Thread: Simpsons Arcade game review

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Simpsons Arcade game review

Ahhh such a classic, I can still hear that gameplay right now and suddenly I'm transported back to the old Holiday Inn in Grand Forks that existed before the Express moved in and it moved out (hey the place had the Simpsons Pinball machine too and I remember playing that and laughing maniacally every time I hit people that are considered Bart's Nemesis's) oh btw one of the holiday inns on my neck of the woods DID have the simpsons arcade game, there aren't that many arcades that exist these days, the last time I played a physical version of the arcade game was in the mid 2000s, there is one that does exist at a nice restaurant outside of Winnipeg, I didn't play it because they had the South Park Pinball game there

hey I don't know if there is as separate thread for this because there's no rate and review archive thingy like the episode reviews do

I actually did just play the game again in it's entirety...as Homer (yes there's a hack you can use when you're playing the game online) it kind of made me wonder, how would it look if it were made today would the writing be any different? would there be a different villain aside from Mr.Burns even though Sideshow Bob does make a cameo in the game, but he was less crazy then
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

There's been so many bad simpsons video games.. people still look back to the beat 'em up arcade game as one of the best.. up until Hit and Run came out it was probably the only great simpsons game. I know people enjoyed road rage but I never really got on with it. I remember hating the NES games as a kid but I thought the SNES ones weren't that bad..

Hit and Run wasn't the best gameplay wise, it was a little simplistic.. the platforming left a little to be desired but it was still very enjoyable. It was full of fun sound bytes and references to the show..

I didn't really like the Simpsons Game, maybe the gameplay was a little more varied but everything fell a little flat.. it somehow managed to look worse in my mind and it was released at a time where the simpsons had some of the weakest episodes.

Thread Information