Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is The Simpsons getting better?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Getting better? Let me think...

There is absolutely no possible way for this show to be salvaged given the age of the voice actors and actresses, and the fact that the showrunner's been the same for almost 20 seasons. 

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    Getting better? Let me think...

There is absolutely no possible way for this show to be salvaged given the age of the voice actors and actresses, and the fact that the showrunner's been the same for almost 20 seasons. 
    I don't know why the age of the voice actors should be an issue. If they're doing their best, I don't have a real problem with it. The showrunner has been the same for 20 years, but Matt Selman has an increasingly large role, and season 31 was a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    I know it's not great, but it's just her voice, she can't help it. She still does a great job and I think it should just be left alone.
    I’m sorry, but this is the kind of rhetoric I can’t stand that people make towards modern Simpsons. If her role is sacred, then cancel the show. If it’s better to continue the show, then replace Julie Kavner. Not her fault at all, she’s done an amazing job over the years, but when a player ages out, they need to leave the team. Being human just sucks that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Epipha-Tree View Post
    I’m sorry, but this is the kind of rhetoric I can’t stand that people make towards modern Simpsons. If her role is sacred, then cancel the show. If it’s better to continue the show, then replace Julie Kavner. Not her fault at all, she’s done an amazing job over the years, but when a player ages out, they need to leave the team. Being human just sucks that way.
    She can still do it, it's just a bit rough. No need to be all up in arms about it. Should they just say "Julie, you're doing a good job, but your voice is shot so we're canceling the show"?

She can still do it, it's just a bit rough. No need to be all up in arms about it. Should they just say "Julie, you're doing a good job, but your voice is shot so we're canceling the show"?
    No need to defend every aspect of the Simpsons as if it's a sacred cow.
    Marge voice is awful nowadays, there's no denying that. She sounds like Jacqueline Bouvier back in the day. You can like the show all you want but some things are objective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelMaiden95 View Post
    No need to defend every aspect of the Simpsons as if it's a sacred cow.
    Marge voice is awful nowadays, there's no denying that. She sounds like Jacqueline Bouvier back in the day. You can like the show all you want but some things are objective.
    That's exactly how I feel against you. No need to insult everything about modern Simpsons. You can insult the quality of the show all you want, but there's no need to rip on Julie Kavner. She's 70 years old and she's still doing a great job. She may not sound great, but it's not that big of a deal. Just let her do her job.

That's exactly how I feel against you. No need to insult everything about modern Simpsons. You can insult the quality of the show all you want, but there's no need to rip on Julie Kavner. She's 70 years old and she's still doing a great job. She may not sound great, but it's not that big of a deal. Just let her do her job.
    What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. I respect Julie Kavner and there's no point replacing her.
    But saying she's still great is a complete delusion. You say she's great and then you say you know it's not great.

It is one thing to respect her for what she did, and as I said I don't want to see her replaced because there's no need at this point, but Marge definetely doesn't sound great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelMaiden95 View Post
    What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. I respect Julie Kavner and there's no point replacing her.
    But saying she's still great is a complete delusion. You say she's great and then you say you know it's not great.

It is one thing to respect her for what she did, and as I said I don't want to see her replaced because there's no need at this point, but Marge definetely doesn't sound great.
    I'm saying she simultaneously does a great job and doesn't sound great. Her acting abilities haven't declined, her voice has. Her performance is stellar, but she doesn't sound good.

I'm saying she simultaneously does a great job and doesn't sound great. Her acting abilities haven't declined, her voice has. Her performance is stellar, but she doesn't sound good.
    Well, I think that's fair. I don't want any of the staff replaced, it wouldn't make any sense.
    I just hope the show ends before one of the main voice actors dies. If one of them dies while the show is still on air it would suck badly.

Blog Entries

If there was a supporting staff replacement for no reason, then of course it makes no sense. If they do it because the actor died, then I could see why they get another actor, but in my way, I don't think they're gonna replicate the success that the previous actor.

If one of the main cast dies, then most likely they're just gonna go ahead and make no more episodes.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts.

Quote the post above you, it gives me an enormous sense of a slow computer.

Buy my Martian tater’ farm vexiron's Avatar

Honestly....I'd say no.
    They're running out of steam, jokes are nothing more than decade old meme culture references, and they're putting way too much Politics into it. I know, the Simpsons did have a few political episodes, but not to this extent.

The point of no return was when they axed Apu from the show.

Honestly, regardless of how great a job she does, I feel bad for her for straining her voice like that. She more than deserves a break.

Thread Information