Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39



Thread: 2020 Emmy Nominations



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #1
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    2020 Emmy Nominations

    Here are the 2020 Emmy nominations in the three main animation categories:

    Animated Program
    Big Mouth (Disclosure The Movie: The Musical!)
    Bob's Burgers (Pig Trouble In Little Tina)
    BoJack Horseman (The View From Halfway Down)
    Rick And Morty (The Vat Of Acid Episode)
    The Simpsons (Thanksgiving Of Horror)

    Short Form Animated Program
    Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love?
    Robot Chicken (Santa's Dead (Spoiler Alert))
    Steven Universe Future (Fragments)

    Character Voiceover Performance
    Big Mouth (Maya Rudolph as Connie the Hormone Monstress, "How To Have An Orgasm")
    Central Park (Leslie Odom Jr. as Owen, "Episode One")
    Crank Yankers (Wanda Sykes as Gladys, "Bobby Brown, Wanda Sykes & Kathy Griffin")
    The Mandalorian (Taika Waititi as IG-11, "Chapter 8: Redemption")
    The Simpsons (Nancy Cart wright as Bart Simpson, Nelson, Ralph, Todd, "Better Off Ned")
    The Simpsons (Hank Azaria as Professor Frink, Moe, Chief Wiggum, Carl, Cletus, Kirk, Sea Captain, "Frinkcoin")

    Note that neither Bless the Harts nor Duncanville received nominations in any categories, including "main title design" and "main title theme music" (which are categories normally open only to shows in their first seasons, unless they significantly change their opening credits or opening theme).

    If you are wondering why there are six nominations in voiceover, five in animated program, and three in short form animated program, there was an Emmy rules change this year where the number of nominees in a category is based on the number of entries.

    These Emmys will be given out at the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony, which is normally scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday before the main awards ceremony (which is 9/22 this year), but because of the whole COVID-19 thing, the Creative Arts categories may be awarded online this year over a different time frame.

    Also, there is one additional animation category - Individual Achievement in Animation - that does not have nominees; instead, each entry gets its own up-or-down vote for an Emmy. These winners, if any, are announced at some point before the Creative Arts ceremony so the winners can show up to accept their Emmys.
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 07-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    A couple of "animation related" nominations:

    Alex Borstein (Family Guy) was nominated for Comedy Series Supporting Actress for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

    Amy Poehler (Duncanville) was nominated along with Nick Offerman in the Reality Show Host category for Makin' It

  3. #3
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Not impressed with the choices. The voters are just picking the popular shows.
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 2/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 2/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 4/5

    Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "The Last Supper" - 3.5/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 3.5/5

    Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5

    Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "The Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 1/5 - "Cutawayland" - 3/5

  4. #4
    Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    7,449
    Blog Entries
    22


    Bojack better friggin win Best Animated Show.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1


  5. #5
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Bojack better friggin win Best Animated Show.
    Yeah I’m not impressed with their other choices but Bojack needs to win.

  6. #6
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Not impressed with the choices. The voters are just picking the popular shows.
    Well, I am not that much into animated shows yet to talk about most of the episodes submitted. But both Thanksgiving of Horror and The Vat of Acid Episode were outstanding, and even if I haven't seen The View From Halfway Down, I am pretty much confident it is going to be the best one. I found those nominations accurate.

    Not too much to complain about if the same shows are the best year after year. If Bless the Harts or other new shows are as good as you say, they are probably getting a place in future ceremonies, when they have a weight name to compete. I've seen the second season of Disenchantment and I think they have the potential to achieve something in the future, but I don't think they are worthy of a top5 so far.
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

    Undercover Burns - 4/5 / I, Carumbus - 5/5
    Now Museum, Now You Don't - 2/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - ?/5
    Podcast News - ?/5 / Three Dreams Denied - ?/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - ?/5

  7. #7
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Well, I am not that much into animated shows yet to talk about most of the episodes submitted. But both Thanksgiving of Horror and The Vat of Acid Episode were outstanding, and even if I haven't seen The View From Halfway Down, I am pretty much confident it is going to be the best one. I found those nominations accurate.

