Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

I keep pitching them and you keep missing them
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    nah you missed it
    Enlighten me, what joke did I miss?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    I keep pitching them and you keep missing them
    How did a troll like you last over a decade without getting banned?

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The OSSist

Another thing both of you shared: the lack of comprehension of what it means to be put in another user's ignore list. I can't see your quotes unless I click on your posts (which I won't).

Oh right, I forgot, you're morons. My bad.

Blog Entries

jokes on you I've been banned before

but im also a nice guy who people here generally like so

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    How did a troll like you last over a decade without getting banned?
    good thing the rest of this forum doesn't have a stick up their ass the size of yours

Blog Entries

Great, ass hat has spun me into yet another argument that ruined a thread. I don't know why you haven't been banned. You're clearly just a trouble starter. An adult baby if you will. Never responding to you again, this is the last thread you'll ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Borner1990 View Post
    Another thing both of you shared: the lack of comprehension of what it means to be put in another user's ignore list. I can't see your quotes unless I click on your posts (which I won't).

Oh right, I forgot, you're morons. My bad.
    Yes I am in your "Ignore list" yet simultaneously in your head rent free.

I am so important to you, you feel the need to both insult me and pretend you are ignoring me.

Blog Entries

you want me to be banned?

ok
    @Dark Homer you know what to do

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheLord View Post
    Yes I am in your "Ignore list" yet simultaneously in your head rent free.

I am so important to you, you feel the need to both insult me and pretend you are ignoring me.
    exactly

Blog Entries

I didn't ruin this thread btw

you are the one that has a problem with people who like Lady Gaga and the episode of The Simpsons she guest starred in

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

dont even know how you could hate this, it's perfection by all definitions of the word

Blog Entries

so yeah, im sorry someone actually likes this episode

Blog Entries

as ive said before in more words, if you really think the gaga ep is worse than the musk ep, you're sus. thats the most base level on which this is clear cut to judge, it identifies alot of people's priorities and delusions and irrational dislikes.

more broadly, i really dont think the gaga ep does much thats notably worse than the average episode to episode sins the show commits to comedy and character and story and so on and so forth, but the vessel at the center made it way easier to notice because yes it does wind up one big ad. hardly the first or last or worst time tho.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And so another thread ruined by another argument. Lisa Goes Gaga is better than this, and I know it's cringeworthy, but I actually like her songs

(well, some of her old ones)
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

Blog Entries

its not cringeworthy! pop music is good.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

I'm not gonna read three full pages of this thread to see what people have said so far. I'm just gonna give my two cents: Lisa Goes Gaga is decidedly NOT the worst episode of the show. It's bad, of course it is, but it at least tells a story that starts at the beggining and is resolved at the end. And the thing is, the storytelling of modern Simpsons is so absolutley absymal that even managing that much is something that some episodes fail to do.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, don't read the 2nd page, it's just a derailment, and has nothing to do with Gaga!

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't even think it's as bad as "Co-Dependent's Day" or "On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister".

For later, "Love is a Many Strangled Thing" and "3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage" are definitely worse.

I may have just listed my new bottom 5.

Blog Entries

I have nothing against Lady Gaga, neither as a person nor her music (though I think her music is just okay). I just hate how poorly written and lazy the episode is. Barely any of the jokes are amusing, the so-called "empowerment" message is something I am not seeing, and it ends on one of the worst songs the show has ever done (I Am Lisa Simpson). Nothing about it works.

And great, another thread derailed by some trolling moron. This is really getting irritating at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

I tried to watch the musk ep few weeks ago and, well, it was a painfully transparent attempt at just servicing this guy's ego and honestly a terrible 20 minutes of television. i honestly cannot imagine the gaga ep is worse on the grounds that lady gaga isn't an insufferable little dweeb like musk
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehouse of Spoopy View Post
    no homers dot net

Blog Entries

And as for the argument that anyone finding it worse than the Musk episode is being "sus(pect"), fuck off. Maybe the asskissing in this episode just happens to come off as more annoying, it has nothing to do with sexism or whatever you are trying to imply. I do find Musk a pretty awful person by the way, but I still find Lisa Goes Gaga even worse.

Wears sneakers for sneaking Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    as ive said before in more words, if you really think the gaga ep is worse than the musk ep, you're sus. thats the most base level on which this is clear cut to judge, it identifies alot of people's priorities and delusions and irrational dislikes.
    No, I think Lisa Goes Gaga is worse than The Musk Who Fell to Earth because I think the plot is weaker, the jokes are weaker, and the guest star is used in a worse manner. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of people who prefer the Musk episode simply think the quality of the episode itself is slightly better and have no inherent biases of sexism or whatever you’re trying to imply. I went into both episodes with an open mind, knowing nothing about either guest star. They were both subpar episodes. Musk was a little better. You need to stop looking so much into it.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

I too think Musk was slightly better. It had a more interesting story and made me laugh more (albeit not by much)

I consider it one of the worst, along with Saddlesore Galactica, Bart Mangled Banner, Simpson Safari, and the Frying Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangdos View Post
    I'm not gonna read three full pages of this thread to see what people have said so far. I'm just gonna give my two cents: Lisa Goes Gaga is decidedly NOT the worst episode of the show. It's bad, of course it is, but it at least tells a story that starts at the beggining and is resolved at the end. And the thing is, the storytelling of modern Simpsons is so absolutley absymal that even managing that much is something that some episodes fail to do.
    You have a good point. I think Moe Goes From Rags To Riches might be even worse, because it doesn't even really have a story. It's just a bunch of random shit being narrated by a sentient rag. And for some reason there's a pointless subplot about Bart and Milhouse that has nothing to do with the main plot (if you can even call it that)

Blog Entries

no simpson safari slander

Moments can be monuments to u cuckold bart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    No, I think Lisa Goes Gaga is worse than The Musk Who Fell to Earth because I think the plot is weaker, the jokes are weaker, and the guest star is used in a worse manner. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of people who prefer the Musk episode simply think the quality of the episode itself is slightly better and have no inherent biases of sexism or whatever you’re trying to imply. I went into both episodes with an open mind, knowing nothing about either guest star. They were both subpar episodes. Musk was a little better. You need to stop looking so much into it.
    “U need to stop looking so into it” he says on a Simpsons forum know for (at least in the past) dissecting every faucet of the show whether it’s its plot/characters or its societal impacts. I haven’t seen this ep but lady gaga is a saint compared to that scum fuck Elon Musk and I don’t the simps of now really took musk to task it would have EVER really.

Thread Information