View Poll Results: Did you win, or did you lose?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: I didn't need to lose to win, this was all winning.

2 40.00%
  • 4/5: I lost a bit, but I won in the end.

2 40.00%
  • 3/5: You win some, you lose some.

0 0%
  • 2/5: I lost more than I won.

1 20.00%
  • 1/5: The episode needs to be called "When You Win (that if you are even winning), You Lose".

0 0%
    Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate And Review: "When You Lose, You Win" (Bless The Harts, 2BPJ17)

Season 2, Episode 20
    Original Airdate: May 9th, 2021
    Director: Seung Cha
    Plot: When the Harts are stuck inside on Violet’s rainy spring break, Jenny gets incredibly competitive about board games. Meanwhile, when trying to avoid her daughter’s competitive streak, Betty gets a ride-along in a cop car.

Previous R&R

The thread will be locked until 3 hours until the airing. When the 3 hours are up, the polls will be posted, so please don't post any fake reviews between the Unlocking and airing.

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

I enjoyed this, but my favourite part was the B-plot. I feel like that was a perfect place to direct the energy of a character like Betty.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

2/5 - I agree with @Smear-Gel; the subplot was better.

Did anyone else notice what seems to be a trend on TV, especially in animation - the spoken lines don't match the visual text? For example, in the Monopoly game, they mention Park Place and the Go To Jail space, but I saw them called something else (Go To Jail was Jury Duty on the screen). I'm a little surprised they could get away with showing the name "Monopoly" on the screen, although this could be allowed because of a lawsuit the trademark owners (I can't remember if Hasbro had bought out Parker Brothers yet or not) filed in which a judge ruled that the title itself of "Monopoly" was now in the public domain because the owners let too many other companies use it without any problem.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Smear-Gel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    2/5 - I agree with @Smear-Gel; the subplot was better.

Did anyone else notice what seems to be a trend on TV, especially in animation - the spoken lines don't match the visual text? For example, in the Monopoly game, they mention Park Place and the Go To Jail space, but I saw them called something else (Go To Jail was Jury Duty on the screen). I'm a little surprised they could get away with showing the name "Monopoly" on the screen, although this could be allowed because of a lawsuit the trademark owners (I can't remember if Hasbro had bought out Parker Brothers yet or not) filed in which a judge ruled that the title itself of "Monopoly" was now in the public domain because the owners let too many other companies use it without any problem.
    Monopoly is definitely in the public domain. But the mascot is a dog so that's probably how they got away with it.
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 1.5/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 1.5/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 3.5/5 - "7 Beer Itch" - 1.5/5 - "Podcast News" - 3.5/5 - "Three Dreams Denied" - 1.5/5 - "Road to Cincinnati" - 1.5/5 - "Sorry Not Sorry" - 3.5/5 - "A Springfield Summer Christmas" - 2/5 - "Dad-Feelings Limited" - 4/5 - "Diary Queen" - 3/5 - "Wad Goals" - 3/5 - "Yokel Hero" - 1.5/5 - "Do Pizzabots Dream of Electric Guitars" - 4/5 - "Manger Things" - 1.25/5 - "Uncut Femmes" - 3.75/5 - "Burger Kings" - 1/5

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "Last Supper" - 3.25/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 4/5 - "Pound Pinchers" - 4/5 - "McEntire Truth" - 3.5/5 - "Mega Lo Memories: Part Deux" - 4.75/5 - "Pumped" - 4/5 - "Invasion of the Potty Snatcher" - 3.5/5 - "Crappy Death Day" - 4/5 - "Big Pimpin'" - 3.75/5 - "The Dogchurian Candidate" - 4/5 - "Trollin' With The Homies" - 4/5 - "Nose Bud" - 3.25/5 - "Dance Dance Resolution" - 3.75/5 - "Easter's 11" - 2.75/5 - "Hot Tub-tation" - 3.5/5

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5 - "Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School" - 4.5/5 - "Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids" - 4.75/5 - "Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid" 3.5/5 - "Terminalator: Terminals of Endearment" - 4/5 - "Mommy Boy" - 3.5/5 - "Yachty or Nice" - 3.5/5 - "Romancing the Beef" - 3.75/5 - "Die Card, or Card Trying" - 3.75/5 - "An Incon-Wheelie-ent Truth" - 4/5 - "Mr. Lonely Farts" - 3.5/5 - "Sheshank Redumption" - 3.75/5 - "Y Tu Tina Tambien" - 2.75/5 - "Fingers-loose" - 4.25/5

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3.5/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 0.5/5 - "Cutawayland" - 2.5/5 - "La Famiglia" - 0.5/5 - "Meg's Wedding" - 1.5/5 - "Wild Wild West" - 3.5/5 - "Pawtucket Pat" - 1.5/5 - "First No L" - 1/5 - "Fecal Matters" - 2/5 - "Boy's Best Friend" - 3/5 - "And Then There's Fraud" - 1/5 - "PeTerminator" - 3/5 - "The Marrying Kind" - 3/5 - "Customer of the Week" - 2.75/5 - "Who's Brian Now?" - 1.75/5

