Blog Entries

Which scrapped Simpsons Movie idea would you have liked to see the most?

Even though I feel very satisfied with how the final product turned out, that doesn't mean there's not an earlier idea that excites me.

There have been several concepts thought about being made into a movie that didn't get used. Some were pretty cool (Kamp Krusty being made feature-length), others just awful (Bonfire Of The Manatees as a movie? It doesn't even work as an episode!).

However, Kamp Krusty turned out to be a pretty great episode anyway, so not that one I'm not thinking much about. What I do feel bummed out about is the potential Lionel Hutz movie that never got made. Phil Hartman had more than enough charisma for that to work, and it might have turned out a bit like The Wrong Guy in terms of tone (a live-action feature written by former Simpsons writers, and you can really tell). It kills me that they never could make it now.
    Last edited by The OSSist; 09-20-2020 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably Kamp Krusty. One of my all time favorite episodes, and would've made an awesome movie.

new chainsaw & no hockey mask CousinMerl's Avatar

I don't think 'Kamp Krusty' would've worked that well as a movie. It is a very good episode but I can't imagine it succeeding at feature length for some reason. I think there are probably other episodes that could've worked better, even some in the post-classic era.

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I don't think 'Kamp Krusty' would've worked that well as a movie. It is a very good episode but I can't imagine it succeeding at feature length for some reason. I think there are probably other episodes that could've worked better, even some in the post-classic era.
    I think it might've worked as a movie. It certainly feels like an event.

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That Lionel Hutz movie could've been good, but I don't think the writers could've come up with enough jokes for Kamp Krusty, mainly with the short script that they ended up with after writing.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

kamp krusty would've made for a good TV movie at best.

Blog Entries

I remember being interested in the idea of a Kamp Krusty movie, but then I read how they had to already pad the episode just to meet the 22 minutes of broadcast; so to see it stretched to about 80 minutes? not sure how that would've turned out.

I recall with Phil Hartman they wanted to do a live-action Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure movie starring him. Seeing Phil as a live-action Troy McClure would've been a real hoot!
    As for animated, I think "Kamp Krusty" would've made for a great movie, since I really enjoyed the episode. It does open for a few story expansion possibilities, like maybe more of the last day of school at Springfield Elementary, and maybe also opening with an "Itchy and Scratchy" short as well.

Blog Entries

I really like Kamp Krusty and I would've liked to see a movie out of it, though they'd have to come up with a lot of material as it would be hard to fill in the length. It worked really well for just one episode which also had a subplot.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

I know it wasn't an idea for a movie but Who Shot Mr Burns really feels like the natural Simpsons movie and I think there's a reason why it was the first ever cliffhanger.

It has all the elements that make the Simpsons great and which other movie ideas lack.
    It has Mr Burns as the villain which at the time was still the most menacing character and the most natural choice for a villain, it involves everyone in Springfield and most important of all it takes place in Springfield!!! The main problem with the actual movie and other movie ideas is that they don't take place in Springfield or at least not for a long span of the movie thus losing the opportunity to explore secondary characters.

Who Shot Mr Burns IS the original Simpsons movie that never was in the sense that it's the culmination of the Simpsons cinematic writing during the classic era and the most representative of the show as a whole.

Thread Information