Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rating and Reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rating and Reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman.

It's time for another series. And what's better than this masterpiece of a show. Let's see how it goes.

As always, if you want to try it for yourself or accompany it with feedback, I appreciate it and you are welcomed!
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 06-30-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: Hank After Dark)

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

BOJACK HORSEMAN: THE BOJACK HORSEMAN STORY, CHAPTER ONE (S01E01)

I must admit that I rebuffed BoJack Horseman the first time I've sat down to watch it. I felt this first episode was missing something, and I didn't give a shot to the second one... Fortunately, I came back, because I would lose a brilliant show. Technically, it failed as a pilot for that reason, but my thoughts on this episode changed watching it in hindsight. I think they offered a very complete presentation of the show: the first handful of jokes of animals conserving their instincts and tastes of animals, the non-linear narrative, the use of recurring jokes that, as Mr. Peanutbutter said, it gets funnier every time, the quick transitions between scenes... all those elements define the show and you can perceive since the outset. Also, we watched the first segments of the straightforward 90s sitcom, Horsin' Around, including the ridiculously dark series finale. The downfall of BoJack, two decades later, was precisely established. he does awkward observation or jokes in the least accurate moment, he screws it up whatever he is involved in, he spreads selfishness, he oscillates between the hyper-high self-esteem and the pessimism and self-disrespect, he alternates between the total honesty and the subtle insinuation. There is also a fantastic presentation of the top-level cast. Todd gets troubles with a Mexican cartel, Mr. Peanutbutter appears to take out the worst of BoJack, Princess Carolyn deals with BoJack as her agent as her attempt of boyfriend in opposites ways, and Diane has her first conversation with BoJack. The revelation that she and the dog are together was great and unexpected. A solid pilot and, thereby, a solid episode.
    3/5

"He's so stupid he doesn't realize how miserable he should be. I envy that".
    - BoJack Horseman.
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 06-30-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

You're really devoted to this. Any chance you'll do Big Mouth?
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

These reviews help me a lot to improve my writing and vocabulary. That's the main reason why I am so dedicated to this, actually

Regarding Big Mouth, well, I am not considering to start another show so far so my answer is no. Maybe in ten years when I finish with BoJack Horseman, lol.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Eh, I'm the one who's actually going through puberty so maybe I should do it

BOJACK HATES THE TROOPS (S01E02)

The episode that hooked me up the second time I tried out to watch this show. An instant classic episode that presents a dispute that BoJack has with a seal for a box of muffins, and how the controversy spreads to inconsequential stuff like the condition of a veteran of the seal, the condition of a famous start of Hollywood of the horse, or the number of muffins that had the pack (12!). The handful of commentaries that BoJack shares were actually thoughtful, and the role that the media played, exaggerating the situation, condemning BoJack, and deviating the debate, was fantastic. Parallel, the protagonist led the subplot along with Diane. They have their first progress in the project. Diane is an awesome character. She brings out the deepest feelings and memories of BoJack, and they share a great dynamic. The final scene, where BoJack opens up and tells her how his childhood was, is amazing. Incidentally, the flashbacks showed here were very tough, proving the hard growing up that the horse had. Her mother was cold and distant from him. His father was violent and harmful, whether psychologically and physically. Mr. Peanutbutter starts a reality, "Peanut Butter and Jelly" which allowed a lot of material for jokes and a scenario to BoJack for apologizing for his behavior with McNeal. Meanwhile, Todd is in trouble again, this time with a Japanese girl that tried to swindle him and stole 80 bucks from Todd's account. It amazes me how serious problems are overlooked and the episode is built on details.
    4/5

"I am not deeply ambivalent about a seemingly mandated celebration of our military by a nation that claims to value peace telling our children that violence is never the answer while refusing to hold our own government to the sam,e standard".
    - BoJack Horseman
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 06-30-2020 at 05:35 AM.

