View Poll Results: Which 2019-20 new Fox cartoon did you enjoy more?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bless the Harts

1 20.00%
  • Duncanville

4 80.00%
    Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Which new 2019-20 Fox cartoon did you like more Duncanville or Bless the Harts?

So on the animesuperhero forum someone posted this but I was the only who responded so Id like to see what you think. You know me already what I would say so now Id like to know what you would say!
    Winter of our Monetized Content 7.5/10 - Go Big or Go Homer 5/10 - The Fat Blue Line 8/10 - Treehouse of Horror XXX (30) 7/10 - Gorillas on the Mast 7/10 - Marge the Lumberjill 4.5/10 - Livin' La Pura Vida 9/10 - Thanksgiving of Horror 9/10 - Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? 6.5/10 - Bobby, It's Cold Outside 8/10 - Hail to the Teeth 7.5/10 - The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson 7/10 - Frinkcoin 8/10 - Bart the Bad Guy 9/10 - Screenless 8/10 - Better off Ned 6/10 - Highway to Well 8/10 - The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby 7.5/10 - Warrin' Priests 8/10 - Warrin' Priests Part 2 7/10 - The Hateful Eight-Year Olds 8.5/10 - Way of the Dog 9.5/10

Duncanville is coming to Latin American today so I think I am going to give it a shot with its first season. Unfortunately, Bless of Hearts is not going to be aired here and I have pending other TV shows to watch on Internet so I don't think I watch this one.
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: One Trick Pony)

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Duncanville is coming to Latin American today so I think I am going to give it a shot with its first season. Unfortunately, Bless of Hearts is not going to be aired here and I have pending other TV shows to watch on Internet so I don't think I watch this one.
    Harts is only syndicated to Finland and Canada so far.

I saw the three first episodes of both shows. I wasn't impressed with either of them.

Bless the Harts was quite nice, Never got the whole jesus as a recurring character idea, the father and stepdaughter was easly the best dinamic of the show. I just though it wasnt particullary funny. And the artstyle is really off putting. I saw it at the beggining of the year but I recall being annoyed with Betty.
    "Hug N' Bugs" C+
    "Can't Get There from Here" C+
    "Jenny Unfiltered" B-

Duncanville was funnier and probably I would pick it for that fact only, It's corious how the last act of the first episode remind me of "Marge Be Not Proud" and "Red Head Redemption" has a lot of similar points with "Lisa on Ice". The artstyle doesnt bother, its just fine. I gotta say i really like the opening despite being quite simple.
    "Pilot" B
    "Red Head Redemption" B
    "Undacuva Mutha" B-
    Soon Season 31

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I saw the three first episodes of both shows. I wasn't impressed with either of them.

Bless the Harts was quite nice, Never got the whole jesus as a recurring character idea, the father and stepdaughter was easly the best dinamic of the show. I just though it wasnt particullary funny. And the artstyle is really off putting. I saw it at the beggining of the year but I recall being annoyed with Betty.
    "Hug N' Bugs" C+
    "Can't Get There from Here" C+
    "Jenny Unfiltered" B-

Duncanville was funnier and probably I would pick it for that fact only, It's corious how the last act of the first episode remind me of "Marge Be Not Proud" and "Red Head Redemption" has a lot of similar points with "Lisa on Ice". The artstyle doesnt bother, its just fine. I gotta say i really like the opening despite being quite simple.
    "Pilot" B
    "Red Head Redemption" B
    "Undacuva Mutha" B-
    I think Harts got better over time but Duncanville didn't. The finale was a little disappointing so I prefer Harts. I watched all of them because it was between Simpsons and Bob's Burgers. Harts is returning this fall and Betty doesn't play an active role after like Trash Twins. I'm surprised you find her annoying. She's the funniest out of all of them.

I preferred Duncanville more, but would watch a second season of both. Bless the Harts wasn't as funny but still watchable.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Duncanville is better imo, but BTH is just starting
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Duncanville is better imo, but BTH is just starting
    Sorry I don’t get wym “BTH is just starting”

Pin Pal

After seeing this past weeks' repeats, I have to say I like Bless the Hears better than Duncanville. Bless the Hearts is the twenty firsts' answer to King of the Hill Here are my reasons in comparisons.

Bless the Hearts
    1. it's grounded in reality (okay with the exception of Jesus)
    2. It has something that is a first in animated sitcoms. A single mother with a boyfriend.
    3. It doesn't rely on pop culture because that will age the show badly
    4. All the female shows are well written
    5. All the characters are likeable
    6. There is a sweetness to it that has been missing from animated sitcoms

Now for Duncanville
    1. The main character is dumb and not well developed
    2. Relying on pop culture
    3. cutaway gags like #2, these are what you find on Family Guy
    4. It needs to drop #s 2 and 3 and find its' own perosnality instead of trying to be the next Family Guy and we don't need another Family Guy
    5. Duncan needs more work to be a great character.

the only plus is
    1. Both parents work and it doesn't rely on 1 parent to be the breadwinner

Bless the Hearts is better because it is more character driven and the characters are a little more developed. Duncanville is funny at times but Bless the Hearts is better.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    After seeing this past weeks' repeats, I have to say I like Bless the Hears better than Duncanville. Bless the Hearts is the twenty firsts' answer to King of the Hill Here are my reasons in comparisons.

Bless the Hearts
    1. it's grounded in reality (okay with the exception of Jesus)
    2. It has something that is a first in animated sitcoms. A single mother with a boyfriend.
    3. It doesn't rely on pop culture because that will age the show badly
    4. All the female shows are well written
    5. All the characters are likeable
    6. There is a sweetness to it that has been missing from animated sitcoms

Now for Duncanville
    1. The main character is dumb and not well developed
    2. Relying on pop culture
    3. cutaway gags like #2, these are what you find on Family Guy
    4. It needs to drop #s 2 and 3 and find its' own perosnality instead of trying to be the next Family Guy and we don't need another Family Guy
    5. Duncan needs more work to be a great character.

the only plus is
    1. Both parents work and it doesn't rely on 1 parent to be the breadwinner

Bless the Hearts is better because it is more character driven and the characters are a little more developed. Duncanville is funny at times but Bless the Hearts is better.
    Good points. Is your autocorrect on because you keep spelling it wrong (then again many people do). Also have you seen Central Park? It is a must see if you like Bob’s.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

This video seemed appropriate for this thread.

Pin Pal

I want to give these 2 shows credit for thing. They were both created by women and that is a good thing.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Thread Information