View Poll Results: What Is The Most Overrated Simpsons Season Of The Classic Era?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1

3 20.00%
  • Season 2

1 6.67%
  • Season 3

2 13.33%
  • Season 4

5 33.33%
  • Season 5

3 20.00%
  • Season 6

1 6.67%
  • Season 7

0 0%
  • Season 8

0 0%
  • Season 9

0 0%

Thread: Most Overrated Simpsons Season Of The Classic Era?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Most Overrated Simpsons Season Of The Classic Era?

What season of the Classic Era of The Simpsons do you think is the most overrated and why? And I'm including the Classic Era Seasons, none of the seasons past Season 9 could possibly qualify as overrated.

Remember, the season you vote for DOES NOT mean you have to hate the season or even dislike it, but maybe there is a big possibility that you feel one of the seasons of the Classic Era Of Simpsons and shouldn't possibly be put on pedastool and maybe you might even quite a bit of Post-Classic Simpsons Seasons much more than this particular beloved Classic Era Season/s and that's alright.

Season 1 is worse than seasons 11 and 12 for me. Homer was far more jerkass in this season than any of the Scully episodes in my opinion and I know they were just starting but it hasn't aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    Season 1 is worse than seasons 11 and 12 for me. Homer was far more jerkass in this season than any of the Scully episodes in my opinion and I know they were just starting but it hasn't aged well.
    How was he a bigger jerkass in season 1 than in 11? Can you give me an example?

Answering the question, I don't think any season in the classic era is overrated, all of them deserve the praise they get, but if I had to choose one I would go with season 3. It's a fantastic season but I don't think it's the improvement people say it is compared to season 2. Many say that with this season the Classic era started which I don't agree at all. If we're talking about Golden age it clearly started in season 2 with the first episode Bart gets an F.

My brain... OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree as well that the classic era didn't begin with season 3. I think season 2 is the best one of the entire show, so I don't really like when people say that the third is what really started it.

But even having said that, I can't say that any of the seasons don't deserve the acclaim.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-29-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: bboynexus

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    I actually found Scully-era jerkass Homer freaking hilarious. The way he acts is so over the top it cracks me up. In Season 1 he just seemed like an unpleasant guy with no personality.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Sesson 4 is great but I still prefer 6 and 7

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

Wants to be a sweetie pie Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 4 is a good season, but it has more misses and fewer hits than the other classic seasons. Mr. Plow and Homer’s Triple Bypass are great, but the end of the season is quite weak, and episodes like Homer the Heretic and Marge vs the Monorail are overrated.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Season 4 is a good season, but it has more misses and fewer hits than the other classic seasons. Mr. Plow and Homer’s Triple Bypass are great, but the end of the season is quite weak, and episodes like Homer the Heretic and Marge vs the Monorail are overrated.
    I agree with Homer The Heretic being overrated. It's still probably in my top 50 though, but people here put it in their top 10.
    And about Marge vs the Monorail, I don't think it's the best episode of the series but it is probably the funniest and surely in my top 10.
    While I prefer episodes like Last Exit to Springfield for its political satire, I think Marge vs the Monorail is probably the funniest episode, almost all of it's lines and scenes are quotable or memorable.
    But I think there's more to the Simpsons than humour, that's why I think Last Exit to Springfield or Who Shot Mr Burns are more representative of the show as a whole while being almost as funny anyways.

My brain... OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I Love Lisa seems to be many's favorite. It's great, but I don't think it's top 5 for the season. Marge Gets A Job and Whacking Day don't get a lot of love, but those are easily some of the best for me. I also don't understand why so many dislike Brother From The Same Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    I Love Lisa seems to be many's favorite. It's great, but I don't think it's top 5 for the season. Marge Gets A Job and Whacking Day don't get a lot of love, but those are easily some of the best for me. I also don't understand why so many dislike Brother From The Same Planet.
    While Marge Gets a Job is not one of my favourite ones I do agree it is ranked too low.
    Like seriously, in one of the lists in this forum it ended up in the position 232 of best episodes, behind episodes like That 90's show, Blame it on Lisa, Saddlescore Galactica, Three Gays of the Condo and The Italian Bob among others.
    One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Either seasons 3 or 4. People hold the Jean-Reiss era up as the golden age among the golden age, but I don't really see what makes it better than the Mirkin and Oakley-Weinstein era.

4 to be honest maybe even 5 6-8 and 2-3 were much better than those Overall
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content C
    Go Big Or Go Homer B-
    The Fat Blue Line B
    Treehouse Of Horror XXX C+
    Gorillas On The Mast C+
    Marge The Lumberjill C-
    Livin La Pruda Vida A-
    Thanksgiving Of Horror A
    Bobby Its Cold Outside B
    Hail To The Teeth B-
    The Miseducation Of Lisa C+