    Not too much to complain about if the same shows are the best year after year. If Bless the Harts or other new shows are as good as you say, they are probably getting a place in future ceremonies, when they have a weight name to compete. I've seen the second season of Disenchantment and I think they have the potential to achieve something in the future, but I don't think they are worthy of a top5 so far.
    I did enjoy those as well.

  8. #8
    seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    470


    I really hope SUF doesn't win. Fragments was the worst episode and for me, a moment when Steven crossed the Moral Horizon. He straight up murders Jasper because he got mad, and I don't care that his magic spit restored her later, she was shattered, the worse possible thing one can do to a gem. SUF Steven was just an unlikable ball of rage and complaints who showed zero empathy and gratitude towards Greg who was trying to give him a good life.

  9. #9
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    The Television Academy has announced that, since the Creative Arts Emmys are being spread out over a week, all of the ceremonies will be broadcast.

    The Short Form Animated Program and Character Voiceover Emmys will be given out on Thursday 9/17; they will be streaming live on emmys.com starting at 8 PM Eastern. The Individual Achievement in Animation Emmys will also be presented that night, but those winners will be announced in advance.

    The Animated Program Emmy will be given out on Saturday 9/19; this should air live on FXX starting at 8 PM Eastern. Hopefully, they air all of the categories live, and not do something like, "During the previous commercial break, the Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program went to...", but Bob Bain is producing, and this is the sort of thing he has done with the Kids Choice Awards. To be fair to Bain, he can't possibly to a worse job than the last time the Academy tried streaming the Creative Arts ceremony, which kept switching between the awards and backstage interviews almost randomly.


  10. #10
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The Television Academy has announced that, since the Creative Arts Emmys are being spread out over a week, all of the ceremonies will be broadcast.
    According to Variety, all of the nominees in Creative Arts categories are being asked to pre-record acceptance speeches. Each speech is limited to 30 seconds, regardless of the number of people involved in the win. For example, The Simpsons usually lists the maximum 21 people (14 producers, 3 writers, 4 directors) in its Animated Program entry, but usually when it wins, only one or two of them actually give the acceptance speech.

    Here are the submitted lists of producers/writers/directors for the five nominated shows - apparently, the Television Academy gives some leeway in terms of who is considered a "producer", a "writer" or a "director":

    Big Mouth - "Disclosure The Movie: The Musical!"
    Nick Kroll, Executive Producer
    Andrew Goldberg, Executive Producer
    Mark Levin, Executive Producer
    Jennifer Flackett, Executive Producer
    Joe Wengert, Co-Executive Producer
    Kelly Galuska, Supervising Producer
    Gil Ozeri, Supervising Producer
    Ben Kalina, Supervising Producer
    Shannon Prynoski, Supervising Producer
    Chris Prynoski, Supervising Producer
    Anthony Lioi, Supervising Producer
    Mike L. Mayfield, Co-Supervising Director
    Nate Funaro, Produced by
    Emily Altman, Producer / Writer
    Victor Quinaz, Writer
    Bob Suarez, Director
    David Bastian, Animation Timer
    Edgar Larrazabal, Animation Timer
    Maureen Mlynarczyk, Animation Timer
    Juli Murphy, Animation Timer

    Bob's Burgers - "Pig Trouble In Little Tina"
    Loren Bouchard, Executive Producer
    Jim Dauterive, Executive Producer
    Nora Smith, Executive Producer/Written by
    Dan Fybel, Executive Producer
    Rich Rinaldi, Executive Producer
    Jon Schroeder, Executive Producer
    Greg Thompson, Executive Producer
    Steven Davis, Co-Executive Producer
    Scott Jacobson, Co-Executive Producer
    Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin, Co-Executive Producer
    Wendy Molyneux, Co-Executive Producer
    Holly Schlesinger, Co-Executive Producer
    Kelvin Yu, Co-Executive Producer
    Janelle Momary-Neely, Supervising Producer
    Bernard Derriman, Supervising Director
    Tony Gennaro, Supervising Director
    Chris Song, Director
    Scott Greenberg, Animation Executive Producer
    Joel Kuwahara, Animation Executive Producer
    Mike Penketh, Animation Producer
    Doug Gallery, Timing Supervisor

