Thread: Abe Simpson and Mona Simpson's age

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Abe Simpson and Mona Simpson's age

I always thought that grandpa Simpson must be at least 20 years older than Mona. However in recent biographies grandpa is just a few years older which doesn't make sense.
    Mona is shown to have been a hippy during the 60's. In those flashbacks she and her friends look like they are in their 20's. Most hippies were around that age in the 60's.
    This means that Mona was born in the early to mid 40's.
    And we know that Abe was a soldier during D day in 1944. We don't know exactly his age there. Let's assume that as most soldiers he was fairly young.
    This means that Abe must be at least about 20 years older than Mona.
    What do you think? Mnay biographies on the internet don't make a lot of sense.

Wants to be a sweetie pie Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don’t try to think about ages and make stuff consistent. You’ll just end up ripping your hair out.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

The ages of the characters are very inconsistent, so it is really difficult to choose the year every character was born.

I do remember that in one episode, it was stated that Grampa Simpson is 80 years old and he continues to age once in a while, with his age being around 83 or 84. However, there are some episodes that contradict Grampa's age, as being 68 years old, which doesn't make much sense for a character that fought in World War Two.

I cannot say much about Mona's age, since she is a very minor character that was/is rarely seen anymore, but The Simpsons WIki states that she was born on March 15, 1929 and died on July 14 2001, which would make her about 72 years old at the time of her death,

However, we cannot be sure, since the series doesn't care about continuity that much. They can just play with the characters' ages whenever they want, one time being that they are/were in their late 60's and the other being that they are in the 80's and 70's, which can be really confusing.

Then again, The Simpsons can do whatever they want with the characters. A good example of this case is the ages of Homer and Marge that often change for the demands of each plot, but I take as canon that they were born in the late 1950's (specifically in 1956), which sounds about right, since the series started in 1989, but we do notice slight changes over the course of the series, like Marge and Homer ageing 3 years over the course of the series etc.

Thread Information