@Szyslak100, just popping in here to inform you that I won't be following or commenting this project due to not having watched the show and hasn't really planned to any time soon, but I still wish you good luck and I'm sure you'll get other comenters as it does seem to have a bunch of fans on this board (and I hope that some of them will show up to voice their opinions).

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Hey, thanks! I highly recommend you to watch this someday if you want and have time to. It's an amazing show!

Blog Entries

i would recommend this show. it took me a couple viewings{like 3 in fact} to warm up to it; it starts off as kind of a generic spoof of Hollywood, but it becomes so much more. if it didn't bring me down so often I'd watch it more; not knocking it, if anything I'm giving it praise because even though this show is hilarious, it could still bring on the dramatics, in a way very few shows pull off.

was never a big fan of the troops episode aside from it having some funny moments here and there, like Bojack getting the muffins out of spite and then eating all of them on the drive home. and the news scrolls {in this, and every subsequent episodes with news scrolls} is classic. definitely something to look out for in the future because those never fail to make me laugh.

i'm not always great at expressing opinions of shows{it rocked! it was hilarious! it sucked!} but I look forward to reading these. been thinking about doing a rewatch and maybe this will be what motivates me

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I'd be glad to read your comments if you want to. It seems that you are a big fan of the show unlike me (I love it but didn't watch it completely yet). I bet you can contribute a lot to this thread!

Blog Entries

like I said, it took me a little while before getting into the series; watched the first few episodes a couple times didn't really get into it. eventually kept pushing on and it gets so much better. one of those where it's hard to pick a favorite season or episode because for the most part it's so consistently strong. I'd be happy to contribute if/when I'm able. I'm also happy to read what others have to say{you, anyone else who may post here} because this show is something else entirely. you stopped when, season 4?

I need to rewatch some of the last season, but either way I can't wait to read what you have to say!

Yes, I stopped in season 4, Thoughts and Prayers was the last one so far. The same happened to me, honestly. I think I started watching three or four times, and never passed from the first season but the last one, which I stopped because I went to a place without access to the Internet. It's also a constant among TV critics. The A.V. Club gave a C+ to the first season. It doesn't give a strong first impression, but once you give it a second chance, well, it is more than worthy.

Blog Entries

omg you stopped before one of the best episodes{IMO}; "Stupid Piece of Sh*t". for anyone who has had that little voice in their head; this episode hit deep. it's one of the harder episodes to watch, in all honesty; especially if you also suffer from depression. but it is SO. GOOD.

there was a thread here years ago; general consensus was that it started off slow(which it does) but gets so much better(which it also does).

yea the problem with ratings is they were only allowed to rate like the first half{thanks Netflix}; the show gets so much different in tone and whatnot that supposedly places had to change their rating habits, because while the first half of bojack didn't receive much praise, the second half of season one{as well as every season to follow} was so acclaimed... it really is a different show.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

PRICKLY MUFFIN (S01E03)

Sarah Lynn, the tender girl of Horsin' Around, 12 years later sex-symbol, is 24 years later an authentic disaster. As well as his fictitious dad, she is now a ruined shadow of what she was, manipulative, far away from her glory days, and is now misspending her richness in parties and drugs. Her downfall is evident, reaching the point of being the guestroom of BoJack, and falling even lower after their farewell, admitting she was never to grow and that she was going to surround with sycophants and enablers. I quite like how their dynamic was displayed here. It's like if Sarah features BoJack, while the horse occupies the role of his close people. BoJack playing the role of a permissive father was actually funny. He gives her a lot of ridiculous authorizations and permissions, even letting her destroy the house. However, the scene where they pass time together was kinda refreshing. I laugh out loud when Bojack simulates the credits rolling after that. I was not able to foresee the big twist: now they have sex. That was an odd decision that made me leave the show for a second time, but that I don't mind anymore. Todd and Diane played a supportive function. The former, being the of the voice of the reason and the mature one, was actually great. I uniformly liked the joke of the comparisons between his situation and Sarah's at BoJack's house. Princess Carolyn shines approaching Sarah and making her take the bait in a plan to cheat Vanessa Gekko. The endings, with the paparazzi birds taking photos of BoJack and Sarah having sex, was a clever opening of a future storyline. Not one of the best episodes, though.
    4/5

