Where would you like to see the next "The Simpsons Are Going To" adventure set??

What country or place would you like to see the Simpsons visit?

I don't take returns. Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Ancient Rome, because that's where they're setting one next!

(I would really like them to go to Russia, as we only seen Homer there, in Simpson Tide)
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts.

Quote the post above you, it gives me an enormous sense of a slow computer.

Blog Entries

The Netherlands, because I'd like to see my own country being parodied. I wonder if they will get the Dutch accents right, the only time they had a character speak actual Dutch on the show was by Carice Van Houten.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

I think that "The Simpsons are going to" is my least favorite set of episodes along with non-horror trilogies. If they are going another of these, I am indifferent to the place as long as the writing is good. I thought that The Simpsons had nothing to do in Costa Rica and look, Livin' La Pura Vida it turned out to be the best episode of its kind in the HD era because of the dynamics of the characters, the jokes, and because Costa Rica was a resource not the blank of the jokes of nonsensical criticisms. It provides good jokes like the monkeys or the Pura Vida catchphrase, but the story could have happened in every other place and that's what makes a traveling episode better IMO, without the family going to popular places, meeting famous people, and that type of stuff.
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - ?/5 / I, Carambus - ?/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - ?/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - ?/5

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually like a lot of the non horror trilogies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    The Netherlands, because I'd like to see my own country being parodied. I wonder if they will get the Dutch accents right, the only time they had a character speak actual Dutch on the show was by Carice Van Houten.
    Knowing modern Simpsons they would probabaly do a lot of lame jokes about weed or the red district or stuff like that.

That's why this kind of episodes are usually pretty mediocre. It allows the writers to be extra lazy and just make lame observations about other countries and make the Simpsons react to that.
    Even Bart vs Australia which is one of the best travel episodes is not that good for classic era standards.

Being my fanatic self Simpson's Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally speaking, I am in favour of the "The Simpsons are going to..." Episodes. They can be bad, but only if the writers don't handle the episode in the way it is needed.

I would for them to visit another country, one that they haven't visited in their 30+ year old run. It doesn't have to be my country necessarily, but it would be interesting to see an episode set in Greece or a Treehouse Of Horror segment set in Ancient Greece. There are so many good opportunities for great jokes (Homer trying to communicate with other people, Marge trying to understand the traditions, Lisa exploring the educative part of the land etc.).

I would also be interested in an episode set in Italy or Germany. It sounds something that would be pretty interesting for all the characters and maybe it would result in some good satire and comedy (Despite the fact that they are most likely to use all the same racist jokes about Germans being a little overweight, Italians loving pizza and spaghetti, Greeks and their traditions etc.).

Anyway, I would be really interested in a "The Simpsons are going to..." episode, as long as it's written well and doesn't try to actively destroy the story, characters, jokes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd like to see my own country being parodied.
    Perhaps, everyone more or less, but wants, that "The Simpsons would go to…" their native country.
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 03/08/20):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. 24 Minutes/Stop, Or My Dog Will Shoot! 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. The Squirt and the Whale/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. TBA/TBA
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 27 > 21 > 9 > 20 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 10 > 12 > 15 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 14 > 19 > 28 > 16 > 30 > 23 > 11 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

I agree that it really doesn't matter where the family goes as long as the episodes are well-written (and also not just like commercials for the country, with the family reacting to what they see and whatnot. Also less lazy international stereotyping). If there's more travel episodes in the making, I would like them to seem them go to major countries they haven't been to yet, such as maybe Spain, Germany, Norway, Sweden & Russia (also, a trip to Vietnam along with Principal Skinner could be a neat episode if handled well).

maybe they should go somewhere that would be the last thing people would think of a "Simpsons are going to..." episode, heck they could even make up a country(Inspector Gadget did a couple of made up countries, Pianostan, Alpacastan, Hupla and Dupla, etc)....the Siimpsons did once in the comics, Bosqueverde where they stayed as the guests of a dictator after winning a duff beer contest
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Thread Information