands, this time christian rock). The mockery of Christian music was perfect and I loved the commercial parody. By the way, does anyone know if they used specific songs and turned them into Christian songs by changing a few lyrics? For example, I definitely got "once, twice, three times my jesus" or w/e was exactly like Three Times a Lady, but can anyone identify any other songs? Just wondering. All in all, hilarious and a much better ep than last week's (excluding crab people, of course).

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

This one kicked crab people's asses. It was frickin hilarious! I love it all, both plots were dead on and done wonderfully. Doubt it did anything to James or Lars egos, but it was still great. Don't know about any of the songs, but is that how Christian music is done-with gold and myrhh? Anywho thought it was really great, hope more are this funny and offensive (if not more) without being stupid. Leaves me with one question...do you think it was with Rob or Ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Junior Camper

Brilliant satire! Had me ROTFLMAO! I haven't been this moved by Christian Rock satires since Rachel Jodan (Shawn Colvin) on the two original post-Maude-Flanders'-death episodes (BTW, will she ever start dating Ned again, depending on Ms. Colvin's availability?) . Just one more BTW; was it coincidental or intentional that they advrtised the return of napster just before this ep started? S**t, that's an even f**king better Napster spoof than the one they did on Futurama w/the Lucy KiuBot (although I DID like the latter's clever variation on the shopworn "Scooby-Doo" catchphrase, "We would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling adults!").

spleef

Hilarious, but formulaic, episode that didn't end with another one of Trey and Matt's classic "preachy opinion speeches", making me one happy Jew.

What suprised me even more was the hilarious Kid Notorious episode following it. It's still hard to believe that's a 70 year old producer who hasn't acted since the '50s doing the voice.

Both 5/5

Teaching Robots to Love Mr. Sparkle's Avatar

cartman stereotyping token was really funny, and so was the ending.
    5/5

That was fucking awesome. 5/5. I agreed with that episode completely. I was laughing my ass off when like 10 FBI agents broke all of the windows in Kyle's house and tackling them all just for downloading a few songs.

" I can't imagine living in a world where celebrities only have semi luxury".

Blog Entries

Originally posted by jesle
    By the way, does anyone know if they used specific songs and turned them into Christian songs by changing a few lyrics? For example, I definitely got "once, twice, three times my jesus" or w/e was exactly like Three Times a Lady, but can anyone identify any other songs? Just wondering.
    Well, Cartman intentionally said that Christian rock is "changing the lyrics to say something about Jesus", which explains why he puts Jesus into very weird situations. I would've found the ending to be much better if Cartman got a platinum album, but Jesus approached him and asked Cartman why he put Jesus in a lyric saying "I wanna make love to Jesus" in one of the songs, and Jesus smites Cartman for saying such. Oh, and the only original song is "Body of Christ" (which explains it being played over the credits), I'm sure of it...

spleef

I remember one song that was the same tune as the Ben song from the J.Lo episode.

Blog Entries

I think you're talking about "I wasn't born again yesterday"...right?

EDIT: Ohhh! You're talking about "Jesus, baby", the song Faith+1 sings at Christ-Fest. Yeah, it DOES sound like "Ben"!...
    Last edited by Ryan; 10-30-2003 at 06:53 PM.

That was like one of my favorite south park episodes, and now poor master p's son can't get the island of french polynesia.

a controversial negro The Lawn Wrangler's Avatar

it was pretty fucking funny. best one this year

Blog Entries

Aw, jeez. Everyone I know keeps talking about that damn Fingerbang episode being the first one to do the concept. And I've NEVER SEEN IT! My computer is too slow to download episodes of South Park...does anybody know when that episode will air?...

this ep was quite awsome. I loved that Cartman got what he deserved. Right in the face (Butters). Token was cool (you're black, you can play bass).
    And of course:
    'Recording Artists will be forever doomed to a life of semi-luxury'
    4/5

This one was better than the last one. In fact, I can't complain about anything. I give it a 5/5. 2nd or 3rd best of the season.

"Tom, we're now entering the second day of the rock band MOOP's refusal to play, and the second day of absolutely no other news to report on. In a recent poll we asked people if MOOP's refusal to play would stop them from downloading music off the Internet. One percent said yes. Two percent said no. And ninety-seven percent said, "Who the hell is MOOP?!" Back to you, Tom."

Si eres capaz de entender esto, es que sabes un poco de español (o que estás utilizando Babelfish, cosa que no te recomiendo)

Junior Camper

I was laughing my ass off at the "Wonderful Life" satire. And the Commercial for the C.D. was priceless. "I want you to nibble on my ear, Jesus." Christ that's good stuff 10/10

Thread Information