"I get letters every day from boys telling me that I was the first girl they masturbated to. Literally, someone tells me that every day".
    - Sarah Lynn
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 07-02-2020 at 07:09 PM.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

ZOS AND ZELDAS (S01E04)

So, are you a Zo or a Zelda? I personally think I am closer to a Zo. Incidentally, I guess I've watched this episode in the Zo mood. I can't find too much to remark from this one except for the brilliant meditation about what character of the Mr. Peanutbutter show are you more alike to, and except that stunning ending, reflecting on the idiosyncrasy of Diane, and particularly of BoJack, who are defined like Zo too (the latter one, have it undoubtedly deserved). That was the kind of montages that makes me love the show. The actions of BoJack in this episode confirms the meanness and selfishness there are inside him. He poked out a likable side and bury it ruining the big opportunity Todd had to mature. Other minor highlights are the hit-and-miss dynamic between BoJack and Todd, both when they are confronted or working together, and the new storyline opened to future episodes, since the episode finished with a first-plane of the ticket of the videogame that damaged Todd. One of my problems with this one is that Todd's project barely calls my attention. His opera is always boring for me, whether when it is supposed to be boring and when it is supposed to be great. Another one is that I didn't care for the new characters except for Margo, whose participation is always delightful. Neither Wayne, who delivered too little and only advantage is the possibility for Mr. Peanutbutter to shine with his hilarious observations, nor Virgin Van Cleef, who is probably one of the least memorable guest characters of the entire show. Oh, and this is probably the least funny episode so far.
    3/5

"You can live your happy Zelda life in this happy Zelda town and pretend you're a happy Zelda, but I know you, and this isn't you".
    - Wayne
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 06-30-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Blog Entries

never was a big fan of sarah lynn's first appearance. but she grows into one of my favorite secondary/recurring characters.

i always forget what constitutes being a 'zoe' or a 'zelda', so that's not something I could answer on my own. that said, like you said it's overall a weaker episode but it's not 'bad' per se. if it's the one I'm thinking of, I really liked the ending because it gives way to some future stories involving todd and bojack being at odds with each other.

i apologize for not really saying much; like i said, I'm not much of a reviewer/critic. plus I haven't seen these episodes in a while. once you get to more episodes I'm familiar with, or episodes I actually do have a strong opinion about, I'll try to add more.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

LIVE FAST, DIANE NGUYEN (S01E05)

This was another modest episode. After the Todd-centric story, the spotlight is now on Diane. We know that Diane has a terrible family after she receives a call to be notified that her father died. She is not distressed at all for that news because she despised him, for justifiable reasons. The big problem is that she has to return to Boston to meet again with her miserable mother and her detestable brothers. A series of events makes her slowly losing patience at the point of completely becoming berserk. And hey, I can understand her. Her family is excessively atrocious. Not only that they don't take care of the funeral, that they are constantly manipulating Diane and they are always loitering. They also humiliated her with a hard prank when she was 16 and drew balls on the corpse of their own father, among others irritating acting, turning him into chum later. Few times fictitious characters generated so much hate on me. And, since that was the purpose, I guess that's a merit. As expected, BoJack didn't help at all since he only passes time with Diane's brothers and supports them. However, he shows a certain maturity being nearer to Diane and writing a really nice letter to her to remedy his actions. Oh, and I loved it when BoJack played with the kaleidoscope. The subplot was a bunch of non-sensical casualties, including tourists believing that pathetical David Boreanaz rip-off and Todd listening photographs. I actually liked how Princess Carolyn was involved in the story but, overall, it was not a strong episode.
    3/5

