View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of This Episode?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 : Kick Ass!

4 21.05%
  • 4/5 : Sweet

5 26.32%
  • 3/5: Meh

10 52.63%
  • 2/5 : D'oh!

0 0%
  • 1/5 or 0/5 : Does this thing suck or blow?

0 0%

Thread: Rate/Review South Park's Cancelled

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Crime Scene Investigator *Waylon Smithers*'s Avatar

Shocked Rate/Review South Park's Cancelled

I haven't seen a thread to review this episode, so here we go.

3/5
    It was pretty good, but all the repeating from previous episodes was interesting but kind of tiring. Kyle trying to stcik his finger up Cartman's ass over and over got old fast, but other than that the episode was fine. I liked that Kenny was back, but I kind of wish that he stayed in seclusion. The graphics were nice and the aliens were pretty cool.

Nuclear launch detected. Simpson Purist's Avatar

7.5/10

Pros
    -the return of the aliens and anal probe
    -Jeff Goldblum
    -the network executive aliens' sleazy lifestyle
    -taco that craps ice cream

Cons
    -lots of repeating gags (Contact, Kyle putting hand in Cartman's ass)
    -plot is uninspired (wow a parody of the Truman Show)

Otherwise, it's a good episode with some big laughs.

Blog Entries

Good season premiere. I liked the "Dukes of Hazzard" parody, along with the beginning (repeating the first episode). Kyle sticking the finger up Cartman's ass really got boring. So did the whole Contact parody thing (though the Taco that craps ice cream was really thought out). I like the fact that Earth was a reality show (and that our planet was 'cancelled'). By the way, WTF was up with that 3D earth (whenever the planet appeared on previous episodes, it was in the show's animation style) and the live-action footage (I understand it in the commercials, but elsewhere was just stupid). Did anyone notice that this WAS supposed to be the 100th episode (this is 704, the 100th produced episode, and with the quote about a show reaching 100 eps). I liked the alien executives drunk, and I didn't like the fact that Kenny DIDN'T DIE!! What the hell? I guess Comedy Central said to bring Kenny back, but Matt and Trey would settle just if wouldn't die anymore...4/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Hooray! Kenny didn't die! Although I couldn't really care less about Kenny's life (I'm a Butters fan myself), I actually predicted that would happen!

I really can't say much about the episode that hasn't been said yet. Cartman's fart prank was stupid, and it just kept going. I loved the Dukes of Hazzard spoof. And I enjoyed the beginning with the "repeat" stuff. But the last part with the alien execs got boring, and it didn't really help sum up the episode. They just followed them around, and just saved Earth at the end. Other than that it was okay.

Jumped The Shark

Very enjoyable episode, it felt like one from the earlier seasons, mainly because the beginning of the plot was a re-tread. The fart joke with Kyle and Cartman's ass went on so long that it became lame and then funny again to me. THe aliens were pretty funny and most of the parodies and jokes worked. Not an all-time classic, but a very solid 4/5.

It was okay, but didn't really match the greatness of anything from last season. It actually made me realize also that once I got use to Kenny being gone, I liked the show a lot more. So, Stone and Parker, KILL Kenny again!

The animation was actually just too good for South Park in this episode, which I didn't like. The Taco crapping ice cream was the best part of the episode. Second comes the 100th episode scene, with the two aliens doing weird shit. The rest of the episode was a bit too all-over-the-place and overall bland in terms of jokes. The Jeff Goldblum Independence Day parody thing was goof d though, but a bit overdone. Speaking of overdone, the farting scene with Kyle did not come off successfully like Stone and Parker had probably hoped. It got tired after 5 seconds, but dragged on for over a minute. Kind of like a Family Guy joke, but executed poorly. Speaking of Family Guy, this episode did the Dukes of Hazzard bit that FG covered awhile back, so this didn't get a laugh from me. Overall, some good stuff, but bad too. 3/5
    Signature.

slouching toward nirvana nathan's Avatar

8/10, I loved the Dukes of hazard parody and I still lauph my ass off when I think about the ice cream crapping taco.

Stonecutter

3/5. It was good to see Kenny again. The only funny moments for me were Missy Elliot, the crapping ice cream taco and the 2 aliens. "I can't believe you sucked my jaggon." or whatever.
    Last edited by Mr. Plow; 03-20-2003 at 07:04 PM.

3/5.

this probably woulda been a little below average in season 6. I kinda don't like kenny anymore. ID4 was good... the take on crappy reality tv shows and truman show. I didn't laugh a lot though... which is something south park got me doing in most episodes last season.

Atleast Kenny didn't die.
    I'm back.

I didn't even realize Kenny didn't die.
    I was waiting for it part-way through the ep, but forgot.
    I guess since he had that ultimate death, he can't have another one?
    Bringing him back was stupid. They should have just made up their minds and left him in the crypt. Besides, I liked the running storylines they had last year with Butters, Tweek and Bebe being replacement friends, and then Cartman having Kenny's soul in him.

Teaching Robots to Love Mr. Sparkle's Avatar

the morphin was the funniest part

Dynomite!!!

Great episode 5/5

Jumped The Shark

Originally posted by Tomacco
    I didn't even realize Kenny didn't die.
    I was waiting for it part-way through the ep, but forgot.
    I guess since he had that ultimate death, he can't have another one?
    Bringing him back was stupid. They should have just made up their minds and left him in the crypt. Besides, I liked the running storylines they had last year with Butters, Tweek and Bebe being replacement friends, and then Cartman having Kenny's soul in him.

My thoughts exactly, Kenny is okay, but anyone else they can put in his place end up being funnier because they can actually talk. Maybe Kenny should lose the hoodie and start talking and being a real part of the group, otherwise he is sorta pointless if he doesn't die or do something else new.

I didn't think it was as mediocre as you guys, but it still wasn't perfect. I thought the whole repeating " Cartman gets an anal probe " thing was hilarious, and the whole idea of earth really being a intergalatic radio show was hilarious. THe only part i didn't like was that the alien sex parts were just too weird. Nothing like what we saw on the last section of season 6, but still good.

4/5

Thread Information