9 5.45%
  • 2/5 A few Redeeming Qualities

4 2.42%
  • 1/5 A Stinker

1 0.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R & R: Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Land of Chocolate is memorable, and the rest is mostly decent season 3 material. 4/5

Best episode of Season 3 and an episode filled with wonderful gags, a solid storyline and obvious memorable scenes like the Land of Chocolate. Homer is in fine form as well.

A

#24 on my all time list
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

Spectacular Episode. 5/5

The Land of Chocolate is one of the best moments in the show. I think the plot contains a few elements from other episodes, mainly Homer losing his job, but still manages to retain its brilliance. The entire tavern scene is pure gold, from Bart's song to Burns getting kicked out. The characterisations are of course exellent, especially Mr. Burns'. I think that the best thing about this episode is that the germans are seen as the "villans" while in fact the only thing they were trying to do was help everyone by perfecting the plan, and in the end they lose their money and are ridiculed. All in all this is one of the best episodes in season 3 and in the show.
    5/5

5/5
    "The kids these days, they think comedy is dirty words. It's not, it's words that sound dirty, like Muckluck!"

- Krusty The Klown

I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Not my favorite of S3 by any means, but a great one nonetheless. Phil Hartman as Horst, along with the Land of Chocolate montage stood out. A

Junior Camper

classic 5/5
    Let us celebrate with the adding of chocolate to milk.

Quite a ludicrous but very enjoyable episode. 4/5

Junior Camper

LOL

This episode has a great plot and the writting is perfect and it also has a bunch of timeless jokes,one of my favourite scenes of the episode is when Homer daydreams that he's in the land of chocalate.This is a 10/10 type of episode,in my opinion this is one of the top ten best Simpsons episodes ever.

We Germans Aren't All Smiles and Sunshine.
    Last edited by JimBob; 08-05-2010 at 09:32 AM.

For sure a 5/5. I can never get tired of this episode. Its a great, hilarious, classic episode. If only the show was still this good...

My least favorite of season 3...

C+

A fantastic episode! There is one of my favorite scenes in this episode of the entire series (Homer and his dream about the land of chocolate. I remember the first time I watched this episode, I was on the ground in tears when I saw that scene . I mean, I had probably only watched the show for a year at the time and nothing could really top such a scene).

I also really like the beginning of the episode (wonderful stuff!). Homer getting a phone call from someone who's saying that if he sells his nuclear powerplant shares he owns, he'll be able to receive an incredible 25$. He does this, only to discover later on that he could've had 5200$ had he waited a little longer. I find that the beginning of this episode shows an aspect of Homer's personality very well (an impatient man and sort of greedy too, without having any second thoughts on what might happen afterwards).

I also really love the germans reaction when Homer's sitting in front of their desk day dreaming. 4.75/5

Blog Entries

It's a easy 5/5

Highlights:
    Homer spending his stocks on beer
    Everything With Mr burns in it
    The scene at moes with homer taunting burns
    And one of the best moments in the history of the show

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bartesque

This episode's okay but it's not one of my favourites from Season 3. The part I liked was the Land of Chocolate 3/5

Banned

Absolutely wonderful episode, a personal favourite of mine. The storyline of Mr Burns selling the nuclear powerplant to a German consortium was brilliant, the characterisation of Mr Burns, Homer and the other characters was spot on. Personal highlights included:

*Smithers believing Homer is sad because of Mr Burns' inevitable departure, rather than not being able to get a candy bar in the vending machine.
    *Homer's phone call with his stockbroker.
    *Lenny: This is the worst day of my life.
    *Mr Burns: You'll see the statue of liberty wearing liederhosen before you see Germans running my plant.
    *Mr Burns' impression of Elvis Pressley.
    *Homer's 'Land of chocolate' dream.
    *Homer's speech to Mr Burns about how nobody loves him.
    *After being humiliated by Homer and Bart, Mr Burns defiantly utters: What good is money when you can't inspire terror in your fellow man? I've got to get my plant back.
    *Mr Burns: Desperate eh? Advantage Burns.
    *Mr Burns mocking the Germans.

Absolutely hilarious and legendary episode, 5/5, 10/10 & A +

Blog Entries

Meh, excellent jokes like "The Land of Chocolate" and Burns naming the queen bee Smithers, but other than that I found this episode really bland. Mr. Burns acted pretty boring in this episode and the idea of him selling the plant doesn't sound like him unless he's dying which he wasn't. Maybe Burns/Smithers fans enjoy this episode, but this episode was just so boring but like I said it had excellent jokes so 3/5.
    Last edited by Teddy; 06-26-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries

great ep 5/5

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    My least favorite of season 3...
    How come?

Junior Camper

Truly a great classic era episode. Had it all -great characterization, great humor, great storyline. 5/5 and that's even without the Land of Chocolate scene, which would make me want to give the episode another 5 marks alone

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This episodes really emphasizes how improbable it is for Homer to have gotten and kept his job for so long, and how unrealistic the nuclear plant is (no nuclear plant in the United States would be run so poorly). And the rationale for Mr. Burns giving Homer his job back is unsatisfying. Also, how did Lenny get his normal face back? Despite that, this is a solid episode and I like the focus on Mr. Burns and Smithers. Also, the Germans are hilarious. 7/10

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love this episode. The jokes are funny, and Mr. Burn's reaction to the amount of money the Germans' are paying him is hilarious. 4/5.

Banned

Very enjoyable episode. 5/5, 9/10.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Very good, but not quite as good as the previous few episodes. Grade: A-

4/5

Good Episode, not one of Season 3's best, not one of the worst. Somewhere in the middle.

Blog Entries

There's so much to love about this episode. It might not be a masterpiece but its so much fun and is full of classic Simpsons moments. I always love how loveable and childlike Homer is in this episode. You hate the German's for firing him, even though they have every right to. I also really love the Burns and Smithers stuff. The ending in the bar is also very classic Simpsons. They could never have something as innocently enjoyable as Bart singing 'The Teddy Bears Picnic' to a bunch of drunkards today. The whole episode has a very comfy and easy-going pace that it probably could have gone on for an hour and I wouldn't have minded. Then there's the Land of Chocolate sequence. Do I even need to explain how much I love this part? Somehow they took such a ridiculous idea of a middle age man going into an odd, sugar-crazed fantasy and turned it into something truly amazing. Great animation, beautiful music and Homer at his giddiest, how can you not love him during this part? 4/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6apZ196Jo

I also find it amazing that even though this episode came out in 1991, the animation is still miles better than the crappy recreated scene in The Simpsons game = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKxjvpY-x5E

best of season 3 5/5

5/5, the story is handled beautifully, and there's plenty good moments like Bart having to go to Moe's Tavern right after he made a prank call.

7/10. The candy land gag alone bumped it up a point. Not a real strong story but it had its funny moments like homer and Bart imagining what to buy with the money.

"Ooooo, the Germans!"

Rather underrated actually. Though most of the reviews posted here are high, I still seldom see it mentioned. This is a fantastic episode in every aspect. It's one of the most "Season 2-ish" outings of Season 3, with an emphasis on grounded plot occurrences and development (though of course you can see the more surreal and "out-there" nature of Season 4 encroaching), oodles of subtle humour derived from the characters and their interactions, and very pure characterisations.

There are so many golden scenes and moments here. To pick just one, the interview between Homer and the Germans is definitely my favourite. How can you find that scene anything but hilarious and a perfect riff on real life? I could ramble for pages, so I'll stop now. A/A+

"You looken sharpen todayen, Menin Herr!"

Thread Information