"What's great about Los Angeles is nobody cares about where you're from or who you are. It's a superficial town where you can worry about stupid shit like keeping your pool clean, and what artisanal nuts to put on your salad".
    - BoJack Horseman

OUR A-STORY IS A "D" STORY (S01E06)

Now we're talking! Here it is, the episode that finally made me fall in love with the show after an unstable beginning. The breakpoint where a restrained show started a constant and exponential process of growth. This one displays a hilarious series of absurd competitions between BoJack and Mr. Peanutbutter, both trying to impress Diane. Their dynamic was fantastically developed here: First, hostility. Then, working together in a common goal, and finally, and surprisingly, the dog betraying the horse taking the merits of stealing the "D" and being acclaimed by the entire town for that. Everything is surrounded by hilarious comments about how Mr. Peanutbutter always rips-off BoJack, while Diane put up the stupid situation, and the media and the police grotesquely pressing on the conflict. The outcome shows two different realities: on one side, the dog and Diane are engaged, in an intimate conversation that was actually TV material. On the other, BoJack opens himself up with a voicemail, after talking with Princess Carolyn. It was a touching ending. This is also an essential episode for sure: here is when BoJack buys the restaurant Elephant, here is when Hollywood becomes "Hollywoo", being pronounced without the "D" onwards. The subplot involves Todd in jail (for that David Boreanaz stuff) being unable to contact BoJack who should bail 50 dollars. His experience there is hilarious. For some reason, he is the belle of the bail, tries to fit in two crews, both crews discovered it, they want to kill him, but the helicopter that was transporting the "D" suddenly tumbles down just there and save –and break free– Todd. THIS is BoJack Horseman.
    5/5

"Desecrated a major landmark in a drunken stupor, that's a BoJack Horseman thing. But stealing it for your girlfriend as a grand display of affection? That's Mr.Peanutbutter".
    - Princess Carolyn

SAY ANYTHING (S01E07)

The series of episodes centered around the four big secondary characters finished with Princess Carolyn, in a compelling episode that made me adore a character who I thought was the weakest. She is a terrific agent who always obtains the best for hers, but nobody appreciates that. Amy Sedaris was in a fantastic form here. BoJack and Todd have a bourbon commercial but both of them ruined it, Cate Blanchett suddenly switches of agents, Mr. Witherspoon giving the best to newcomer Vanessa Gekko. She also has to put up with the incompetence of her new secretary, whose sillinesses are hilarious. She has to tolerate the unbearable Vanessa Gekko, one of those people who celebrate their own achievements downgrading the rest. She has a tight schedule because she is really engaged with her job, plenty of structured work-meetings with directors and actors, and repeating the same motivational speech every time someone stumbles blocks. However, this time, she logs out of the robot-version to give an opportunity to BoJack, because her personal life is disorganized, at the sad point of turning 40 and being alone. And what BoJack does? Once again, he acted like a big asshole. They have a toxic relationship that is a constant disappointment for Carolyn. BoJack uses her to discharge his failures in his bad moments to hide his miseries, debilitating her, and then he throws her out of his life. The manipulation with the cardboard BoJack was hilarious, and the act of firing her so they could date was selfish. They have an odd relationship of hate and love, romantical and professional. But what's sure is that it's unbalanced. Carolyn deserves better than him, but she really has bad luck and takes wrong decisions.
    4/5

"Starting now, you are a hard, heartless career gal. Go to work, be awesome at it, and don't waste time on foolish flights of fancy. From now on, you are a robot. Beep bop boop blurp bleep".
    - Princess Carolyn
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 07-06-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries

the "you are 40" announcement by PC's phone and the subsequent ending credits music is the first time i realized this show was something special. brilliant moment

patrick carneys music selections are a really underappreciated aspect of the show
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I absolutely agree with that. I surely was going to remark that aspect in Yes And (season 2, episode 10) since Parade, by Kevin Morby, is one of my most-listened songs in Spotify and I still listen to the song often.

