Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate & Review: "Three Dreams Denied" (QABF02)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Writers, for the last time, 8 YEAR OLD CHILDREN WHO HAVE ONLY BARELY STARTED LEARNING MULTIPLICATION DO NOT HAVE SEXUAL ATTRACTIONS TO BOYS THEIR AGE WHO SOUND LIKE A 30 YEAR OLD MAN.
    Lisa was sexually attracted to Blake?
    SEASON 32 GRADES

Undercover Burns - 3/5 / I, Carumbus - 4/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1.5/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - 1/5 / Podcast News - 4/5
    Three Dreams Denied - 2.5/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - ?/5 / Sorry Not Sorry - ?/5
    A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas - ?/5

Terrible episode, but at least I finished it unlike some of the other episodes this season.

Too many underdeveloped plots. Like...what even happened? What was the message each plot was trying to convey? Awful.

1/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Postmodern Maggie's Magnum Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elf Girl View Post
    What was the message each plot was trying to convey? Awful.

1/5
    It's all in the title.

About Ben, I don't mind boys being voiced by men in shows like “Codename: Kids Next Door”, but it just feels wrong in “The Simpsons”, a show that’s supposedly grounded in reality.

Anyways, the best word to describe this episode is disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda Fanboy View Post
    Anyways, the best word to describe this episode is disjointed.
    And by that, I mean that it felt like three random stories were just intertwined together. Were these three stories just scrapped ideas for episodes that the writers eventually decided to make into an episode because they didn't know what else to do?

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Sometimes says something Jerry P.'s Avatar

Also did anyone else notice when watching it last night that instead of starting with the Simpsons chorus, it cut right to the couch gag (as in it faded in abruptly)?
    It must have been a problem with your local network. The title has pilgrim Chief Wiggum in a hot air balloon shooting at a flying turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P. View Post
    It must have been a problem with your local network. The title has pilgrim Chief Wiggum in a hot air balloon shooting at a flying turkey.
    Yeah, I watched the Hulu version to confirm my suspicions. I feel like my local network just extended the ads to make extra cash.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

About Ben, I don't mind boys being voiced by men in shows like “Codename: Kids Next Door”, but it just feels wrong in “The Simpsons”, a show that’s supposedly grounded in reality.
    I prefer it when they have kids to voice kid characters in animated series. For both boy and girl characters, I like it when they at least find an adult who can more or less perfectly sound like the character's supposed age (which is naturally often much easier for actresses than for actors), but it seems so often that modern 'Simpsons' just doesn't really care and just cast celebs who uses their normal speaking voice, such as this time which was really distracting with Ben Platt as Blake.

I do have minor issues with shows not having adult voice actors altering their voice to sound like kids (even 'Gravity Falls') but I feel that 'Simpsons' has a much bigger problem with it. I give extra credit to shows that put effort into casting kids for appropriate roles (for instance in 'Amphibia' & 'The Loud House') and I wish that 'Simpsons' would do it too more often if they cannot get guest stars who can pull off a suitable voice.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-24-2020 at 01:30 AM.
    Undercover Burns - 3/5 / I, Carumbus - 4/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1.5/5 / Treehouse Of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - 1/5 / Podcast News - 3.5/5 / Three Dreams Denied - 2/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - TBD / Sorry Not Sorry - TBD / A Springfield Summer Christmas For Christmas - TBD

IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 03/08/20):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. 24 Minutes/Stop, Or My Dog Will Shoot! 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. The Squirt and the Whale/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. TBA/TBA
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 27 > 21 > 9 > 20 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 10 > 12 > 15 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 14 > 19 > 28 > 16 > 30 > 23 > 11 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Blog Entries

The ratings came early today. At least I'm glad they got no. 1 again
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 11-24-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/Love Is A Many Strangled Thing, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Last Traction Hero, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/The 7 Beer Itch.

SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON SO FAR
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5
    The Road to Cincinnati: ?/5, Sorry Not Sorry: ?/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: ?/5

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

The first thing I do when an episode airs in the U.S. is looking at your ratings. I believed this was going to be as bad as The Seven Beer Itch. I had thinking to finish my review saying it was the third dream denied this season. But, eh. Although I thought it was a flawed and messy episode, I enjoyed it more than you guys, evidently.

The A-plot was pretty much the typical storyline centered on Comic Book Guy, charged with a large number of references to superhero movies and comics whether in the dialogues or the background. Some of them were quite funny for me, and that's a hit taking into account I am unfamiliar with this kind of content. My favorite one has to be Comic Book Guy confusing a random bald man in a wheelchair with Professor X. I also liked the visual joke of lost Robins. Some of the disguises of people in Comicalooza were amusing too, especially those that correlate to the series itself. I could identify Kang and Kodos and The Fat in the Hat only in the epilogue. Comic Book Guy's disguise was okay, although I agree with @John95 that the movements of Octopus' arms were just weird. Fortunately, those didn't play a big role in the episode and they were only a source for a few jokes, so I will let it pass despite the unrealism. Beyond the inexhaustible source of meticulous and eye-catching references, the rest of this story was quite much overlooked. Even if it's evident because we know the character, they skipped any explanation for the desire of Comic Book Guy to go to Comicpalooza. Later, the necessity of writing the best. question. ever. to work in Marvel and decide the fate of Avengers was clearly a superficial and dumb conflict. And the resolution with Ralph in his store was just bizarre and cringeworthy. But somehow, they managed to make this part quite tolerable. The bunch of visual jokes and the silly conflict of Comic Book Guy – accompanied by a terrific performance of Hank Azaria – appealed to me enough, although I would have appreciated a grounded conflict with a less extrovert ending to definitely care about this instead of watching it as a trivial story with its enjoyable moments.

The B-plot was the weakest part of the episode by a huge margin. The romantic interest of Lisa should have been removed. Not modified, not condensed. This story is out of place because the others are related to the world of television and this one isn't. This story is less attractive because it presents an unoriginal plotline unlike the other two. This story is problematic because it feels like a filling of an episode that does not need filling. I wouldn't have had any issue if they reserved this for another episode, but here, it just doesn't work. The chemistry between Lisa and Blake was magnified. She just barely know him and immediately fell in love with him. Is Lisa that desperate and alone? Anyway, it seems to be another romantic story where Lisa finds her soulmate who has the same passion for jazz as her, but it turned out to be another failed adventure where the boy has second intentions, on this occasion... Occupy the first chair in the school's band? Ugh, so dumb. Their interactions don't transmit anything. Maybe I should bring back the basic guide to write a love story I shared in my review of The Seven Beer Itch... The character design of Blake is weird: his blue eyes (ridiculously employed here to emphasize he is the villain) contrast a lot, and his adult voice simply doesn't fit in a kid. There were some things I liked here: the pathetic and uncomfortable appearance of Milhouse, the creative gag of musical notes showed when Lisa and Blake played together, and although it's unrelated to Blake, I enjoyed the ending, where Lisa finds her vocation and decides to play to everyone for free.

In the C-plot, Bart starts to work as a voice actor. That was a promising idea with clear potential, even if the antecedent of The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show is practically unbeatable. Another exploration of the voice acting industry is more than worthy. The conception of this adventure of Bart is different enough to establish comparisons, which is a point in favor. However, most of this originality and smart conception of this story was wasted caused by a lack of time to present something inventive and eye-catching. Without the B-plot, this could have been a truly satisfying plot but it is forgettable instead. To be fair, even if abridged, it was the best-written plot with at least a clever plot-twist. The formulation of the conflict was clever: Bart gives voice to a girl and has problems in the school with the bullies for that. I laughed at the quote of Jimbo: do you identify as him or her? to kill it with a "get him!". That was a great scene. Phil was a likable character with his performed voices, I laughed with the meta-joke of Bart imitating Nelson and swearing he can imitate Todd too. I liked a lot the characterization of Bart, feeling ashamed of himself for voicing a girl, presuming his role of moneymaker to Homer. Lisa was greater here than in her entire story. I loved her piece of advice to her brother. That deep connection between Bart and Lisa must never be lost. I loved the universe of Cookie Castle. It gives me vibes of Equalia, and that's unique. The clumsy and the bloody scenes were great, I would have loved to watch more of this program. I appreciate it has a happy ending in the story-arc with the bullies, but I can not praise the open ending. But for what it's worth, this was truly a nice subplot.

The original title of this episode was The Voice Actor's Apprentice. Evidently, the writers adopted a different perspective, adding more plots to the detriment of Bart's new job, which was by far the story with the most potential of the three, and so trying to give a thematic that connects all three stories: dreams denied. However, they clearly failed in that aspect. The presumed resemblance was absent and each story was disjointed to each other. The writing was quite mediocre here. Danielle Weisberg disappointed me. It could have been engaging and interesting with Bart's story as the main plot and Comic Book Guy's as the subplot, instead of starting the former near to the ending of the second act. I was wanting to watch more of Bart, more of Cookie Castle. Seriously, with better writing, we could have talked about a modern classic, but whatever. They should have included Kumiko too. I am tired they ignore the character. Why did they present her if they will get rid of her always? I also want to mention what is a little detail, but I get mad at the Marvel/Avengers references when the show created a parody of them a season ago (Marble/Vindicators) and we even saw the poster of the fictitious movie in the episode. They must decide if they go with parodies or with real names, but both can not co-exist. More random and insignificant notes: I loved the callback to Thanksgiving of Horror in the intro, with Wiggum shooting a turkey. I adored to watch Maggie playing brokerfinger with her pacifier in the scenes of dreams, and I adored her surrealistic dream too.

Geez, this could have been a beautiful episode in many ways. The errors they committed in the writing were avoidable, and the ways to solve them are clear. More of Bart, less of Lisa. I want to give it a 2/5 because it let me down, but it was not bad for me. It could have been better, but it wasn't bad.

3/5
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - 4/5 / I, Carumbus - 5/5
    Now Museum, Now You Don't - 2/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The Seven Beer Itch - 1/5
    Podcast News - 4/5 / Three Dreams Denied - 3/5
    The Road to Cincinnati - ?/5 / Sorry Not Sorry - ?/5 / A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas - ?/5

Wears sneakers for sneaking Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Szyslak100, I’ve said this a few times, but Al Jean said in the commentary for Husbands and Knives that they use parody names when the item is featured prominently in the episode and real names when it’s just a small appearance.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

@Financial Panther Yeah, I am aware of that, one of those few times you said it to me, I guess. But lately, they name the franchises in both ways in the same episode. Here, Comic Book Guy wants to decide the fate of Avengers, but you can see a poster of Vindicators. Both are not supposed to co-exist. Do you get what I mean? Or Comic Book Guy says he wants to decide the fate of Vindicators, or he doesn't have a poster of Vindicators. But not both of them in the same episode. MyTube and Youtube were named at least three times each one in The Winter of Our Monetized Content. They shouldn't. We have had parody names in small appearances and real names in prominent ones, so tha rule might be repealed.

Furthermore, I guess the problem appears because they make lazy parodies, like Mytube, Mapple, or Oogle. If Springfield would have its own video sharing, its own enterprise of phones, and its own navigator, then these discrepancies would never exist, as never exist with cartoons, beers, and mini-markets. I would like it if Vindicators is a recurring thing in the show, like Itchy & Scratchy, Duff, or Kwik-E-Mart, and each time they want to reference Avengers, they use Vindicators.

Wears sneakers for sneaking Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, I didn’t realize Avengers and Vindicators were both part of the latest episode. Yeah, I think it should probably be consistent in the same episode.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

@Szyslak100, nice to read you opinion on the episode. Even though I didn't like it as much as you, I must say you do make some good points .

While the Bart plot was my favorite (and the gender identification joke got a chuckle out of surprise, even though it wa kinda nonsensical, ruined the previous Lisa bit and sent Bart back to be depressed), I must give some credit to the Comic Book Guy plot for some nice bits despite the silly, thin plot and cheap ending (It did have too many sign and sight gags going on to the point of clutter, but here and there there were some decent moments, such as CBG turning down a job at DC Comics like it was worth nothing. One detail I found a little amusing was that the winning question in the Marvel contest was about Superman, a DC character. Didn't really think of that until afterwards).

