Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons Illustrated

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

LungZ0fSteel

The Simpsons Illustrated

Does anyone else have any copys of this magazine? I think it was only made in Australia, i'm not wanting to trade or anything, just wondering cause I don't know anyone else who's got one.

It was released in the USA. I have a copy of all 11 issues made which includes the "Simpsons 1992 annual in 3D" and the "Simpsons Comics and Stories". I bought mine on ebay.

In fact, my Nohomers.net identity of biffwestwood was taken from the character of Biff Westwood in the final issue of that magazine dated Summer 1993. He is focused on in the comic strip "Kids in the Mall"

Blog Entries

a friend of mine found several issues at a yard sale and gave this one to me as a gift:

Blog Entries

One thing I must say is if you read a Simpsons Illustrated magazine, it will make you wish for a return to the Simpsons classic era.

Something bizzare they were known to do in this magazine was to give news on famous and not-so-famous people who have Simpson as their last name. If Simpsons Illustrated stayed in print for at least one more year (Summer of 1994), I would imagine they would have a huge amount of information on O.J. Simpson and his arrest and trial. Just the thought of that makes me cringe.

I reduced the collectors value of my issue no.1 by taking the mini poster out and hanging it in my room.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did some scans a few years ago: http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...ns+Illustrated
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

WTH'S MY GRILLED CHEESE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    Thanks for linking to that, hadn't seen that thread before. So that's where the whole thing about Marge's dad being killed in a 'freak rollercoaster accident' came from, I'd always wondered about that.

Blog Entries

oh wow I didn't notice! good eye

58 &probably the oldest NHCer D DEBBS's Avatar

Still have all of my issues! Bought them on subscription/Bookstar/Barnes and Noble back in the 1990's.

Blog Entries

I think I have them around somewhere.The Australian editions used to have weird Simpsons related news stories, like a man who got a large colour Bart Simpson tattooed on his dog's stomach, the reasoning was that if the dog got lost ,children would be drawn to the image of Bart Simpson and call the number tattooed below Bart and return the dog.

"went to pick up cigarettes" Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    I reduced the collectors value of my issue no.1 by taking the mini poster out and hanging it in my room.
    Oh my... someone as old as me!

The first Simpsons Illustrated was a premium that came with the purchase of Butterfinger multi-packs here in the US. (I remember getting mine VIVIDLY! The Butterfingers got thrown around the floorboard of the car as I tore open the package for the magazine! Screw the candy, right?)

It came with two inserts:
    A "genealogy" map of sorts that showed how all the characters were tied together.
    It also came with a Sprignfield Shopper that was very fun to read!

I still have my original tucked away somewhere... but I did buy a second mint copy from eBay a few years back.

And, yes... I took the poster out of my first one, and it graced my wall until I left home for college in 1996. Good memories, good memories.

I guess I'm scanning for a little bit here... gimmie some time, and I'll see if I can't get some images for you all.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 12-05-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    A "genealogy" map of sorts that showed how all the characters were tied together.
    ooh is it the same as the family tree from the uncensored family album?

Blog Entries

Man, it's hard to believe this is over 20 years old. Truly a trip back in time.

Here it is, in its entirety... the first issue of The Simpsons Illustrated!
    (Everything should be in the correct order. I will separate the images with "/". If you see that twice in a row, something hasn't loaded.)
    If it seems like every other pic is an ad... that's because it is.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Blog Entries

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/
    As a bonus, the front page of the Springfield Shopper that came with this issue!

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

The school survivial handbook. I remember reading that when I actually needed it, back in the fourth grade. That time seems so distant now. The people I've lost since then are nothing more than a memory. The person I've become... and the Simpsons fan I once was; it seems like the show defined my personality. Anywho, glad those years are over.

I think I would have preferred Simpsons Illustrated to Simpsons Comics. There's so much they could have done with it - an archive of Simpsons gold and information. The comics were cool, but just like the show in a way. SI was something else.

Blog Entries

Why did this biffwestwood insist on bumping a TEN year old thread instead of making a new one?

Never read any one of these, sorry. But MANY thanks to Tubb! for uploading issue 1. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Blog Entries

LOL! I didn't even notice this thread was ten years old!

And, you're welcome. It'll give some of the younger fans a chance to see what all the hubbub was about during the classic era. I mean, The Simpsons were EVERYWHERE. It truly was a phenomenon.

Blog Entries

Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't just assume just because I've never read them that I'm young. I was only, like, five when they came out and wasn't interested in them yet.

Blog Entries

thanks for the scans tubb! the text is too small to read in certain places though

but I find it funny that chief (?) inspector is on that diagram. yes, who could forget that guy

Blog Entries

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't just assume just because I've never read them that I'm young. I was only, like, five when they came out and wasn't interested in them yet.
    Not what I was going for there, HBW. I was simply saying that maybe some of the younger fans would like to look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    thanks for the scans tubb! the text is too small to read in certain places though

but I find it funny that chief (?) inspector is on that diagram. yes, who could forget that guy
    I know it's kind of hard to read , but it was a compromise of "size vs. upload time." This was the largest size I could get the pages to and not have to spend 24 hours uploading.

Notice how they put the TV in there... you know, just in case we couldn't identify it!
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 12-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was 15 when this issue came out and I still have it someplace.

That Strider ad for the Genesis is pure nostalgia.

Blog Entries

I was 15 when this issue came out and I still have it someplace.
    LOL, I was thirteen!

That Strider ad for the Genesis is pure nostalgia.
    A whole 8-megs! Remember when a 16-bit system was kick ass? Those were the days....

Blog Entries

Thanks for uploading these Tubb.I bought all of these issues but cant find them.

number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Simpsons Illustrated is back in January, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommer View Post
    Simpsons Illustrated is back in January, yo.
    The new incarnation of Simpsons Illustrated is going to feature previously published stories from Simpsons Comics and its spinoffs. It probably won't have any new comics or any Simpsons news.

Blog Entries

Wait, isn't that what Simpsons Classics is for?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Wait, isn't that what Simpsons Classics is for?
    From the looks of it, "Simpsons Classics" reprints two issues at a time with a $4 cover price, while "Simpsons Illustrated" will be more of a "normal-size" comic (the first issue appears to be a reprint of the main story in #75, plus a story from the original Simpsons Comics & Stories) with a $3 cover price.

I wouldn't be surprised if too many comic book sellers complained about the large size of Simpsons Classics, and how it probably didn't fit into their "normal" comic racks.

Blog Entries

That fucking sucks.

Blog Entries

I didn't realize until now that this thread is from 2001

Thread Information