Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Season 33 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Exclamation Season 33 Information Thread

Oh, hello there, and welcome to the Season 33 Information Thread, where we keep track of news and information about the 2021-2022 season of The Simpsons. Keep in mind this information can change at any time.

• 6/7: Burns & Smithers loose ends; Ruth Powers makes a brief cameo in "The Wayz We Were"
    • 6/4: Kristen Bell guest starring; new title "YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!"
    • 5/28: Barney has a featured part in an episode
    • 5/27: Details on "A Made Maggie," "Pixelated And Afraid," and "The Longest Marge;" an episode featuring Brandine is in the works

To discuss episodes that have already aired, please check out our Rate & Review archive.

QABF16 - Treehouse of Horror XXXII

QABF17 - The Star of Backstage

QABF18 - Bart's in Jail!

QABF19 - The Wayz We Were

QABF20 - Lisa's Belly

QABF21 - A Serious Flanders (Part One)

QABF22 - A Serious Flanders (Part Two) (Cesar Mazariegos)
    • Showrun by Matt Selman. (Matt Selman)
    • Written by Cesar Mazariegos. (Michael Price)
    • Matthew Schofield of the animation team says the storyboard "was quite a challenge for us to pull off! Can't wait to see it animated!" (Twitter)

UABF01 - Portrait of a Lackey on Fire

UABF02 - Mothers and Other Strangers

UABF03 - A Made Maggie

UABF04 - Pixelated And Afraid

UABF05 - The Longest Marge

UABF06 - Boyz N The Highlands

UABF07 - YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!

• NFL host Scott Hanson guest-starring. (Scott Hanson)
    • The show has been renewed for seasons 33 & 34. (Fox Flash)
    • Al Jean is show-running at least 4 episodes for production season 33. (Al Jean, Disney+)
    • Matt Selman says they have 2 different episodes "where we time jump ahead to see the characters' unexpected futures" in the works, "sort of." (Matt Selman, Matt Selman)
    • An episode featuring Brandine is in the works. (Michael Price)
    • Barney has a featured part in an episode. (Michael Price)
    • Kristen Bell guest starring. (Matt Selman)
    • There's a big Smithers episode with a Burns subplot, and another episode where Burns and Marge share a storyline. Michael Price)
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 05-27-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter:

Please be courteous when contacting them!

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, Bohdan, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, SimpsonsWillGoOnForever, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, Trab Pu Kcip, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter (HomerFan1998), and everyone else who contributes over the next year!
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 05-24-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous threads updated with the latest information: 20thCenturyBox, 6F01, biffwestwood, Brad Lascelle, Blobulle, ComicBookGal, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, Matty, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, Rutherford, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, Szyslak100, That Don Guy, The B, WeaselStomper, Wile E. the Brain, that guy who pesters everyone on Twitter, and everyone else who contributes over the next year!
    The season will be the Shrek-iest , namely hope for only good from the franchise (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 02/03/21):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Marge and Homer Turn a Couple Play 18. 24 Minutes/Treehouse of Horror XVII 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Treehouse of Horror XIX 21. Chief of Hearts/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/The Kid Is All Right 26. Bart’s New Friend/Bull-E 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. Looking for Mr. Goodbart/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/No Good Read Goes Unpunished 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. The Way of the Dog/The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 12 > 20 > 21 > 10 > 27 > 17 > 24 > 15 > 18 > 13 > 26 > 14 > 29 > 19 > 31 > 25 > 28 > 30 > 16 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Also, Cesar Mazariegos has Twitter, and his Twitter name is CesarWeGetit

https://twitter.com/CesarWeGetIt

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohdan View Post
    The season will be the Shrek-iest , namely hope for only good from the franchise (good start of thread, btw)

Also, little notes to correct: 1) The B = me = Bohdan

2) several of these members weren't active for years (including S32 thread)

3) Megan Amram isn't in the show yet. She could be removed from that list and replaced by Rob Oliver (who joined Twitter in Oct'20)

4) John Kern's profile (muddyallen) isn't active
    1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 05-24-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5, The Road to Cincinnati: 3/5, Sorry Not Sorry: 2/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: 1.5/5
    The Dad Feelings Limited: 4/5
    Diary Queen: 2.5/5, Wad Goals: 2.5/5, Yokel Hero: 2.5/5, Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars?: ?/5, Manger Things: 1.5/5, Uncut Femmes: 4/5
    Burger Kings: 2.5/5, Panic in the Streets of Springfield: 3.5/5,
    The Man From G.R.A.M.P.A: 2/5, Mother and Child Reunion: 2.5/5,
    The Last Bar-Fighter: 5/5
    SEASON OVERALL: ???/5

Pin Pal SimpsonsWillGoOnForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    I like that Shrek font. Hopefully Season 33 will get off to a great start.