    BoJack Horseman - "The View From Halfway Down"
    Raphael Bob-Waksberg, Executive Producer
    Noel Bright, Executive Producer
    Steven A. Cohen, Executive Producer
    Will Arnett, Executive Producer
    Aaron Paul, Executive Producer
    Joanna Calo, Co-Executive Producer
    Lisa Hanawalt, Co-Executive Producer
    Mike Hollingsworth, Co-Executive Producer/Supervising Director
    Nick Adams, Supervising Producer
    Shauna McGarry, Supervising Producer
    Alex Bulkley, Producer
    Corey Campodonico, Producer
    Eric Blyler, Producer
    Richard Choi, Producer
    Alison Tafel, Written by
    Amy Winfrey, Directed by
    Christopher Nance, Assistant Director
    Yair Gordon, Animation Director
    Karl Pajak, Animation Director

    Rick And Morty - "The Vat Of Acid Episode"
    Dan Harmon, Executive Producer
    Justin Roiland, Executive Producer
    Mike McMahan, Executive Producer
    Scott Marder, Executive Producer
    Keith Crofford, Executive Producer
    Rick Mischel, Executive Producer
    Richard Grieve, Executive Producer
    Mike Lazzo, Executive Producer
    Rob Schrab, Co-Executive Producer
    James Siciliano, Supervising Producer
    Wes Archer, Supervising Director
    Michael Waldron, Producer
    Nick Rutherford, Producer
    Lee Harting, Producer
    Ollie Green, Producer
    Sydney Ryan, Produced by
    J. Michael Mendel, Produced by
    Jeff Loveness, Written by, Supervising Producer
    Albro Lundy, Written by
    Jacob Hair, Directed by
    Nathan Litz, Director

    The Simpsons - "Thanksgiving Of Horror"
    James L. Brooks, Executive Producer
    Matt Groening, Executive Producer
    Al Jean, Executive Producer
    Matt Selman, Executive Producer
    John Frink, Executive Producer
    J. Stewart Burns, Co-Executive Producer
    Michael Price, Co-Executive Producer
    Bill Odenkirk, Co-Executive Producer
    Joel H. Cohen, Co-Executive Producer
    Rob LaZebnik, Co-Executive Producer
    Jeff Westbrook, Co-Executive Producer
    Brian Kelley, Co-Executive Producer
    Ryan Koh, Co-Executive Producer
    Richard K. Chung, Producer
    Dan Vebber, Written by
    Tom Klein, Animation Producer
    Andrea Romero, Animation Producer
    Rob Oliver, Directed by
    Mike B. Anderson, Supervising Director
    Dane Romley, Assistant Director
    Carlton Batten, Lead Animation Timer
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 08-14-2020 at 03:41 PM.


  11. #11
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    The first set of animation Emmys have been announced, for "individual achievement in animation":

    Archer (Jill Dykxhoorn, Lead Background Artist, "Road Trip")
    Cosmos: Possible Worlds (Dan MacKenzie, Character Animator, "Vavilov")
    and three for Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal:
    Genndy Tartakovsky, Storyboard Artist, "Spear and Fang" (this is his fourth Emmy; he has two for producing Star Wars: Clone Wars (the original one, and not the CGI one, which is Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and one for producing Samurai Jack)
    Scott Wills, Art Director, "Spear and Fang"
    Stephen DeStefano, Character Designer, "A Cold Death"


  12. #12
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    I've just seen the trailer of Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal because three awards seem a lot and I wanted to judge by myself. The animation seems quite static but the work in storyboard and editorial impressed me.


  13. #13
    Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,363
    Blog Entries
    31


    Regarding the first post, I would like Bojack to win the first award, Robot Chicken for the 2nd one and for voiceover, I don't really know. In individual Achievement I'd probably pick Primal or Spear and Fang to win.

  14. #14
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Regarding the first post, I would like Bojack to win the first award, Robot Chicken for the 2nd one and for voiceover, I don't really know. In individual Achievement I'd probably pick Primal or Spear and Fang to win.
    There are no nominations for individual achievement in animation. All the enlisted above were winners.

  15. #15
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Here are the 2020 Emmy nominations in the three main animation categories:

    Short Form Animated Program
    Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love?
    Robot Chicken (Santa's Dead (Spoiler Alert))
    Steven Universe Future (Fragments)
    Emmy winner: Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love?

