Thread: Trash of the Titans vs E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Trash of the Titans vs E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)

Both were written by Ian Maxtone-Graham and produced under Scully. HOWEVER, these two are also considered guilty pleasures by fans. Which do you consider to be the lesser of two evils?

My pick is TOTT for its satire and Steve Martin.

Always found Trash to be a better episode than a lot of people here (probably of the quality between an average season 10 and a great season 9 episode imo), so I'll go for that.

Annoyed Grunt is really good by season 11 standards, but I think it's about an average season 10 episode and no greater

Quote Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
    Always found Trash to be a better episode than a lot of people here (probably of the quality between an average season 10 and a great season 9 episode imo), so I'll go for that.

Annoyed Grunt is really good by season 11 standards, but I think it's about an average season 10 episode and no greater
    Agreed, although Annoyed Grunt is actually a season 10 holdover, which would explain why its one of the better season 11 episodes.

I think another reason Trash is better is because it can have traces of David X Cohen and Richard Appel in the script; they were still on the writing staff at that point.

Wants to be a sweetie pie Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trash of the Titans is an episode where Jerkass Homer doesn’t bother me because the episode is so funny. E-I... is good for its season, maybe the best after Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner, but Trash is better.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Wants to be a sweetie pie Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trash of the Titans is an episode where Jerkass Homer doesn’t bother me because the episode is so funny. E-I... is good for its season, maybe the best after Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner, but Trash is better.

I'd have to rewatch them though I think Trash of the Titans is a little bit better. The thing is that E-I-E-I is a stand out in season 11 which is a bad season so it looks better when compared to what's around it.
    On the other hand Trash is in season 9 which is a stronger season and came right after the Classic era so it looks worse in comparison to the episodes it has around.

'Trash Of The Titans' wins it for me. It has Jerkass Homer and a kinda wonky plot, but to repeat what has already been said it has a great political satire (that still holds up even today) and an excellent performance by Steve Martin (whom really adds a lot, plus having a great last bit) and it can often be really funny. 'E-I-E-I D'oh' is a nice episode with a good plot, many nice moments of humor (also Sneed) and some memorable scenes but 'Trash' is the more interesting to me & the two said aspects are better than what 'E-I' has to offer.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-28-2020 at 12:31 PM.

I'm going with E-I-E-I-Doh. The duels and the glove slap song are funny, the irradiated fields are hilarious, Sneed's store is a good joke you have to think on for a minute, the tomacco is well remembered (enough to make the HD opening) and I love the Park Avenue Homer scene where the farmers are teasing him (I'm sorry, I believe in good grooming.) Titans is just not as funny to me, and Homer is less likeable.

I just remembered that fans also consider "Trash of the Titans" bad by Season 9 standards, but "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)" great by season 11 standards. So that may level out the playing field.

The Forgotten Braniac Jakey Prince's Avatar

I'm going to go with E-I-E-I-D'oh. (I could sure go for a Tomacco) It didn't have as much Jerkass Homer as Trash did. Also the start was good. Trash on the other hand has a good start, but it got worse as the Episode went on.

Thread Information