View Poll Results: Was the new Mayor West a hoot?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

1 20.00%
  • 4/5

3 60.00%
  • 3/5

0 0%
  • 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5

0 0%
  • 0/5

1 20.00%

Thread: R&R Family Guy "Wild Wild West" KACX08

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy "Wild Wild West" KACX08

QUAHOG GETS A NEW MAYOR ON AN ALL-NEW "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, ON FOX

Sam Elliott Guest-Voices

Lois and Peter are divided by differing views on who the next Mayor of Quahog should be. Upset at Lois' first choice, Peter seeks out the late Mayor Adam West's cousin, Wild Wild West (guest voice Sam Elliott), in the all-new "Wild Wild West" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Nov. 22 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1808) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 1.5/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 1.5/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 3.5/5 - "7 Beer Itch" - 1.5/5 - "Podcast News" - 3.5/5 - "Three Dreams Denied" - 1.5/5 - "Road to Cincinnati" - 1.5/5 - "Sorry Not Sorry" - 3.5/5 - "A Springfield Summer Christmas" - 2/5 - "Dad-Feelings Limited" - 4/5

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "Last Supper" - 3.5/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 4/5 - "Pound Pinchers" - 4/5 - "McEntire Truth" - 3.5/5 - "Mega Lo Memories: Part Deux" - 4.75/5 - "Pumped" - 4/5 - "Invasion of the Potty Snatcher" - 2.75/5

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5 - "Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School" - 4.5/5 - "Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids" - 4.5/5 - "Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid" 3.5/5 - "Terminalator: Terminals of Endearment" - 4/5 - "Mommy Boy" - 3.5/5 - "Yachty or Nice" - 3.5/5

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3.5/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 0.5/5 - "Cutawayland" - 2.5/5 - "La Famiglia" - 0.5/5 - "Meg's Wedding" - 1.5/5 - "Wild Wild West" - 3.5/5 - "Pawtucket Pat" - 1.5/5 - "First No L" - 1/5

Great North ratings: - "Sexi Moose Adventure" - 4/5

Has a cooking pan on his head Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be the first one to say that it was the best in years. They didn't mess the ending as bad as other episodes, it just felt like nearly a classic FG episode. It was pretty good stuff, and I would give it, in modern FG turns, a downright full marks.

5/5.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/Love Is A Many Strangled Thing, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Last Traction Hero, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/The 7 Beer Itch.

SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON SO FAR
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5, The Road to Cincinnati: 2.5/5, Sorry Not Sorry: 2/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: 1.5/5
    The Dad Feelings Limited: 4/5
    Diary Queen: ?/5

impossible for a family guy or simpson episode to get a 5/5

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Blog Entries

Wild Wild West

Hey this was surprisingly pretty good. There were some dumb stuff like the Hitler joke, how Wild West can levitate or Peter telling Wild West how many men he's killed according to reddit, but the twist doesn't derail the episode and it ended overall quite nicely. Peter has good tastes as he did enjoy the Jasmine Oolong tea. I also liked seeing him play with the moving mustaches and his relatable hand writing. I laughed more than the Simpsons tonight and it stuck with one plot, which I like about modern Family Guy. There also were no cutaways. I usually don't give FG a good score but this was the best of the season, slightly better than Talented Mr. Stewie. More like this please and less like La Famiglia, and I might start caring for FG again.

3.5/5, and a generous 4 for the poll.
    Last edited by orangemo; 11-23-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) I was hoping for Mayor Burt Ward. Nice to finally acknowledge Adam West as Batman.

2) No outrage over the "Hi, Elle Hitler" line?

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal

I was surprised at how good this was. I enjoyed seeing Sam Elliot levitating and winning over the people of the town. The little mustaches were also funny. That lady with the Hitler name was funny and I hope she comes back again. Even the ending was good. A 5 is what it gets.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

This was probably the best episode so far this season. For once, it actually felt like they were telling a story and things moved at a faster pace than usual. I think Sam Elliott was a great choice as the new mayor, another over-the-top character that fits in perfectly with the Family Guy universe. I also like how that joke about Wild West levitating actually came back later and served a purpose in the plot. It wasn't just some random bit that stays there like a lot of the show's jokes lately. 3/5

Junior Camper

I'm so dissatisfied with Family Guy that I only watched this today after remembering randomly that another episode might be out. I used to watch them as soon as they were available. Differently from before however, I decided to read the thread here to see the reviews before I bothered. Because the reviews were so good, I dived in so to speak. Frankly, I'm astonished at all the positive reviews for this.

The election subplot wasn't in the remotest bit interesting and lazily ended with Wild West winning. We had some rehashed jokes of 'men bad because they start wars' and 'women make better leaders'. The whole episode felt like a worship of Sam Elliott (literally who? I only know him from Mask with Cher in it and even then I had to look him up). Yuck at the ending where all the characters are sitting in awe of him playing some shitty country song.

We got yet another old chestnut in the form of Lois finding another man attractive and then Peter turning against him because of it like with Jerome. The moustache animals thing was too obvious and not in the remotest bit funny. We also had another revoltingly tasteless joke with Bruce.

The only mildly amusing bit was when Wild West was doing Meg's voicemail message, which in itself is another old chestnut of the form 'haha isn't Meg ugly and disgusting'.

This was standard cruddy modern FG struggling for ideas and no different from the rest of the rubbish put out by Seth the plagiarist in recent years.
    Last edited by edwithmj; 11-28-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Pin Pal

I agree with you edwithmj on the tired Meg bashing joke. We could have done without that.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    For once, it actually felt like they were telling a story and things moved at a faster pace than usual.
    That can likely be attributed to how there weren't any cutaways (which I didn't even notice until afterwards), making it clear that more emphasis was put into the story instead of placing it on the backburner like usual.

Very late to the party on this one, but yeah not much more that I can add other than this episode has it all regarding the rare good modern FG episode. A plot that you can get behind once we've actually gotten to the meat of it, is funny throughout and for once an act 4 scene that isn't a unfunny pointless steaming piece of shit!

If there's one thing I do have to complain about though is how you couldn't really get behind Peter in the final act because it's clear that he dragged Lois to Wild West's farm to have her get turned on by him as a way to get her on his side. So the fact that he turns on him and wants to sabotage his campaign because of that just makes him look like a hypocritical manchild the same way he did in Roasted Guy for getting upset at his own roast when the episode implied that he knew full well what a roast was and even went as far as to tell his friends to "Leave no punches!". That said, Peter turning into the Designated Hero in the final act wasn't as problematic as it was in that episode but still.

3.5/5, 4 for the poll.
    Family Guy Season 19 Ratings - Stewie's First Word: 1.5/5 The Talented Mr. Stewie: .5/5 Boys & Squirrels: 0/5 Cutawayland: 1.5/5 La Famiglia Guy: 0/5 Meg's Wedding: 1.5/5 Wild Wild West: 3.5/5 Pawtucket Pat: 1.5/5 The First No L: 1.5/5 Fecal Matters: .5/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: 0/5 First, Do No Farm: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 The Old Country: 0/5 Businessly Brunette: .5/5 The Chilly Thrillies: 1/5 Dammmm, Stan: 1.5/5 The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler: 0/5 300: 0/5 Yule. Tide. Repeat: 1.5/5

Thread Information