    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Character Voiceover Performance
    Big Mouth (Maya Rudolph as Connie the Hormone Monstress, "How To Have An Orgasm")
    Central Park (Leslie Odom Jr. as Owen, "Episode One")
    Crank Yankers (Wanda Sykes as Gladys, "Bobby Brown, Wanda Sykes & Kathy Griffin")
    The Mandalorian (Taika Waititi as IG-11, "Chapter 8: Redemption")
    The Simpsons (Nancy Cart wright as Bart Simpson, Nelson, Ralph, Todd, "Better Off Ned")
    The Simpsons (Hank Azaria as Professor Frink, Moe, Chief Wiggum, Carl, Cletus, Kirk, Sea Captain, "Frinkcoin")
    Emmy winner: Maya Rudolph (who didn't bother pre-recording an acceptance speech)

    The Animated Program Emmy will be awarded on Saturday; the ceremony is live on FXX starting at 8 Eastern, 5 Pacific.

  16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

  17. #16
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The first set of animation Emmys have been announced, for "individual achievement in animation":

    Archer (Jill Dykxhoorn, Lead Background Artist, "Road Trip")
    Cosmos: Possible Worlds (Dan MacKenzie, Character Animator, "Vavilov")
    and three for Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal:
    Genndy Tartakovsky, Storyboard Artist, "Spear and Fang" (this is his fourth Emmy; he has two for producing Star Wars: Clone Wars (the original one, and not the CGI one, which is Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and one for producing Samurai Jack)
    Scott Wills, Art Director, "Spear and Fang"
    Stephen DeStefano, Character Designer, "A Cold Death"
    Archer and Cosmos won

  18. #17
    Stonecutter John95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Mauston, WI
    Posts
    1,350


    I'll be very pissed if Thanksgiving of Horror wins. Don't care about any of the others, I just don't want that one to win because it doesn't deserve to!
    Family Guy Season 19 Ratings - Stewie's First Word: 1.5/5 The Talented Mr. Stewie: .5/5 Boys & Squirrels: TBD Cutaway Land: TBD
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: 0/5 First, Do No Farm: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 The Old Country: 0/5 Businessly Brunette: .5/5 The Chilly Thrillies: 1/5 Dammmm, Stan: 1.5/5 The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler: 0/5 300: 0/5

  19. #18
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    I'll be very pissed if Thanksgiving of Horror wins. Don't care about any of the others, I just don't want that one to win because it doesn't deserve to!
    Bojack or Rick and Morty is likely gonna win.

  20. #19
    Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,363
    Blog Entries
    31


    As said before, If Bojack wins, they deserve it.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

  21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

  22. #20
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Archer and Cosmos won
    All three of those shows won - in fact, Primal won three Emmys in that category.

    You can see the five acceptance speeches here.

  23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

  24. #21
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,682


    The Animated Program Emmy goes to...Rick & Morty

    It's official; the Academy doesn't care for Bojack Horseman

  25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

  26. #22
    Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,927
    Blog Entries
    31


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The Animated Program Emmy goes to...Rick & Morty

    It's official; the Academy doesn't care for Bojack Horseman
    The Emmy's are a popularity contest. Pay it no mind.

  27. #23
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    This is so fucking frustrating. I had a little respect for the Emmys yet. It would be still unfair, but at least acceptable, that BoJack ended with a unique winning. But if the best-animated show has never won a single award, then it is no worthy. Last year for me paying attention to this big and awful fraud. Annies has demonstrated more coherence, criteria, and acknowledge.


  28. #24
    Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,927
    Blog Entries
    31


    Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    This is so fucking frustrating. I had a little respect for the Emmys yet. It would be still unfair, but at least acceptable, that BoJack ended with a unique winning. But if the best-animated show has never won a single award, then it is no worthy. Last year for me paying attention to this big and awful fraud. Annies has demonstrated more coherence, criteria, and acknowledge.
    Gotta binge Bojack some time. Like I said, it's a massive popularity contest. They play it safe and don't care about real quality.

  29. #25
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    The funniest thing is that this is the most coherent winner of the last three years at least. The Vat of Acid Episode is one of the greatest episodes of Rick and Morty beyond the saga of the Citadel and I still haven't watched View of the Halfway Down, to be honest (although I am pretty confident it is going to be one of my favorites for sure). My complaint is that the greatest animated series of all time ended without a recognition.