Since you opportunely get ahead, yeah, the election of licensed songs to the frequent sad montages is generally fantastic, and Impossible gives a special thrilling feeling to an already touchy-feely scene.

THE TELESCOPE (S01E08)

So, this was the first truly dramatic episode. We could divide it into three parts: the flashback, the actual meeting, and that off-topic subplot where Todd is assaulted by two Celebrity Stealing Club who philosophized with Todd about themselves just to assault him anyway. A good subplot to soften the seriousness of the main plot, I guess. But I want to focus on the impressive main plot, of course. We went to the 80s, where an unknown BoJack was close to Herb Kazaaz and Catherine, his girlfriend. Herb was like a mentor for the horse, and he was the one who helped BoJack to become a star. But circa the 90s, when Herb was bombarded for a group of jerks that thought they had the authority to judge his personal life, BoJack simply disappear and not only that but he also never wrote him or talked with him again. Fantastic story and kind of realistic too, unfortunately. Oh, and I must say, the generic songs and generic references to the 80s and 90s were sublime. Back in the present, the rediscover was very unpleasant. A lot of obvious insinuations from Herb referring to the cowardice of BoJack and how awful friend he was. Herb brings out everything he thought about his former friend but doesn't forgive him, and he let him know that he is going to live with the remorseful. Cruel but fair. What a situation, my God, and poor Diane, who plays a very uncomfortable role in the middle of the disturbance, and being kissed by BoJack, who once again misunderstood everything. I was on board two episodes ago, but I completely understand if you consider it the first time where the show takes the right route.
    5/5

"You'd probably sleep a lot better at night if you just admitted to yourself that you're a selfish goddamn coward who takes whatever he wants and doesn't give a shit about who he hurts. That's you. That's BoJack Horseman".
    - Herb Kazaaz.

HORSE MAJEURE (S01E09)

After three gems in-a-row, now the show decelerates a bit with an episode that it's not much special for itself. Instead, it worked as a transitional story that encompasses an entire week, wrapping up some of the storylines formerly opened, and submerging into new adventures. It reveals the consequences of the kiss between BoJack and Diane, and how things got weird between them. It brought back the imminent conflict between BoJack and Todd because of the videogame pitfall of Zoes and Zeldas. It rushes the planned wedding between Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter twice, at the point we see that moment here. It's neither magical nor memorable. As this show gets used, the plots with more potential are overlooked. They've given more importance to BoJack and how he tried to sabotage the wedding. Indeed, it was pretty funny, not only for the crazy ideas but also because every attempt was a big failure. He didn't suspend the wedding. In fact, it was set forward. Her helper, Margo Martindale, was arrested while they executed a plan. Todd overthought the entire situation and knotted all the date he had, but anyway he figured out what was happened. Also, he becomes the new chauffeur of Mr. Peanutbutter after the dog got mad with a mailman, giving raise to which is, probably, the most explosive pair of the show. And finally, Princess Carolyn met Vincent. Kind of a stupid character that everyone but BoJack loves because he perceives that he is three kids behind a trench coat until the end when Vincent consolated BoJack after the wedding. Not a great episode but it stayed the quality.
    4/5

"I never thought I wanted to get married. It's so weird, this idea of dedicating yourself to something for the rest of your life. Like, how could you know, right? But then I realized it's okay to not know everything. And some things take a leap of faith. Mr.Peanutbutter, I want to take that leap with you".
    - Diane Nguyen

Blog Entries

i know it's just a word but I freaking love how the writers of bojack use the word 'fuck'; it's a TV-MA program so they could use it as often as they want, but they only use it once per season to really hit the feels. and it's worth it each time{at least for the first three seasons... and season 5. season 4's was kind of wasted imo but that's neither here nor there}. i think the herb episode is the one that really got me into this show and showed me what it could be. there were traces beforehand but this episode hit that point for me.

haha, i love vincent adultman; the fact that there isn't ever really a clear answer is one of my favorite things about him.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB, Szyslak100

ONE TRICK PONY (S01E10)

I have mixed feelings with this episode. It started fantastically but it gradually fell down, losing the pace of the comedy and missing the point of such a distinctive plot. I dare to say that the first half of this episode was the funniest experience this season offers. Everything in that movie was a mess: BoJack playing the role of Mr. Peanutbutter, while Wallace Shawn interprets BoJack, Quentin Tarantulino ordering that the actors stay in their characters name, BoJack complaining because the movie wasn't telling the story as it was and also being upset for what he did for Todd, Mr. Peanutbutter complaining because BoJack was wearing a crew neck t-shirt, the alligator encharged of the food forbidden Diane to eat, the odyssey of Lenny to grab a nosh, Naomi Watts harassing Diane and having sex with BoJack... Just enormous chaos that enabled hilarious situations. The episode also succeeded in exaggerating the exchanges of the movie: It was really funny to see how BoJack lost importance while Todd won the interest of Tarantulino, reducing his participation in a simple catchphrase. I actually don't like how they get rid of the film, reimagining it in a bi-monthly curated box of snacks was too non-sensical for me. And of course, you have the expected moment where Bojack browses his book, "One Trick Pony", but it was not what he expected and he mistreats Diane who then humiliated him in Buzzfeed. I was a tad disappointed with this outcome. I just... don't like how it was handled. But hey, nothing is gonna take out how much I laugh during the film shooting.
    3/5

"I guess I got a happy ending, but every happy ending has the day after the happy ending".
    - Diane Nguyen

DOWNER ENDING (S01E11)

When I've reviewed Rick and Morty, I frequently argued that they are immature when they attend adult topics. This show, instead, uses a TV-MA concept like drugs to schematic the entire season and as a help to express the deepest thoughts of the main character. Alongside Todd and Sarah Lynn, BoJack suffers from hallucinations and he has a mystical voyage that contains everything. They were great as supportive characters, allowing interesting moments like Sarah Lynn suggesting to kill BoJack and then trying it., or the gum/broom scene. Amy Winfrey's ambitious job in direction enhanced the surrealistic scenes: BoJack looking at a real-life version of himself in the mirror, the kiss between BoJack and Diane and her weird metamorphosis, the inclusion of a perturbing giant Mr. Peanutbutter, the lack of boundary between the horse and space, BoJack sinking on the floor, Diane animated in another style, and some others eccentricities. This version of Diane tells BoJack he needs to choose the life he wants, so we have a beautiful montage of how that life would be. He lives with Charlotte in quiet and cold Maine, they have an adorable daughter named Harper and they are very happy. The contrast between what happened and what is real is just depressing, and it really makes me feel anxious. Am I going to get what I want? Agh, damn show that makes me think. The title doesn't lie. This has a downer ending. BoJack practically begging Diane to affirm that it's not too late for him and that he is good. It was shocking and profound. Such another great entry.
    5/5

"If we all had guns, then no one would need a gun, and we would all be safe. Oh my God. I think we just solved the gun crisis in America".
    - BoJack Horseman

LATER (S01E12)

A neat season finale although, once again, this worked to prepare the ground to the following episodes, modifying the situation of the five main-characters, deepening in untold stories, and presenting new people for the future. The flashback of the depressing suicide of Secretariat, back in the 70s and in the pinnace of his career, was really shocking, and little BoJack had to deal with this loss. As a kind of homage, BoJack searches for the role of his childhood idol in a brand-new movie, meeting director Kelsey Jannings, a new acquisition looking towards season two. That's the current situation of the horse, who may or may not work with Diane again. That depends if she takes the job of consulting assistant or if she goes through the world to write an article about another new character: Sebastian. I laugh so out loud when he neglects his charity. That visual gag when he gives a box to a girl with missing limbs is probably one of the darkest and funniest jokes of the season. Mr. Peanutbutter's partnership along with Todd takes the first big chapter when they create the iconic "Halloween in January" and some other stupidities. Finally, Princess Carolyn goes in-depth with Vincent Adultman, and I can't wait to watch more of them. We also see the situation of others characters in a cute montage. I am overlooking lots of funny scenes, like the entire Golden Globes sequence, and others touching like a new profound conversation between BoJack and Diane because I guess the important thing is what are we going to see in the upcoming season. But whether what we are getting and how we reached that, is well-done in this episode.
    4/5

"The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead".
    - Mr. Peanutbutter

BOJACK HORSEMAN CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: SABRINA'S CHRISTMAS WISH.

