Thread: Anti-Simpsons Family Guy fans

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Anti-Simpsons Family Guy fans

Hi everyone!. There's people that are Family Guy fans but also are The Simpsons haters, they love FG but hates Simpsons. Maybe they don't like the series anymore and prefer the Seth MacFarlane's cartoon. There are also former Simpsons fans that now are Family Guy fans, They were very bored by The Simpsons and preferred to watch FG. Now they prefer Peter Griffin more than Homer Simpson and prefer Stewie Griffin more than Bart Simpson. Those people says: "Family Guy Rules! The Simpsons sucks!". Family Guy has a style of black humor that is above The Simpsons, but well below South Park. At first it was said that FG was a rip-off of The Simpsons, but with the passage of time, it began to have a very different humor from that of Matt Groening's cartoon and now there's people saying that The Simpsons is now a rip-off of Family Guy, despite the show started in 1989, 10 years before FG, which started in 1999. Peter Griffin is a more irresponsible father than Homer Simpson. It's seriously, there are people who stopped watching The Simpsons to watch Family Guy. They got tired of Homer and his family and preferred to watch the Griffins. I'm neutral to Family Guy and I don't hate the Simpsons, but what is your opinion about those anti-Simpsons Family Guy fans?.
    Last edited by AnthonyNoHomers70100; 06-04-2021 at 07:47 AM.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: sandurt

Blog Entries

my opinion on them are that they rock. meanwhile fg haters and simpson lovers make me want to throw up
    i wish everybody i like a good day (i like everyone)

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like both Simpsons and Family Guy so I guess it's just their opinion.
    SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5, The Road to Cincinnati: 3/5, Sorry Not Sorry: 2/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: 1.5/5
    The Dad Feelings Limited: 4/5
    Diary Queen: 2.5/5, Wad Goals: 2.5/5, Yokel Hero: 2.5/5, Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars?: ?/5, Manger Things: 1.5/5, Uncut Femmes: 4/5
    Burger Kings: 2.5/5, Panic in the Streets of Springfield: 3.5/5,
    The Man From G.R.A.M.P.A: 2/5, Mother and Child Reunion: 2.5/5,
    The Last Bar-Fighter: 5/5
    SEASON OVERALL: ???/5

Blog Entries

Tribalism is nothing new. It used to be way worse back in the days when FG was rather new, now I don't hear much about either shows. Personally I don't care much for FG after its cancellation while I can still get some enjoyment with The Simpsons.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Both are shadows of their former selves and I've stopped watching them years ago.
    Having said that, peak Simpsons is so so much better than peak Family Guy. Peak Family Guy was just another funny show, peak Simpsons was one of the best shows in the history of television.
    But that also means the decline is much more noticeable in the Simpsons. Even if modern Simpsons isn't as bad as modern Family Guy the decline still feels bigger because the peaks were a lot higher.

I've noticed a strong preference for Family Guy over The Simpsons mostly among younger people, below age 25 or so. And honestly? I can't blame them. The Simpsons have been a complete snooze-fest for over 20 years now. Most people below a certain age, quite obviously, base their perception of the show just as much on those episodes produced during their lifetime as the classic seasons. Hench, in their experience, it's a show that will often bore you to tears.

Family Guy meanwhile have at least been able to deliver the bare minimum of what most people who watch the show watches it for; crude, politically incorrect humor and pop culture parodies.

Family Guy at its peak was a laugh, but it's nowhere near the level the Simpsons had at one point.

Blog Entries

I just can't comprehend why they wouldn't watch both.

Blog Entries

Anti-Simpsons family guy fans are just like SJWs
    They don't exist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sandurt View Post
    meanwhile fg haters and simpson lovers make me want to throw up
    You might want to get that checked.

Blog Entries

why

Thread Information