    Last year has won an ordinary and average episode of modern Simpsons, in the same year Free Churro was aired.

    Two years ago the award went to an episode because it became into a popular meme; I could understand if Time's Arrow would've lost with The Ricklantis Mixup but no the atrociously overrated Pickle Rick.

    And with all the respect to Bob's Burger, I doubt that Love, Actually was better than the cinematic, creative, and unforgettable Fish Out of Water.

    Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

  30. #26
    Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,927
    Blog Entries
    31


    Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    The funniest thing is that this is the most coherent winner of the last three years at least. The Vat of Acid Episode is one of the greatest episodes of Rick and Morty beyond the saga of the Citadel and I still haven't watched View of the Halfway Down, to be honest (although I am pretty confident it is going to be one of my favorites for sure). My complaint is that the greatest animated series of all time ended without a recognition.

    Last year has won an ordinary and average episode of modern Simpsons, in the same year Free Churro was aired.

    Two years ago the award went to an episode because it became into a popular meme; I could understand if Time's Arrow would've lost with The Ricklantis Mixup but no the atrociously overrated Pickle Rick.

    And with all the respect to Bob's Burger, I doubt that Love, Actually was better than the cinematic, creative, and unforgettable Fish Out of Water.

    Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
    I just started watching Rick and Morty and loved the pilot. I'll watch Bojack afterwards. If you're that confident that it's even better than classic Simpsons, I'm sure I'll at least deem it better than modern Simpsons, as you have fairly good taste. I don't even like Bobs Burgers at all, so I'd take modern Simpsons over that.

  31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

  32. #27
    Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,363
    Blog Entries
    31


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The Animated Program Emmy goes to...Rick & Morty

    It's official; the Academy doesn't care for Bojack Horseman
    You know what? The awards are rigged. That makes me kinda disappointed in a way, as Bojack will now end up with no best animated program emmys. But, I'm glad Halloween of Horror didn't win.

  33. #28
    Stonecutter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,059
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    The funniest thing is that this is the most coherent winner of the last three years at least. The Vat of Acid Episode is one of the greatest episodes of Rick and Morty beyond the saga of the Citadel and I still haven't watched View of the Halfway Down, to be honest (although I am pretty confident it is going to be one of my favorites for sure). My complaint is that the greatest animated series of all time ended without a recognition.

    Last year has won an ordinary and average episode of modern Simpsons, in the same year Free Churro was aired.

    Two years ago the award went to an episode because it became into a popular meme; I could understand if Time's Arrow would've lost with The Ricklantis Mixup but no the atrociously overrated Pickle Rick.

    And with all the respect to Bob's Burger, I doubt that Love, Actually was better than the cinematic, creative, and unforgettable Fish Out of Water.

    Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Fish Out of Water is my favorite Bojack episode, but Bob, Actually is in the top 10 of the entire series. It's really good.

  34. #29
    Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    My furnace with my crows
    Posts
    499


    Fuck the Emmys I have zero respect for them I literally betted my left nut that Bojack was gonna win fuck u Emmys
    Last edited by Bloodcurdling Sandurt; 09-20-2020 at 10:23 AM.

  35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

  36. #30
    Stonecutter Szyslak100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,237


    Quote Originally Posted by The Abominable Dr. Lenny View Post
    I just started watching Rick and Morty and loved the pilot. I'll watch Bojack afterwards. If you're that confident that it's even better than classic Simpsons, I'm sure I'll at least deem it better than modern Simpsons, as you have fairly good taste. I don't even like Bobs Burgers at all, so I'd take modern Simpsons over that.
    I personally consider BoJack better than The Simpsons (and I say it being a long-time fan of The Simpsons). For what I've read on the Internet, it's not an unpopular opinion. But it's not unpopular considering Classic Simpsons better than BoJack, either. I'd recommend you to keep your expectations moderately since you can believe it's not the best show but still a solid and enjoyable one.

    Glad you are enjoying Rick and Morty, too. I adore the show when it's cynical and mind-blowing without being immature and exaggeratedly meta, which happens most of the time, including in The Vat of Acid Episode. Hope you enjoy both series as much as me!




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •