Thread: Most boring (not necessarily worst) episode you've seen?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Most boring (not necessarily worst) episode you've seen?

What episode do you think is the most boring, bland, or humorless you've seen? Not necessarily offensive or bad, but just bland, dull or forgettable? Marge the Lumberjill or Singing In The Lane come to mind for me. Even The Greatest Story Ever D'ohd gave me more laughs and amusement.

Wears sneakers for sneaking Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Color Yellow. Zero laughs or even smiles throughout. Almost fell asleep the forst time I saw it.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar

Canine Mutinity
    Undercover Burns - 3/5 \ I, Carumbus 4.5/5

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Couldn't laugh at Lisa The Drama Queen at all.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

I really can't pick one.. 90% of the episodes in the last 10 years have been boring to me.

Junior Camper

probably something from season 17. "marge's son poisoning", "the last of the red hat mamas" and "bart has two mommies" come to mind. those episodes were like, painfully slow and uninteresting.

Blog Entries

Homer's Paternity Coot: Nobody gives a shit - the writers don't care, the characters don't care, the audience doesn't care because obviously Homer's dad is the guy who looks like him - so it's very much just going through the motions and filling up time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandurt View Post
    The Canine Mutiny
    What on earth. I love that episode.

Moe Goes From Rags To Riches. It's also very, very close to being the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Anything from Season 1 really.

Can never get into any of the episodes and at least Zombie Simpsons keeps me interested in their dull or disappointing episodes

Blog Entries

I don't understand how anyone can find season 1 so boring that the godawful HD Jean seasons look preferable.

I get not finding those episodes as funny as those from later seasons (even then in my opinion they are actually very funny, much more so than given credit for), but they are undoubtably very fascinating and historically interesting to watch and talk about. Honestly, how will dull and disappointing HD episodes give us anything of value? All they are is a waste of time and I immediately feel worse after watching them.

Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar

1 has classics like "Bart The General" "There's No Disgrace Like Home" Krusty Gets Busted" "Bart The Genius" "Moaning Lisa" and "Life On The Fast Lane" those are all good ones

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The OSSist

I don't think season 1 is boring at all either. Homer's Odyssey was probably the most boring from that season but it still has a more interesting story than 99% of HD era episodes.

Blog Entries

There was only really Homer's Odyssey that was boring, and Some Enchanted Evening and Call Of The Simpsons were sub-par, but the rest were funny.

Season 1 is fantastic. Yes, it's the weakest of the first 8 seasons but it's fantastic nontheless and much better than any double digit season.

People have mentioned Canine Mutiny and I would agree it's probably one of the most boring and mediocre episodes in the classic era. But there's no way it's the most boring of the show as a whole.

I would say Politically Inept with Homer Simpson, that episode is just awful, it's background noise.

Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson is so awful, dull, boring, and forgettable that I could not remember it for the thread. Great call ManuelMaiden95[/I].

Others that come to mind –and thereby are not as awful as the inept episode– are Clown in the Dumps, Singin' in the Lane, and I Want You (She's So Heavy. I can not remember a single joke from them.
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - 4/5 / I, Carumbus - 5/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 2/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - ?/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - ?/5

Junior Camper

can't believe people would rather watch double digit seasons or even hd seasons over season 1. i mean like, i get finding it weaker than the 8 seasons that followed it, but season 1 is really great and enjoyable in its own right, and seems kind of underrated here. i even enjoy not particularly popular episodes like "homer's oddyssey" or "homer's night out" to some extent, even if they aren't great, they're still miles better than lots of what came after and have their own charm and appeal in a different way. maybe it's not for everyone, i wasn't too into season 1 when i first saw it as a kid, but it grew on me over time. a lot of the humor is more subtle but its definitely there. and even then, the episodes are far from boring - just because they aren't full of laughs doesn't mean the plot and characterization isn't good.

also, i found "politically inept" more aggravatingly bad than boring, it was so ridiculous and terrible that it held my attention. but that's just me.

Yeah, Politically Inept was more grating and irritating than boring to me. I at least felt *something* watching it, so I wouldn't say it was the most boring or forgettable .

new chainsaw & no hockey mask CousinMerl's Avatar

A lot of the episodes I consider the worst I find some of the most boring as well.

'The Doh-cial Network' is certainly one of the standout bores, as is the dreadful 'Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing' (the first time I watched it I considered stopping halfway in because it was so dull and tiresome, a rare moment, but I ended up pulling through).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-05-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    The Simpsons - Season 32

Undercover Burns - 3/5 / I, Carumbus - 4/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1/5 / Treehouse Of Horror XXXI - TBD / The 7 Beer Itch - TBD

Blog Entries

Imept had at least some wackyness in it, even though it was badly dome. D'ohcial moved very slowly and it doesn't help that Lisa is narrating it and is depressed throughout, which also doesn't help it.

I actually do remember something from Singin' in the Lane, the part when Bart seems to enjoy being treated like crap. Which is par for the course for HD-era Bart.

I've recently been re-watching the HD seasons (started with 20 and I'm on 28 now) and looking back there are some episodes that despite seeing again, I still can barely remember them.

Like what is Pulpit Friction? Still remember nothing from it. I wouldn't consider an episode like that to be bad, but boring it sure is. White Christmas Blues was also a big nothing. Homer gets an iPad or something, I don't know. I may be confusing that with another episode's B-plot, but that's how unremarkable these episodes are.
    Get woke, go broke

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Scully View Post
    What episode do you think is the most boring, bland, or humorless you've seen? Not necessarily offensive or bad, but just bland, dull or forgettable? Marge the Lumberjill or Singing In The Lane come to mind for me. Even The Greatest Story Ever D'ohd gave me more laughs and amusement.
    Singing in the Lane was more bad than boring. Moe really deserves better.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    Like what is Pulpit Friction? Still remember nothing from it. I wouldn't consider an episode like that to be bad, but boring it sure is. White Christmas Blues was also a big nothing. Homer gets an iPad or something, I don't know. I may be confusing that with another episode's B-plot, but that's how unremarkable these episodes are.
    I had to look up Pulpit Friction. Apparently it had something to do with Lovejoy selling jacuzzis and putting frogs to sleep.

Blog Entries

Most heavily political episodes are just boring to me, for the simple reason that I'm not much into politics in general. The best political episode is probably Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington which I only find alright. The worst is probably Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson

Also I don't find any of the season 1 episodes boring. They are less energetic than most of the following seasons, but at the same time I also like the simplicity of the standard family sitcom they portrayed at the time. The jokes weren't as many but I always liked to just follow the family in their stories and even somewhat relate to them. My least favorite season 1 episode is probably Homer's Night Out, but thats more due to all the overreactions that is driving up the plot and I don't think that it makes for a good story.
    Last edited by Kaine; 10-06-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Moho House. Definitely Moho House. It's a marriage crisis.. and Moe has a new bar.. and Mr. Burns is somehow involved and he was some old British friend? I seriously can't remember what happened. It's playing on FXX right now and I muted it and watched South Park on my Chromebook instead

"Hurricane Neddy" didn't break the show for me, but I remember seeing it the first time and just not finding it up to snuff. There are a couple funny parts, but it just doesn't live up to the standards of earlier episodes.

^I did like how Flanders thought mosquito bites were fun to scratch, but aside from that I dont remember much else I liked from Hurricane Neddy. Not that good by classic era standards.

Blog Entries

Just rewatched Peeping Mon and that was also as boring as LTDQ.

Thread Information