Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just how bad is modern Simpsons?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

@ @ManuelMaiden95 I think our misunderstanding is that you guys qualify modern Simpson as a terrible show, and I qualify it as a good one. What I postulated is that the presumed perfection of the classic era might magnify the presumed imperfection of the modern era, so people consider modern Simpsons like an unwatchable TV show because it pales in comparison with their idealized sight of the classic era, and that's why an average to great show looks like shit.

I am referring to a supposition, but I wish to find a specimen that has never seen an episode of the show and make them watching only the HD era of the show. Again, it's just a supposition, but I am sure they'd love the show.
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: Hank After Dark)

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    The Simpsons is entering its 32nd season. Think about that for a moment. People still enjoy the show, and when it inevitably ends, people will remember it by the golden age, not the later episodes. That's true regardless of whether it goes on for another 5, 10, or 15 years. The way I look at it, they really can't do anything more to hurt its legacy, so as long as it's still widely enjoyed and people are still watching, why should it end?
    Because people liking The Simpsons just because it's The Simpsons, quality be damned, is the antithesis of creative enthusiasm.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'houlihan View Post
    Because people liking The Simpsons just because it's The Simpsons, quality be damned, is the antithesis of creative enthusiasm.
    But people genuinely enjoy watching it. I can't see a valid reason to take it away from them (myself included).
    Season 31 ratings

The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5
    Go Big or Go Homer: 2/5
    The Fat Blue Line: 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 3/5
    Gorillas on the Mast: 3.5/5
    Marge the Lumberjill: 2.5/5
    Livin La Pura Vida: 4.5/5
    Thanksgiving of Horror: 4.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?: 4/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: 4/5
    Hail to the Teeth: 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson: 3/5
    Frinkcoin: 2.5/5
    Bart the Bad Guy: 3/5
    Screenless: 3/5
    Better Off Ned: 4/5
    Highway to Well: 2.5/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby: 3.5/5
    Warrin' Priests: 4/5
    Warrin' Priests Part 2: 1.5/5
    The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds: 4/5
    The Way of the Dog: 4/5

Season: 3.25/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    But people genuinely enjoy watching it. I can't see a valid reason to take it away from them (myself included).
    Yeah, but only a select few fans. There are some few valid reasons, like if viewer ratings continue to decline, FOX will replace it with a new show. But they will most likely still be running reruns. If the show becomes unprofitable in it's current state, FOX will stop making it and sell it to other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Yeah, but only a select few fans. There are some few valid reasons, like if viewer ratings continue to decline, FOX will replace it with a new show. But they will most likely still be running reruns. If the show becomes unprofitable in it's current state, FOX will stop making it and sell it to other networks.
    Yet again, I'm sure most of the millions who watch still enjoy. It's just that people on here and more hardcore fans in general are naturally gonna be more critical of the show. I'm sure a lot of people watch modern simpsons and go "haha this show is great".

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Btw, shows like Rick and Morty that are very popular and very profitable get WAAAAYYY lower ratings than The Simpsons. Television in general is on the decline any way. People stream and do all sorts of shit nowadays. Simpsons is still doing very well and is still in the top 5 for comedies in the US last time I checked. Simpsons ratings will continue declining, but so will the ratings of its peers and ratings in general.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Thread Information