1) Done.

2) This is a collabritive list of NHCers who have contributed to the threads from recently, to years back. I'll try to add more, though it will be

3) I've added Rob Oliver on the list. However, even though shem might've left the show, I'll just keep Megan Arman on just in case if anyone objects to her removal.

4) As the account doesn't exist anymore, I've removed it off the list.
    Could you add Maggie Roswell and Hank Azaria to the Simpsons Cast and Crew who are on Twitter?

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Blog Entries

Done.

And Cesar Mazariegos as well?

Blog Entries

I've put him on there.

Good!

Junior Camper LetsPlayNintendoITA's Avatar

WOOO

Pin Pal SimpsonsWillGoOnForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Done.
    Thank you. (:

We're out of time.

Michael Price has seemingly left the show. Whether it's for good or temporary remains to be seen. We still have a final season of F is for Family in development. That commitment could be the reason.

But anyone who's seen The Last Barfighter ought to notice he wasn't in the opening credits. It's a first, after nearly 19 consecutive seasons.

EDIT: it's temporary. It was indeed the F is for Family schedule. He'll be back next year. And by next year, I mean this one. The upcoming production line.
    Last edited by jbauer; 05-24-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Not really season related, but interesting to watch
    Feel free to make a thread or use the The General Discussion Lounge for stuff that isn't season 33 related.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Blog Entries

can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Feel free to make a thread or use the The General Discussion Lounge for stuff that isn't season 33 related.
    I didn't know about it. Thanks, I moved it to there

(if you want, you can delete both my these-related posts from this thread)

What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!

Blog Entries

It's also a reference to the original 1974 film of the same name, however both can be accepted as title references.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HomerFan1998 View Post
    What's up guys? I just figured out that The Longest Marge is actually the reference to the 2005 film which is The Longest Yard. No joke!
    Err...
    The Longest Yard
    The Longest Ride
    The Longest Time
    The Longest Johns
    The Longest Line

There isn't any obviously in title pun here so far.

Remember "Three dreams Denied" - the pun was opened just after episode story revealed.

UPD. Wait a minute... I discovered Justin's "source" in braces, [made by himself]

New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
    September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
    September 26
    October 10
    October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
    November 7
    November 21
    November 28
    December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
    January 2
    January 9

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    New season thread? You know what that means...

Here is the list of Season 33 NFL regular season nationwide (well, Eastern and Central time zone-wide, anyway) lead-ins (and possible overruns past 8:00 Eastern):
    September 12 (okay, this is before Season 33 begins)
    September 26
    October 10
    October 31 (although this should be World Series Game 5 night, and Fox usually schedules repeats just in case the World Series ends in 4 games)
    November 7
    November 21
    November 28
    December 19 (although this should be a repeat)
    January 2
    January 9
    January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?

Jan 2nd can also be considered as "New Year celebration countination" (back to the present, we're in May still)

Blog Entries

January 2 is 99% a repeat. If you still doubt, answer the question: has ever the new episode aired on that date?
    There has never been an episode on that date. The only thing that Wikisimpsons listed as released on that date is a Bart & Co comic (in the UK, so nothing in the USA at all)

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

The death of satire OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And so we begin another year for the show...

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther;bt41182
    Can’t imagine having quotes turned off. I think I get a rush of dopamine whenever I get a notification.

ill join you oss

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.18.43 PM.jpghomer_simpson_s_socks_and_shoes_compilation_by_chrissalinas35_debodfs-fullview.jpgHomer Simpson Socks Episodes,Since Season 30.
    Since Season 31,Homer socks has last seen on Screenless,I'm wondering when will Homer's socks on his cuff pants will reappear again on Season 33 & 34 because Season 32 was an absence like since Warrin Priests 1&2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChristianSalinas3035; 05-25-2021 at 09:10 PM.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    can't wait for people to update this thread with "i asked al jean on twitter if episode UABBF28 contains a scene where homer screams at a turtle and he said he didn't know", and then provide a link to an already deleted tweet
    I hate to say this friz, but there WON'T be a UABF28, it's not gonna happen. Because there's only 16 more production episodes (not 22) left from the UABF production cycle that are yet to be revealed so far

Junior Camper LetsPlayNintendoITA's Avatar

friz was sarcastic i think

Yeah, sarcasm happens to some people sometimes, no offense! And I'm sorry for being off-topic here

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Here's to a new year of hilarious posts in this thread. It's already promising.

37. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Bohdan

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    Here's to a new year of hilarious posts in this thread. It's already promising.
    Oh? What else would be promising? Treehouse of Horror XXXII as well?

Thread Information