Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Moments can be monuments to u cuckold bart's Avatar

THO I AM ALSO V SUSPICIOUS OF PEOPLE WHO THINK THE LADY GAGA EPISODE IS GOOD DEF REEKS OF TRYING TO COUNTER ACT DUMB DUMBS!!

Blog Entries

He meant not reading too much into why the episode is so disliked by many, not the episode itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Moments can be monuments to u cuckold bart's Avatar

I mean that’s part of the fun of dissecting the Simpsons. Hows it’s shaped American (and other places) sense of humour, how we interact with each other and in some cases how we interact with certain areas of society. How well the early seasons at least portrayed lower middle class to workin class family issues and interactions with capital and authority. To have an ep that sucks the teat of musk is kinda sus (ALTHOUGH I’m def of the opinion the show isn’t as politically radically post about s4 as it’s reputation would have you believe)

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tyler

Musk is an awful person and he has shown it numerous times in lots of different ways. For that reason ass kissing him feels more annoying to me.
    Having said that, I think the Gaga episode is even worse leaving their personalities aside. I don't have anything against Gaga but the episode has no redeeming qualities

im gonna lose my virginity while watching lisa goes gaga out of spite of you fun hating crusty dusty musty ass toenails

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar

Right of the bat, I do not like Lisa Goes Gaga. It's just terrible. The only thing I think was funny was Homer cooking the meat off her dress. It's pure Homer.

Now do I think it is the worst episode ever? I don't know since I particularly don't like ranking stuff. The THOHs' have been stinking up the joint and episode XXIII where Homer eats himself is just wrong. The Elon Musk episode was best some up by a reviewer, "It was written by someone who has a boy crush on Elon." However, I can sit down and watch this episode as I cannot stand watching Lady Goes Gaga. That does not mean I hate Lady Gaga since I really have no opinion at all about her. Her music is not my cup of tea.
    Remember guys Lie, cheat, steal, and listen to heavy metal music!🤘🤘🤘

Blog Entries

The way the writers hyped up the "disgusting" element of Homer eating himself really shows how bad the Treehouse Of Horrors have gotten at understanding what horror is. Yes it's pretty gross seeing Homer eat himself, but that's all it is. It's not scary, atmospheric or funny in any way whatsoever. The Treehouse Of Horrors are supposed to be about creating scary or conceptually interesting stories with humorous touches, not grossing the viewer out by how yucky something looks.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered to be the worst episode of the series? Yes.

Should it be? Not a chance.
    It's not even the worst episode of its season.
    SEASON 32 RANKINGS
    Undercover Burns - 2.5/5 / I, Carumbus - 4.5/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1.5/5
    THOH XXXI = Toy Gory - 5/5 / Into the Homer-verse - 2/5 / Be Nine, Rewind - 4/5
    The 7 Beer Itch - ???/5 / Podcast News - ???/5 / Three Dreams Denied - ???/5

Blog Entries

the "not being the worst of its season" part interests me because, as I've said before, s23 is the season I stopped watching regularly, because of trash like Moe Goes From Rags to Riches, The D'ohcial Network, Politically Inept With Homer Simpson{which, upon looking at the episode list, these episodes all aired week-after-week; Politically Inept, Dohcial, Rags...}. I actually haven't even seen Gaga because of its rather infamous status among fans. but to me the worst episode{s} are ones where you watch and don't remember much of the plot/jokes, hardly laughed at all... those episodes demonstrate that to me. a few other episodes here and there do as well, like Havana Wild Weekend{random example but it's one of the first I can think of as an episode I watched, I know I watched, but I can't tell you one line of dialogue or anything from it}.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered to be the worst episode of the series? Yes.

Should it be? Not a chance.
    It's not even the worst episode of its season.
    What would you say should be considered the worst, objectively? I definitely don't think LGG deserves its title as the worst episode ever, either. It at least somewhat has a structured plot, and nobody is too irritating in it. There are definitely worse episodes out there.

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Scully View Post
    What would you say should be considered the worst, objectively? I definitely don't think LGG deserves its title as the worst episode ever, either. It at least somewhat has a structured plot, and nobody is too irritating in it. There are definitely worse episodes out there.
    It's not really about how well crafted it is. The point is that it's a soulless episode that's only goal was to kiss a celebrities ass. I can watch Kidney Trouble, Boys of Bummer, and all those other episodes, and at least bask in how bad they are. This one just pisses me off. I saw it a single time and could never bring myself to do it again. It's a botch on their record.

I'd say LGG is more bland and inoffensive than actively bad. It is toothless, souless, and by the numbers, but there's nothing to really get riled up over (such as an entire town driving a 10 year old boy to attempt suicide, or Homer intentionally framing his wife for a DUI)

I get that it's basically a commercial for Lady Gaga. But then again, A Star Is Burns was basically a commercial for The Critic.

Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar

Star Is Burns is a top 10 episode to me.

I like Star Is Burns too, it has many of my all time favorite jokes. But you could say it was just a commercial for The Critic. However, the quality and effort put into it is what sets it apart and makes it good in its own right. No such effort was put into Lisa Goes Gaga.

Thread Information