Great North ratings: - "Sexi Moose Adventure" - 4/5 - "Feast of Not People Adventure" - 4/5 - "Avocado Barter Adventure" - 4.5/5 - "Romantic Meat-Based Adventure" - 4/5 - "Curl Interrupted Adventure" - 3/5 - "Pride & Prejudice Adventure - 4.75/5 - "Period Piece Adventure" - 3/5 - "Keep Beef-lievin' Adventure" - 4.5/5

Solar Opposites S2 ratings: "The Sacred Non-Repeating Number" - 4/5 - "The Earth Eraser" - 4/5 - "The Lake House Device" - 4.25/5 - "The Emergency Urbanizer" - 4.5/5 - "The Rad-Awesome Terrific Ray" - 4/5 - "The Apple Pencil Pro" - 3/5 - "The Unlikely Demise of Terry's Favorite Shot Glass" - 4.75/5 - "The Solar Opposites Almost Get an Xbox" - 4.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Monopoly is definitely in the public domain. But the mascot is a dog so that's probably how they got away with it.
    The title "Monopoly" is in the public domain, but the specifics - the property names, and the text on the Chance and Community Chest cards, for example - are not. Otherwise, anyone could make a copy of Monopoly exactly like the Hasbro one. You can make a game with Monopoly's rules and mechanics, as long as you change the names.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The title "Monopoly" is in the public domain, but the specifics - the property names, and the text on the Chance and Community Chest cards, for example - are not. Otherwise, anyone could make a copy of Monopoly exactly like the Hasbro one. You can make a game with Monopoly's rules and mechanics, as long as you change the names.
    I think using the title was okay but they changed everything else so it was okay.

seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar

I really liked this one, the sass from David who was 100% done with Jenny being allowed to win, Jenny's off the cuff rhyming, the scene with the kids playing air foosball, Betty analyzing the cop and finding him cute (plus her going on a date with him at the end), and the sweet reveal of why Betty let Jenny win at games. Ed Hart's been mentioned before, but I think this was our first visual sighting of him? And little Jenny's designs were cute, you can tell she's related to Violet without her younger self being identical to little Vi, It was me and Johnny's favorite show of the night, and we're bummed it didn't get renewed.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    I really liked this one, the sass from David who was 100% done with Jenny being allowed to win, Jenny's off the cuff rhyming, the scene with the kids playing air foosball, Betty analyzing the cop and finding him cute (plus her going on a date with him at the end), and the sweet reveal of why Betty let Jenny win at games. Ed Hart's been mentioned before, but I think this was our first visual sighting of him? And little Jenny's designs were cute, you can tell she's related to Violet without her younger self being identical to little Vi, It was me and Johnny's favorite show of the night, and we're bummed it didn't get renewed.
    Who's Johnny?

seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar

Who's Johnny?
    My boyfriend. 😊❤️

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    My boyfriend. ��❤️
    Awesome glad he watches animation domination with you. I’m sad the show wasn’t renewed either and don’t think Housebroken will be as good. Lot of poop and vomit jokes already.

Agreed with it being the best of the night, this was a pretty weak night outside of Harts for me. The Family Guy episode almost made me consider dropping the show, and im finally starting to see why some people call The Great North boring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smear-Gel View Post
    Agreed with it being the best of the night, this was a pretty weak night outside of Harts for me. The Family Guy episode almost made me consider dropping the show, and im finally starting to see why some people call The Great North boring.
    So what would you add to the poll?

So what would you add to the poll?
    Decided on a 4, though I didnt think too hard on the specific number, I enjoyed both plots, my main issue being that it's unrealistic Jenny wouldnt know that they're obviously changing the rules to let her win.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was pretty decent, on par with last week's. I'm also going for a 4/5 for the poll. Really liked the B plot in this.
    SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5, The Road to Cincinnati: 3/5, Sorry Not Sorry: 2/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: 1.5/5
    The Dad Feelings Limited: 4/5
    Diary Queen: 2.5/5, Wad Goals: 2.5/5, Yokel Hero: 2.5/5, Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars?: ?/5, Manger Things: 1.5/5, Uncut Femmes: 4/5
    Burger Kings: 2.5/5, Panic in the Streets of Springfield: 3.5/5,
    The Man From G.R.A.M.P.A: 2/5, Mother and Child Reunion: 2.5/5,
    The Last Bar-Fighter: 5/5
    SEASON OVERALL: ???/5

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal

I enjoyed this. Both plots were entertaining. Seeing the characters actually be in the game was cool. I'm glad that Jenny understood why Betty let her win and they had a touching moment. Speaking of Betty, I loved how she brings down criminals and ends up with the cop at the end. 5.5

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Blog Entries

I gave it a B+ so I guess 4/5 for me too.

Thread Information