Avengers & Vindicators co-existing on the show is really lazy, though. Why not just use the Vindicators and state that Marvel created those instead of the Avengers the show's universe? Yet another inconsistency of a parody product and the real-life thing both appearing on the show (such as Funtendo Zii & Nintendo Wii).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

It's an insignificant appearance, to be fair. Comic Book Guy has a publication with Chinnos on the cover page before Ralph entered his store. I shouldn't bother but I think Vindicators, unlike Oogle or Funtendo Zii, have a solid conception to be part of the Simpsons universe and replacing the real mark.

@CousinMerl, well, I am not a fan of this episode either. I just find good bits among the mediocrity to reward this with a 3. But it's not a good one. I think if Bart's story was stretched and Comic Book Guy's story was rewritten to give more impact to the conflict and conclusion, this could have been a great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    It's an insignificant appearance, to be fair. Comic Book Guy has a publication with Chinnos on the cover page before Ralph entered his store. I shouldn't bother but I think Vindicators, unlike Oogle or Funtendo Zii, have a solid conception to be part of the Simpsons universe and replacing the real mark.
    I saw the Chinnos front cover on the magazine too, by the way. I also like the concept of the parody names and objects (lazy or not) and I usually prefer those over the real thing appearing on the show without any changes or differences, but the inconistencies bother me relatively little compared to some that takes these inconsistencies it more or less seriously.

I still do find it kinda shoddy with the flip-flopping, even though I understand the point of the show going with one or the other depending on if the plot calls for just a reference by name only or full visual spoofs, etc. Also, I guess the Comic Book Guy plot here was sorta meant to be a potpourri or nerd jokes and comic book/film references so in this instance I was okay with the inconsistencies.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-24-2020 at 03:49 PM.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

The Simpsons - 3DD full review; I did not like it

1.5/5 rounded to 2
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 2/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 2/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 3.5/5 - "7 Beer Itch" - 2/5 - "Podcast News" - 3.5/5 - "Three Dreams Denied" - 1.5/5 - "Road to Cincinnati" - TBA - "Sorry Not Sorry" - TBA - "A Springfield Summer Christmas" -
    TBA

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "Last Supper" - 3.5/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 4/5 - "Pound Pinchers" - 4/5 - "McEntire Truth" - 3.5/5 - "Mega-Lo-Memories 2" - 5/5 - "Pumped" - TBA - "Invasion of the Potty Snatcher" - TBA

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5 - "Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School" - 4.5/5 - "Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids" - 4.5/5 - "Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid" 3.5/5 - "Terminalator: Terminals of Endearment" - TBA - "Mommy Boy" - TBA - "Yachty or Nice" - TBA

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3.5/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 0.5/5 - "Cutawayland" - 2.5/5 - "La Famiglia" - 0.5/5 - "Meg's Wedding" - 1.5/5 - "Wild Wild West" - 3.5/5 - "Pawtucket Pat" - TBA - "First No L" - TBA

Fox stop-motion christmas special: - TBA

Great North ratings:

Duncanville S2 ratings:

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    PRELIMS:

Thanks to the Football boost, The Simpsons recorded a 1.5 rating with 4.682 million viewers tuning in

Of course, being straight after the NFL, it was once again the Number 1 rated animated tv show for the week!
    Once again, Green Bay Simpsons Delayers -1, DVRs - Zip!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post

The Simpsons - 3DD full review; I did not like it

1.5/5 rounded to 2
    Perhaps you didn't hear me. I said that the episode title is probably a parody/reference to "Montage of a Dream Deferred" by Langston Hughes, whose verse says:

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
    like a raisin in the sun?
    Or fester like a sore—
    and then run?
    Does it stink like rotten meat?
    Or crust and sugar over—
    like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
    like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeldeb82 View Post
    Perhaps you didn't hear me. I said that the episode title is probably a parody/reference to "Montage of a Dream Deferred" by Langston Hughes, whose verse says:

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
    like a raisin in the sun?
    Or fester like a sore—
    and then run?
    Does it stink like rotten meat?
    Or crust and sugar over—
    like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
    like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?
    I didn't see it