Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

I ask because I haven't seen every episode since then, so there may be some that are even worse now. Do you think it's still the worst? If not, what episode(s) do you find even worse?

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Overall: Yes
    For Me: Almost
    Why: Treehouse of Horror XXIX was awful, even worser than LGG
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

I think it's in the bottom 10 for sure but it would be impossible to say it's actually the worst just like it could be impossible to say which episode is the absolute best.
    But yes, it's definetely in the top 10 of worst episodes ever.

Actually, rewatching now some earlier Scully/Jean episodes (LGG is also on the way). I found episodes, that are really awful comparing with LGG. I've always said, that's NO THE WORST. This oppinion was made just after hearing the firsts thing about the episode (in 2011) and still is by now.
    Remember people's opinion about "Principal and the Paper"...
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 03/08/20):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. 24 Minutes/Stop, Or My Dog Will Shoot! 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. The Squirt and the Whale/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. TBA/TBA
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 27 > 21 > 9 > 20 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 10 > 12 > 15 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 14 > 19 > 28 > 16 > 30 > 23 > 11 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Blog Entries

The Principal And The Pauper is different in that it actually attempted a clever idea, in the same vein as Homer's Enemy.
    Lisa Goes Gaga does nothing but suck up to Lady Gaga throughout. There's no punchline, just lame jokes about her being some kind of superhero. It deserves all the hate it gets, even though for me the worst one's Every Man's Dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Yeah, at least with Principal And The Pauper you could tell they actually put some effort into in and tried to do something interesting. It's obvious the bare minimum of effort was put into Lisa Goes Gaga and it was nothing more than a commercial for Gaga. It deserved nothing but scorn.

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, and I forgot, The Musk Who Fell To Earth is as (or even more) bad as Lisa Goes Gaga. It's basically like the same as the latter but this time it's now a commercial for Musk. And THOH XXII could be considered as bad as Gaga.
    Last edited by Return Of The Living Trab; 09-17-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Musk isn't a commercial, Musk who fell to earth is.

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

None of the THOH's(no, not even 29) should be considered anywhere near as bad as LGG. In my opinion it's the worst. At least other bad episodes tend to have a few funny jokes, or at least attempt to. LGG is just mindless ass kissing. So is TMWFTE, but that's not quite as irritating.

Blog Entries

This is the only Simpsons episode that actively pissed me off while I watched it.

Please, don't compare The Principal and the Pauper with episodes like Lisa Goes Gaga, The Musk Who Fell to Earth or even episodes like When You Dish Upon a Star.

The Principal and the Pauper may have been a bad idea but its execution is that of the Oakley and Weinstein era and it wouldn't feel out of place in season 8.
    Yes, people hated the concept (personally I don't even think the concept is that bad compared to other episodes) but its execution, jokes and character driven story with lots of observational humour is that of the classic era.

It's not the worst in my personal opinion. That honor is still attached to Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson, the only episode of the entire show I have never watched from start to finish because it's intolerable. Honorific mention to The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed and I Want You (She Is So Heavy) which are the other episodes I am never in the mood to rewatch.

Lisa Goes Gaga was never my least favorite, I guess. But it has a hard reputation among the fans and casual watchers for being the absolute worst of the entire show, and the massive amount of hate is not easy to win so I guess Lisa Goes Gaga is still seen as the worst and probably it ever be, even if in my opinion it doesn't deserve that designation.
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - 4/5 / I, Carumbus - 5/5
    Now Museum, Now You Don't - 2/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - ?/5
    Podcast News - ?/5 / Three Dreams Denied - ?/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - ?/5

Blog Entries

no, because it's actually one of the best episodes
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Boys of Bummer is the worst imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    no, because it's actually one of the best episodes
    This trolling is too obvious. If you wanted to troll for real, you should've made a well written post about how great it was in the R&R thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    Boys of Bummer is the worst imo
    That's terrible as well, but LGG is a soulless pile of mush.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    This trolling is too obvious. If you wanted to troll for real, you should've made a well written post about how great it was in the R&R thread.
    what trolling

I've posted about it being good many times over the years

Blog Entries

what trolling

I've posted about it being good many times over the years
    Oh, sorry. I was under the impression that you were trolling. Didn't know any one actually liked that one. Carry on then.

Blog Entries

you need to calm down

Blog Entries

oh wait that's Taylor Swift

Blog Entries

TSwift episode when

come on Al

It will be another one about Lisa being depressed and Taylor Swift coming to Springfield to cheer her up.

Blog Entries

where's the problem

Blog Entries

you lot are too negative

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Marge

Blog Entries

It's a lame episode that kisses a celebrities ass.

Blog Entries

she deserves it

Blog Entries

she deserves it
    Not really. Even if she did, that doesn't excuse the show for making such a lame episode.

Blog Entries

show's been making lame episodes for like 800 years, get with the times

To idiots it is but too intellectuals like me it isnt. This episode is the pinnacle of woman empowerment. Two strong smart females helping each other and showcasing how woman some times don't get along but they can come together to stop sexism in the country.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheLord View Post
    To idiots it is but too intellectuals like me it isnt. This episode is the pinnacle of woman empowerment. Two strong smart females helping each other and showcasing how woman some times don't get along but they can come together to stop sexism in the country.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH... oh never mind, you get the idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheLord View Post

Thread Information