This special is part of the catalog of Netflix, also it's in the list of episodes of IMDb so, why don't write down a review of this? We have a full-length episode of Horsin' Around and we can agree that it is not extraordinary. However, this special is led by BoJack and Todd. Their rutty and volatile relationship is always great, and I found sweet that BoJack asked Todd to watch more episodes at the end, even if he thoroughly criticized them and permanently grumbles because of his presence. Both make a bunch of interesting observations to Christmas. What does it mean, how important (or not) is this time of the yeat, how bad are these TV specials. Such interesting reflections and thoughts, as this show gets us used. I am neither a fan of the sitcom nor of the Christmas, so the Horsin' Around episode was kind of boring for me. Not much to say about the clich story or the predictable jokes. The ending gives me shivers because of how pathetic it is. I rather talk about the meticulous sample of the show: Sarah (Sabrina) is fantastic; she is the favorite of the public and everyone is delighted with her tender. Bradley (Ethan) is kind of pathetic and receives awkward lines. Joelle (Olivia) is an agreeable teenager, which is not common on TV. BoJack's character is great. The guy of the crowd who makes observations is the best of the episode by far. So, is it expendable? Yes, it is. Is it nice to have an episode like this in the show's repertory? Absolutely. So, even if I don't praise the episode, I appreciate this episode as much as any other.
    3/5

"You have to watch cheesy old holiday specials on Christmas; it's tradition.".
    - Todd Chavez

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Unrelated to Bojack, but @Szyslak100, Bless the Harts will be in your country soon. It's scheduled to debut sometime in July on the Fox Premium Channel.

The Central, King of Harts, Burger-loving, American family guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 * PILOT 0/5 * EPISODE 2 0.5/5 * EPISODE 3 0/5 * EPISODE 4 0/5 * EPISODE 5 0/5 * EPISODE 6 0.5/5 * EPISODE 7 1/5 * EPISODE 8 2.5/5 * EPISODE 9 3/5 * EPISODE 10 3/5

BRAND NEW COUCH (S02E01)

We are already in season two? This show is very addictive when you get into it. This time, BoJack strives an upbeat attitude, but his role of Secretariat is opposed to that intention. It examines an untold facet of the main character and I am surprised how genuine it felt. He takes his new personality seriously but the pressure of his job, the latent doubt if he is actually a good actor and the tormenting memories of his terrible relationship with his mother impede his progression. He can not perform the line "what are you doing here?" properly until a demotivating call of his mother, who read his book and, as always, disapprove what he does, discouraged him. That line was perfect to retreat how BoJack feels, and Will Arnett was genuinely fantastic enacting him. All the jokes related to the audiobook landed, as well as the acronyms and the metaphors. Some stupid situations erased from this situation: BoJack has a friendly conversation with Mr. Peanutbutter. The dog thought they could be friends but BoJack rejected him even before to become the normality. Todd leaves the couch and now is looking for a place to sleep on; it actually amusing to watch him in the background, and I loved that Kelsey adores him. Diane didn't have the same luck and she was relegated to a minor task... a minor task that she didn't accomplish and generated a tragedy. Princess Carolyn's role is aside from the main plot. Rutabaga Rabbitowitz makes his debut here, starting a professional rival with Carolyn. The situation in Vigor is getting interesting, and Charley really steals the show there. It was a nice season premiere.
    4/5

"Every morning is a miracle".
    - BoJack Horseman.

Thread Information